Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #121
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The police don't give special treatment to individuals?!
I'm sure that if a unknown community member was pulled over and charged for the same "offences" whether they would be subject to this sort of media grilling or whether the television crew that were happening to be driving by at the time would have bothered to stop and film there car being searched!

Each day that goes by, more and more of the story gets leaked to the media and more and more IMO it seems that Ben cousins and Daniel Chick were specifically targeted.

I would think he would be targeted, because you appear at Chris manwearing's house an hour or so before he was found dead and not come under the suspicions to police....come on

I'm surprised all this coverage isn't reported on today tonight cos they are the ones that usually air this type of bullshyt one sided stories
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 21-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #122
1970galaxie
Fat 460

The latest is that the cops had a 24 hour surveillance on him, and tapped his phone.
They also found $3000 in cash in the car too.
There might be a lot more to it than we currently know.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
Old 21-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #123
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give it a few months and all this will go away, along with Cousins, now that his playing days and affiliation with WCE are over the media couldn't give a rats about him, once they milk this saga out he will simply fade away, without Football he is small potatoes, something i am sure he will struggle to deal with.
Old 21-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #124
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
Give it a few months and all this will go away, along with Cousins, now that his playing days and affiliation with WCE are over the media couldn't give a rats about him, once they milk this saga out he will simply fade away, without Football he is small potatoes, something i am sure he will struggle to deal with.
It is interesting you have this viewpoint.

Your tone suggests you are enjoying the thought of somebody having their career and passion ripped away from them?

The last WCE footy player that was effectivley severed from football and affiliation with the club (for his belief in second chances and salvation) spiraled into depression, hit marital troubles and finally lost his life.

Nobody is perfect, we all have our vices and weakness's. Just because somebody is more publicised than another does not mean that the public should view them any differently to an average citizen, much less savour their fall from grace. That is a very shallow outlook.

Daniel
Old 21-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #125
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Stated on the news that YES there had been a mistake and his lawyer has suggested that he sues..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 21-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #126
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

The person that had "coke" on the $20 was "michelle" and from what I hear admitted to police what she had been up to !!!
The Western Bulldogs are keen for Cousins and have already made contact !!!
Cousins has been clean and has only taken prescription drugs approved by his GP and considering what he is going thru it would be best as these will help him have a better perspective.
The Toyota was "michelle's" sisters car and not a sponsor car !!!
Old 21-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #127
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if what you say is true ngn351, it just goes to show how gungho the police and media were in attempting to bring down cousins
Old 21-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #128
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its just like what they did to Thorpey accusing him as a drug cheat!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 21-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #129
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

If this has all just been a big Stuff up by the police, the Police and Australian Media should be ashamed of themselves.

Here is a guy trying to come clean (Personally i couldn't care what players do off the field, if they kept it out of the news, the kids wouldn't know and the whole rolemodel thing could continue with no isses.) and they crucify him for nothing, disgusting.
Old 21-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #130
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
It is interesting you have this viewpoint.

Your tone suggests you are enjoying the thought of somebody having their career and passion ripped away from them?

Nobody is perfect, we all have our vices and weakness's. Just because somebody is more publicised than another does not mean that the public should view them any differently to an average citizen, much less savour their fall from grace. That is a very shallow outlook.

Daniel
First up i am not a WCE supporter and hardly follow AFL.

I do not feel the least bit bad for him, he did this to himself, He was a good player but chose to act in the way he did and keep the company he did, The public do view him differently there is a defiant attitude that it's all lies and the Cop's are just out to get him that Cousins isn't involved in anything unsavoury Ect,
Fact is he is a Drug user and has been for some time and keeps know criminals as company, I am not saying that because of what i have read in the media, i know it cause i have been told by reliable sources. Now the fact the Kids grow up idolising people like this worries me.

He has had more than amply chances to get his off-field act together and he hasn't, I know a guy who's Ex Army and used to work CCPP that knows a thing or 2 about other Ex WCE players.

If he players again, good on him, hope he can get his chit together, but to be honest i am not the lest bit concerned about what happens to him, I like to focus on my life and those of my friends and family and not Some football player or celebrates.

Cheers.
Old 21-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #131
gazza750
token import owner

for all his lawyers talk of suing the afl and eagles he wont have a chance as he is still charged with refusing to comply with a police directive (IE) refusing a drug test swap and blood test so in all legalities he has broken his contract with the eagles end of story
Old 21-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #132
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza750
for all his lawyers talk of suing the afl and eagles he wont have a chance as he is still charged with refusing to comply with a police directive (IE) refusing a drug test swap and blood test so in all legalities he has broken his contract with the eagles end of story
Being charged with an offence doesnt make you guilty of that offense....
He hasnt been convicted of anything.
Everyone has jumped the gun on this occasion... which in itself makes the club look vicariously liable...

Old 21-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #133
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will say that Ben Cousins is still a very good player. Forget his off field indiscretions, he is still a a valuable player and as I saw at the St Kilda V WCE game, his value at centre breaks is still that of a top 10 player in the league.

He clearly has personal issues but I think he's been made a convenient target. The fact remains that all Ben Cousin's publicity has done is bring reality to the picture; that drugs do exist in AFL. Ben Cousins in the convenient scapegoat. There are many people that do drugs in the AFL but do it in their own time and do it so it does not disrupt their commitments.

I want to see Cousins return and show everybody that a) He's recovered fully b) The media was wrong and c) that's he's still a gun player.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 21-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #134
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Being charged with an offence doesnt make you guilty of that offense....
He hasn't been convicted of anything.
Everyone has jumped the gun on this occasion... which in itself makes the club look vicariously liable...
Does not taking drug test have any scrutiny??
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 21-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #135
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza750
No hes been advised in suing the WA police service
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 21-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #136
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
I heard that due to his prior problems, since his return he has been tested several times per week.

You'd get sick of it. He took a voluntary drug test after Chris Manwairing's unfortunate passing and was clean.

I think he's stick of being made a scapegoat.

But he should have taken a drug test.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #137
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
He was tested regularly during the season, and after the season.. he didnt show up anything at any time.

You can make anything you want of it, (and the media have and will) but at the end of the day we still need to remember 2 things:
1) he's only been charged not convicted of refusing the test. (it may still get withdrawn, or he may get off)
2) even if he's found guilty it still doesnt mean he would have failed it.. regardless of any feelings or opinions you might have.

I think this sums it up nicely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I will say that Ben Cousins is still a very good player. Forget his off field indiscretions, he is still a a valuable player and as I saw at the St Kilda V WCE game, his value at centre breaks is still that of a top 10 player in the league.

He clearly has personal issues but I think he's been made a convenient target. The fact remains that all Ben Cousin's publicity has done is bring reality to the picture; that drugs do exist in AFL. Ben Cousins in the convenient scapegoat. There are many people that do drugs in the AFL but do it in their own time and do it so it does not disrupt their commitments.

I want to see Cousins return and show everybody that a) He's recovered fully b) The media was wrong and c) that's he's still a gun player.
Cousins hasnt murdered anybody, he hasnt done anything wrong to any kid, or any adult, he hasnt commited any great crime as far as i can tell.
Sure he's made some stupid personal decissions.. but his personal issues continue to get dragged into the media...
If we were to judge him purely on his performances on field (which is why we know him) then you'd rate him in the top 10 greatest players of the past 15 years... Weather you hate him or not you've got to feel a bit for his predicament..

Last edited by 4Vman; 21-10-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #138
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
He was tested regularly during the season, and after the season.. he didnt show up anything at any time.

You can make anything you want of it, (and the media have and will) but at the end of the day we still need to remember 2 things:
1) he's only been charged not convicted of refusing the test. (it may still get withdrawn, or he may get off)
2) even if he's found guilty it still doesnt mean he would have failed it.. regardless of any feelings or opinions you might have.

I think this sums it up nicely:

Cousins hasnt murdered anybody, he hasnt done anything wrong to any kid, or any adult, he hasnt commited any great crime as far as i can tell.
Sure he's made some stupid personal decissions.. but his personal issues continue to get dragged into the media...
If we were to judge him purely on his performances on field (which is why we know him) then you'd rate him in the top 10 greatest players of the past 15 years... Weather you hate him or not you've got to feel a bit for his predicament..
Spot on. This is also a very valid point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
if they kept it out of the news, the kids wouldn't know and the whole rolemodel thing could continue with no isses
On that note, I would only add that right, wrong or otherwise, Ben Cousins should be treated exactly the same as any average person in these circumstances. Media profile should not be viewed as a noose around sombodies neck.

Daniel
Old 22-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #139
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I heard that due to his prior problems, since his return he has been tested several times per week.

You'd get sick of it. He took a voluntary drug test after Chris Manwairing's unfortunate passing and was clean.

I think he's stick of being made a scapegoat.

But he should have taken a drug test.
The testing place that does the screening have come out and stated that they haven't even seen the so called test, and because they are the only place in WA that can do the drug tests they believe it wasn't even done. Even if he did do it the next day after Mainwaring died wouldn't it have had enough time to clear his blood stream anyway? Anyone have any sort of idea how much time it takes to clear something like ecstasy or cocaine from the system.
Old 22-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #140
Jase
-Village Idiot-

according to my friend google,

Quote:
Detection Periods
Drug Approximate Detection Time in Urine:
Alcohol 1-2 days
Amphetamines (crystal, Ice, crank, methamphetamines) 5-7 days
Barbituates Short-Acting (ie. secobarbital) 1-2 days
Barbituates Long-Acting (ie. phenobarbital) 2-3 weeks
Benzodiazepines (Librium®,Valium®,Serax,Xanax®) 2-30 days
Cannabinoids (THC,Marijuana) 20-90 days
Clenbuterol 2-4 days
Cocaine (Crack) 3-5 days
Codeine 2-5 days
Euphorics (MDMA, Ecstasy) 3-7 days
LSD 1-4 days
Methadone 3-5 days
Methaqualone (Quaalude) l-14 days
Opiates (heroin, Vicode, morphine, codeine) 2-7 days
Phencyclidine (PCP, Angel Dust) 1-30 days
Phenobarbital 10-20 days
Propoxyphene (Darvon) 1-3 days
Psilocybin (mushrooms) 3-5
Steroids (anabolic) oral 14 days
How ever i have heard it is quite alot shorter than some of those listed times, which is why some people i know only take specific drugs so they dont get busted at work
Old 22-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #141
Jase
-Village Idiot-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase
according to my friend google,

How ever i have heard it is quite alot shorter than some of those listed times, which is why some people i know only take specific drugs so they dont get busted at work
ie

Quote:
Q: How long after cocaine use can it be detected in the urine?
A: Cocaine is excreted in the urine primarily as benzoylecgonine in a short period of time. Benzoylecgonine can be generally detected for 24 to 60 hours after cocaine use or exposure. Exact clearance rate times can't be determined since the metabolic rate is individualized depending on weight and other factors.
damn internet and its many many opinions :P
Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #142
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Sorry to thread mine.

Im not sure if anyone see's a similarity here.
But i was watching Tv the other night and saw this on the Wedge.
Mark Wary the sorry sportsman.
They sort of look similar and seem to be in some trouble...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCRnMAKx32E

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FalCNncblNo
Old 04-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #143
TadKa
Wait? What?

Dude, The Wedge?? Was every other channel off air?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #144
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

No Dude... I was channel surfing on Foxtel.

Sometimes even Fox has nothing to watch.... :rolleyes:
Closed Thread