Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #31
jeremyevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Just got home from the pub!
good time i hope mate. i've done the good old shower, shave, *** and loaded with viagel, i'm ready to- well. go out.
jeremyevans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #32
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Years ago I remember as a littley my Mum driving us back from the country in a Tarago from the Central West of NSW. Mum ran over a red belly black and immediately yelled at me to look behind and see if it was on the road. It wasn't. So my Mum was freaking out. We drove in to Bathurst and stopped at a garage with Mum just sitting there with all the windows up, blasting the horn, with the servo guy looking incredulous. Anyway he came over and Mum managed to crack the window a bit to explain. They guy said not much chance it would still be there since between Canowindra and Blayney, but Mum wasn't convinced. A few minutes later a cranky, slightly squashed 5 foot RB black pokes its head out from under the sliding door to see what all the fuss was about. 45 mins and a few cops and a wildlife guy later we were back on the road.

Sydney story? How about me running around my car in a suit, stopped at lights in the peak hour commute chasing a massive huntsman over the car with a newspaper with fellow motorists yelling encouragement and directions. Got the bugger, just as well as I was changing the gearbox on the weekend and the last thing I needed was that thing dropping onto my face in the process.
Old 20-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #33
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Not so much a car story.

But for those who ride bikes will know what I'm talking about.

It's called the all elusive spider dance.

As some of you may well know, far north queensland is home to some very interesting creepy crawly's and the likes.

So here I was, with a mate and we were hitting up a local rainforest downhill mountain bike track. My mate said, 'ok, you're the faster rider, go first'. Yep no worries.

So here we are bombing down this tight downhill single track, weaving in and out of trees, and then, on a quick section of the track, I see it up ahead, a huge spiders web across the track, one I could not duck under. My stomach dropped and I felt a sickening feeling, I hit the web at warp speed with my eyes closed, when I opened them all I could see was the hairy underside of what looked like a tarantula on my goggles! I grabbed at the brakes and then continued to crash, hard to say the least. Picture a bike travelling for 5 metres on it's front wheel, the rear stepping out in the air and hitting a tree, which spun the bike 180 with me on it, then continuing to roll down a bank. This didn't phase me, I quickly jumped up, took my gear, shirt, shorts off and jumped around in 180 leaps squeeling "GET IT OFF, WHERE IS IT, SHITE GET IT OFF." and wildly slapping at my body an face.

I never go first on tracks now.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #34
Jesk
certified nutter

My father always had loads of spider webs in his old trucks that he used for work which my brother and I weren't allowed to kill, simply cos in the hot weather working and sweaty the spiders that stayed in their webs and dealt with the flies bugged dad a lot less then the sticky little buggers. So after spending a lot of time in dads old trucks where if you counted the spiders you would run out of fingers and toes, really having one spider rock up in my car doesn't really phase me though, I will fairly quickly dispatch it
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #35
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
one of those late night garden spiders
The good ole orb spider harmess but they do give you a fright , not car related but about a week ago we went next door for a few drinks and the wife went thru a web between the fence and the house and done the spider dance, jumping around flapping the arms and brushing all of your upper body in 1 second
We were in there for a few minutes when the neighbour said to the wife, hey nice brooch how ofter do you feed it, she had one of these spiders perched on her top near the left shoulder and then the spider dance happened again
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #36
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Huntsman crawled out from base of windscreen, inside, in my new Liberty last year on the Eastern Fwy ! Did a lap of the dahs, and disappeared down again.

Sprayed mortein in the approx area it came from when I got to work, never saw it again.

But did I kill it......
Old 20-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #37
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

it wasnt in a car , but at work on friday morning we were boring a hole in the ground to stand a new power pole and i climbed in to remove some large rocks ( hole about waist deep) , i had been in the hole a few minutes throwing out rocks and went to turn around when i seen something shining behind me in the dirt.

got a better look and it was a red belly black about a metre long curled up under a rock.

my butt must have been about a inch away from it when i was bent down throwing rocks.......... could have been ..umm ...interesting.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #38
matty8604
Starter Motor

About a year ago, woke up, got ready for work and headed to the petrol station to fill up for the week. Get to the petrol station pop the petrol cap go to stick the nozzle into the car and what do i see... a dirty big Huntsman crawl out only inch's from my hand, as you would imagine i freak out and jump outta my skin. i tried squashing it with my foot without success leaving dirty shoes marks on my car. I ended up just flicking it off with my hand once i worked up the courage.

The worse part of it was that it was peak hour morning traffic on cheap petrol day so about 7-8 drivers saw me, plus the regular attendant at the petrol station gave me a g-up saying i looked like a 11 year old girl trying to get rid of it...

Ive also had a couple bush roaches crawl on me while driving but there easy fix.. and not that exciting, but still gives you a little shock... also had a family of baby huntsman's come through the air vents in my old laser. hundreds of the poored out, Tell you what that was completely different. Took about a week to get them all out.

Matt
matty8604 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #39
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG23BP
The good ole orb spider harmess but they do give you a fright , not car related but about a week ago we went next door for a few drinks and the wife went thru a web between the fence and the house and done the spider dance, jumping around flapping the arms and brushing all of your upper body in 1 second
We were in there for a few minutes when the neighbour said to the wife, hey nice brooch how ofter do you feed it, she had one of these spiders perched on her top near the left shoulder and then the spider dance happened again
Haha, those orb spiders are a menice to intoxicated walkers!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #40
HOEBAG
Banned

.... my car is being fixed in the garage at the moment and i just got all the shattered glass out of the drivers side windows
/runs to get can of bug spray & duct tape
HOEBAG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #41
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
What gets me is that, how do moths and flies get ino your high mount brake light and interior light?
lol. I've often wondered that too! Another question, how do you get the dead flies and moths out from the high mount brake light?

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #42
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Not in a car, but a few weeks ago i was on the school bus coming home from school, the usual, put my ipod earphones in and listen to some music until i hear some VERY loud screaming from the people behind me, i turn around on on the other window opposite me there was this massive huntsman spider bigger than my hand trying to run towards the front of the bus, all the GUYS where jumping around and screaming, one guy ran down the front of the bus while the others on the back seat all squashed into the corner, then the spider fell off the window and one of the girls squished it, then threw it at us.

Biggest spider i've ever seen!
i think somethings wrong with the water where you live. The guys were screaming? pfft, pussies :P

and cmon guys! huntsmans aren't even poisonous and would only hurt a fly! they are pretty calm, you can pick them up and they'll walk around on ya hands. .. i like creepy crawlies lol
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #43
Sprint347
Tickford

I had a huntsman live in the left rear tail light of my XF Spac for what seemed like ages
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #44
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyevans
how many animals are poisonous in australia all together.
Heaps.

Spiders: Funnel Web and Mouse Spider are the most poisonous. Redback spiders are quite venomous, but not enough to kill a person
Snakes: Heaps apparently!
From my First Aid book: "There are about 100 species of snakes in Australia of which twenty are highly dangerous to humans. The most venomous Australian snakes are the most venomous in the world."

Crocodiles: not poisonous, but very aggressive and can easily kill a human

Drop-Bear: must watch out for these! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

Funnel Web
Red Back Spider
Mouse Spider
Brown Snake

Is it a bad thing that the top 10 most venomous snakes are found in Australia?

Saltwater Crocodile
Old 23-04-2008, 06:18 AM   #45
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

A corolla I used to have had a habit of being a breeding bround for huntsman spiders. Tried everything to get rid of the buggers, in the end got an insect bomb, locked up the car for the weekend, and come Monday morning, the interior was full of dead spiders and insects. Nice.

Just recently, I was driving in my EB, had my arm on the top of the door trim with the window down and a massive juicy roach crawled across my arm. Cockroaches are the thing I hate the most so I think I screamed like a girl, slammed on the brakes, pulled into the emergency lane on the freeway, got out, and did that girly shakey dance thing.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #46
Barra05

a few years ago went out with the folks, in dads convertable mustang, when he started the car, a large spider came flying out the exhaust, and got spat against the garage door. Same time about 10 minutes later, driving down the road, dad gives the stang a bit of a squirt, and a bloody huge spider fell off the top of the roll bar and landed on my lap. My folks were impressed with what language i had learnt in 13 yrs at a private school.
Barra05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post