Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: When is mid life crisis
During your 20's 12 12.00%
During your 30's 8 8.00%
During your 40's 39 39.00%
During your 50's 15 15.00%
During your 60's 0 0%
Never, it's a load of BS 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #31
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Well I am definately going through mine at the moment at 46.

I have the fast car, the much younger GF, I have taken some of the grey out of my hair (no ponytail though) and having more fun than I ever did.

What you discover as you get older is that life is too short so you may as well enjoy it while you can. I highly recommend that if you haven't started having your MLC yet, you get off your rear end and make it happen. Listen to Pink Floyd's 'Time' on repeat for a while but don't let it depress you, use it to change your life.

So stuff anyone who has an issue with the way I live, I am too busy having a good time to notice you anyway.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Call it what ever you like but if dressing, looking and feeling "young" for your age, owning your own home, having toys like bikes, boats and hot cars, getting attention from younger extremely attractive women and partying is a "mid life crisis" than bring it on i say!!

Old 24-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Mid life crisis .....A time when some event or the fear of getting old prompts people to try something they always wanted to do or felt they should do but felt they were held back by some belief,fearor gult.

I think we take things too seriously and hit some point were something has to give.We reevaluate our lives and make a change to explore/experience those things which we would like to do .
It may be a shock to some people but everyone has a right to explore new things and develop themselves more. The more we experience ..the more we learn ..mostly about ourselves..

For me my mid life crisis turning point was a health crisis and the reality that we have been blessed to be given this life.To love 100% and to live 100%.
Theres no room to apologise to the slaves of work and money who seem offended bu us living with passion. :

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #34
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

its only a mid life crisis if you stopped enjoying life in the first place!

I never stopped and never will .
some people realise in mid life ,where the term comes from,that their life sucks and all that saving and being responsible dont mean squat.
buy what you want ,party ,holiday with in your means and the crisis will never need to happen,
power to the people who have woke up to the fact ,have your crisis ,enjoy
Old 24-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #35
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
What you discover as you get older is that life is too short so you may as well enjoy it while you can.
I had the same realisation after a best mate died suddenly last year at 29. Nothing kicks you up the *** more and makes you realise how short life can be than seeing your best mate lying on a cold hospital table. I guess I had my mid-life crisis at 20!

Since then I've quit my boring Public Service IT job & am about to sign up to the RAAF - something I've wanted to do for a long time, but had trouble getting out of my comfort zone. Bugger it. I don't want to get old and have regrets.

Life's all about experiences, friends and family. Don't wait for a mid life crisis to enjoy all 3. IMHO.
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #36
ELtim
Six One Eight

My parents never seemed to go through one. So really, I don't think I will. I have my dreams and hope to make them true. I just can't see me really being un-happy with my life, otherwise I would change it to suit me.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #37
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Mum is going through hers. She bought a green SV6 after every car she's ever owned being a pov pack in appliance white, got a tattoo, done some pole dancing and street funk dancing classes, changed jobs numerous times after being in a very secure and decent paid job, and goes out all the frigging time etc etc

It's bloody depressing that she is having more fun than me (I'm 21) but she deserves it and as long as she is happy then good on her I say :
PICS? kthxbai
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #38
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well I live in a large house in 3/4 acres on a hill overlooking Fraser Island, drive a new sports cars, have a GF who is many years younger than me, have been on holidays to 3 different countries so far this year and am having a pretty good time...So if that is a mid life crisis then you would be the jealous one wouldn't you....
hahahaha nice reply..
Quote:
then you would be the jealous one wouldn't you....
not at all, what I enjoy is the fact that what to one man is a "mid life crisis"; to another man is "living the dream!"
While from what you've said your lifestyle sounds idyllic for the time being I wouldn't trade it for mine. But then we are different people at seemingly different stages in our lives. If I had a GF who was many years younger than me I'd probably be in protective custody. I am more than happy with my lot in life and the lifestyle it affords me. Yet I don't feel the need to share it with everyone else here to justify my point..... :
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #39
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Well I'm just over 30 and started my mid life crisis about 2 mths ago
Soon to be wife walked on on me and the 2 kids ( 5&6 )

But I have just about everything I want .
I have the house near the beach , I have the Muscle car , I have the fun cars and the go karts , Now I am building a business from scratch .

and now I have a Friend with " benefit's " with a 18yo ...... Yer I'm a bit lucky ..
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #40
tetgreg888

My missus recons I`m going through mine now. I`ve just turned 40 and have finally realized that after all the years working your *** off trying to buy a house, start a family, and provide the best you possibly can for them, run a business, that there is more to life. I think of all the happy times I had and all the stuff I enjoyed doing and one of my greatest joys has always been cars. I think that I`m lucky to have the means to buy a nice car and a wife and family that are happy for me to do the stuff I enjoy doing.
tetgreg888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #41
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I think I'm about to have mine.

(I have a Volkswagen Eos catalogue at home)
Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #42
SiKoRa_eL_97

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
Well I'm just over 30 and started my mid life crisis about 2 mths ago
Soon to be wife walked on on me and the 2 kids ( 5&6 )

But I have just about everything I want .
I have the house near the beach , I have the Muscle car , I have the fun cars and the go karts , Now I am building a business from scratch .

and now I have a Friend with " benefit's " with a 18yo ...... Yer I'm a bit lucky ..
at 19 i envy u!

better confiscate his computer.
SiKoRa_eL_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #43
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol all you guys need to do is go to bali with ya mates for 2 weeks, blow about 2 grand(thats all you will need) get some tats and get plastered on bintang and mushies for 2 weeks straight. then you'll come back goin holy , i have 6 tattoos now.. and get back to work thinkin wow that was fun, cant wait for next time!..

do that every coupla months :P
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #44
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
lol all you guys need to do is go to bali with ya mates for 2 weeks, blow about 2 grand(thats all you will need) get some tats and get plastered on bintang and mushies for 2 weeks straight. then you'll come back goin holy , i have 6 tattoos now.. and get back to work thinkin wow that was fun, cant wait for next time!..

do that every coupla months :P

You sound like the old guys I work with.
Except you missed the part about $5 complete massage as they call it.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #45
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
A mid life crisis is a term used by jealous young people to describe someone who is old enough, successful enough, rich enough and smart enough to own the cars they drool over, live in the house they drool over, be "friendly" with the girls they drool over, travel to the places they drool over and generally live life to its fullest.

It is interesting to note that the more immature and jealous the young person, the more vitriol shown and that almost all are male.

The females in the same age group tend to have a more open view as they are often the ones who get to ride in the cars, visit the houses, travel as companions and be "friendly" while living life to its fullest.
Nah a midlife crisis is when you give up the care of success, riches, cars, house, tarts, etc and go looking for the lost years,
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #46
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Well said Wally

Agree 100%
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post