Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Default EOI on my old 5L EF

Mods feel free to delete this if it's not considered appropriate for this part of the forum

Just wondering what the interest would be out there in my old EF. This isn't a for sale thread, more of a is it worth selling or just throw it away (sell to the wreckers) thread.

Anyway, details are:

'95 EFII Gli, factory 5.0L auto. Has done 350,000kms and is definitely starting to show its age. Fitted with duel fuel but the tank is out of date and the converter is on it's last legs. Usual other mods such as lowered, full exhaust, reasonable stereo, tinted windows etc.

Is in reasonably good condition body (apart from light bumper damage) and interior wise and the engine still runs well, but it would need a bit for a roadworthy like ball joints, shocks, steering rack, possibly a wheel bearing etc. It's still a daily driver (not mine, my housemates) so it is still running fine per say. Would make a great project or good for parts. Don't get me wrong, if you wanted to it could be roadworthy'd just it may end up costing more than the car is worth as a daily driver.

My question is would you guys think there would be much interest out there for this or should my housemate just not bother wasting time trying to sell it and flog it to the wreckers? He is hoping for about $1000 minumum and doesn't expect miracles (i.e isn't asking for 3 grand etc).

I've been out of the E-series market for a few years now and with the rate the B-series cars prices are tumbling I really have no idea if this would even be wanted, hence this post.

Thanks

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 23-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Just put it up for sale for $1,000 and see how you go - prob $1,500ono as most buyers want it cheaper than the sale price.

Make sure you add lots of pics - EF V8 for $1,000, some one may want a project car........
Old 23-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

As has been said, put it up for $1500. Don't think you'll have any hassles at all trying to sell it for atleast $1000.
Old 23-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put it up in the for sale section and then post a link in the for sale links in this club area (not the whole add just the link ;) )
Closed Thread