Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default All Hail Brett from Southside Ford !!

Well, after seeing many "bad experience posts" from Ford Service Centres around Australia, I thought that I would post up my recent experience with Southside Ford here in Brisbane.

I bought my XR8 about 6 weeks ago, and in runs out of new car warranty in June this year. Upon reading many threads on here I was worried about the timing chain tensioners on these BA Boss engines.

Went to another Dealer, who was just hopeless, and I won't be going back there ever again, then I spoke with Brett (Service Manager) from SSF. He asked me to come in and have a chat with him. After checking out my car on the system, he advised me that my car actually had 5 years Ford Factory Warranty instead of 3, yet nobody else even the Ford dealer that I bought the car off had told me this. He then persinally called Ford Customer Care, updated my details on the system and also sorted out this extended new car warranty so that it transferred over to me.

Plus, he then fixed under warranty the timing chain tensioners, as he had changed so many and knew of the issue and also changed the mirror under warranty.

His service levels are fantastic and he actually gives a about his customers. I will be getting my car looked after them - no problems.

So well done SSF, and well done Brett. It is a breath of fresh air to deal with real professional people.

Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
Boosh Brus

They get my recommendation too.
Marc from there spare parts section gave me a good price and a quick delivery.
Boosh Brus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

I have also had great dealings with the Guys in the Spare Parts department!

Great to see a dealer that actually cares and wants to help!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its refreshing to hear a good story!

the service manager at Mid Coast Ford (Taree) is good and has helped us out a few times in the past.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

How come it had an extended warranty, do you know?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

As someone suggested after I posted my experience with Ford / FPV since ordering my GT, maybe there has been some hooting and hollering come out of senior management at Ford.

The message seems to be getting through that customers expectations were not being met, and the representatives of Ford needed to step up.

It's good to be able to post something positive aint it.......

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
How come it had an extended warranty, do you know?
Yeah it was a "End of Year" special that Ford ran. Buy a new Ford in June and get 5 yr / 150,000km warranty instead of the normal 3 yr / 100,000. This was in 2005 and my car was delivered on June 6 2005.

So I get the extra warranty.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Brett looks after the FPV Club guys to.. He will be getting my business from now on!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Yeah it was a "End of Year" special that Ford ran. Buy a new Ford in June and get 5 yr / 150,000km warranty instead of the normal 3 yr / 100,000. This was in 2005 and my car was delivered on June 6 2005.

So I get the extra warranty.
Damn, there was a slight glimmer of hope that you were going to say 'Because it was an ex-Ford company car'.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
Foobar
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
His service levels are fantastic and he actually gives a about his customers. I will be getting my car looked after them - no problems.

So well done SSF, and well done Brett. It is a breath of fresh air to deal with real professional people.
I wholeheartedly concur. I have had nothing but dramas with a certain other Brisbane dealer service dept. Just had my 30K service with SSF and I don't see how I could be happier really.

I reckon just about every other dealership out there could learn a thing or fifty from these guys.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear a "good experience" story!! Bet that was a nice surprise to find out about the extra warranty.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

So now you can flog the guts out of it at Willowbank SAM ???
Come on mate, i,ll remove your plates for ya :Up_to_som
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #13
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drive 82 kms each way to get my F6 serviced at Southside Ford. Brett's team treat customers with respect and courtesy instead of the indifference I've experienced elswhere.

I really don't understand why Ford Australia doesn't seem to comprehend that good quality aftersales care translates to repeat customers. The fact that my wife's next car will definitely be another Mazda is testament to this.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its good to no not all Ford dealers are bad!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #15
red_hotxr6
Banned

Good to hear and glad its relatively close to me...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post