Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Default Supercat Exhausts

Anyone know anything about these brands of exhausts??? Got a mate from work who can get a 2.5 inch system for me from the cat back with a resinator as he used to work in the industry installing them for $154.

Cheers.

devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The catback system I had fitted at Radiant Exhaust is the SuperCat brand. Dunno how it compares to other brands but I noticed a small performance increase and love the sound. I paid $260 installed so at that price I'd go for it,

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

supercat exhausts sound awesome, they sound heaps better than redback which is what most seem to use, had a supercat system on my old EB and its now on my ED XR6, sounds mint as and gives it a good power increase aswell
Old 25-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Sweet this will be the road I will be heading down, my mate at works says it takes a lil time for the exhaust note to improve with these exhausts, at first they dont sound much different over standard, others find that also??
Old 26-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope. Mine was pretty loud straight off and started as a sort of burbly sound that toned down afer a while. On the way home from having it fitted, I couldnt help but give it a squirt just to hear the sound.
Make sure if you're going with a single muffler to get a resonator as well, I made that mistake first up.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTom
Nope. Mine was pretty loud straight off and started as a sort of burbly sound that toned down afer a while. On the way home from having it fitted, I couldnt help but give it a squirt just to hear the sound.
Make sure if you're going with a single muffler to get a resonator as well, I made that mistake first up.
Yeah getting it with a resinator, I dont want to get canaried for being too loud.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

seriously man just get the one single muffler and no resonator, its not that loud with just the one muffler ive never had any problems with the loudness and cops, and I live around the Dandenong/Noble Park area, so if I would of been done it would of already happened, you wont be disapointed with the note
Old 26-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
3.9from hell
hoons cause global warmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Lightning
seriously man just get the one single muffler and no resonator, its not that loud with just the one muffler ive never had any problems with the loudness and cops, and I live around the Dandenong/Noble Park area, so if I would of been done it would of already happened, you wont be disapointed with the note

get the ressy dude, seriously u dont wana sound like every vn driving blingrat P plater with a delleted rear box "sports system" and god only knows how many rear wheel tuggawatts.

u know the ****er u meet at every set of lites, more dada hood than than head with the 2000watt sound sytem that still cant crank nelly frutardo loud enuff to be heard over that god awful "zorst" note as he flogs past u 200meters after u backed off, doin 95kmh in first friggin gear in a 50 zone to prove u didnt just kick the living snott outa him
Old 26-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilracer_01
Yeah getting it with a resinator, I dont want to get canaried for being too loud.
Yeah I'd also vote resonator.
Old 26-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

those who want to hear what a 2.5" exhaust with no resonator sounds like are welcome to come along to tuesdays mini meet in vic and hear mine.
ill take you up a hill....i bet you $100 it will change your mind....after i hold revs at 2000rpm up a hill for 20 secs you be begging me to stop.
its farking annoying...its the first thing im gonna change when i get my piping done....add a reasonator.
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSPENCER85
those who want to hear what a 2.5" exhaust with no resonator sounds like are welcome to come along to tuesdays mini meet in vic and hear mine.
ill take you up a hill....i bet you $100 it will change your mind....after i hold revs at 2000rpm up a hill for 20 secs you be begging me to stop.
its farking annoying...its the first thing im gonna change when i get my piping done....add a reasonator.
brad
am I the only one who doesnt have a problem with this, my car makes almost no noise when crusing along, going up a hill etc...