Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Default Stock Radio Shat Itself.

Hi all, My EA, up until today still had the original Phillips Radio Cassette Player. Well after many punches to get it going again, it finally died today. In its place is a Kenwood CD Player so my question is: Can someone please recommend a good 6" speaker set for my parcel shelf. I have JBL GT 6x9s here but cant fit them as its a no no (thanks grimus) to cut the metal under the parcel shelf. Not wanting to make a thicker shelf either as it dosent look right. Spacers suck.

Bottom line is: I dont want to go too far with the audio as i have been there done that 13 years ago. I just need to replace the stock speakers with something that packs a little bit more punch. It's only my work car but its my pride and joy also as the Wife has made a mess of the AU which was meant to be mine but she claimed it !!!!

I want cheap too. Are Jaycar speakers any good ?

Cheers, Adam.

Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Personally, I'd just cut the shelf!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
BigCav
OzFalcon.com.au

jaycar are fine.

if really thats all u want, walk into the closest store and buy whatever is on special at a price your willing to pay. when brand name and outright performance/quality arnt an issue buy whatever.

even look at ebay
BigCav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #4
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ill sell you my fairmont cassette player for 10$ plus postage, if you want it... pm me if you want it, i got the code too
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just get risers for the 6x9's,thats what i did with mine and never looked back.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sony xplod 6 inch from super cheap auto. $50 or so for the opair and easy to hook up.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pioneer cheapys are a good improvement over stock and fairly priced.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Thanks for the reply's guys. I installed the Pioneer 6x9s out of my old XE GHIA. They have been in my wardrobe for almost 3 years. I used spacers and it dosent look too bad, sounds great but.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_eb_fairmont
Sony xplod 6 inch from super cheap auto. $50 or so for the opair and easy to hook up.
Yes I went for these, as the stock speakers really distorted with the new head unit I bought, and for $50 a pair they're actually better than what I was expecting.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
Bi66uy

I went for 6" speakers as well. I've got 280w pioneers in mine, when I changed from the 220w to 280w, I had to use spacers because the magnets on the base of the speakers were bigger than the 220w that i had in there before, and they didn't clear the twin 12" subs, which are mounted behind my rear seats.
Redback 2.5inch Exhaust
Wade 1636 Cam
K&N Filter
SS Air Induction Kit
Capa Eliminator Chip - Tuned by H.P.T
144.1kw
Bi66uy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post