Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Phil91EB

Default Careless

Today I was a bit careless when removing a perfect condition EB Fairmont boot garnish (missed the middle screw) and I snapped it :togo:

I would like to hear about other peoples misfortunes from just being plane careless.

2006 BF Falcon
Phil91EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Nashy86

there's a fair few (including 1 or 2 of my own) in here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=837
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Nashy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Yeah broken plenty of clips and bits of plastic from not taking my time with things!

Worse one was fitting the thermos, although it wasnt really being careless but rather doing something up too tight!
I was fitting the sensor into the thermostat housing not really knowing how tight the sensor should be, well ended up doing it just that bit too tight and snapped the sensor clean off the thread! I had to make up a believable story at supercheap to get a replacement for free! It worked so I was happy there! I also had to get a new thermostat housing as there was no possible way of getting the thread out of it!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Yeah broken plenty of clips and bits of plastic from not taking my time with things!
I've done plenty of that! Other careless things, dropping the bonnet with the coolant overflow cap sitting on top of the tank. It left a nice little dint in the bonnet. Also scrubbing hard to get bugs off the bonnet, I scrubbed too hard and put some small creases in it, that can only be seen in some lights. So basically that bonnet is full of dints!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In rush when changing coolant I forgot to fill the block up and put the thermostat and housing all back together.

Started up the car, Took 30min for the thermostat to open then it opens and a few hours later it occurred to me that cold water had just poured on an empty boiling block.

Luckily everything was fine and surprised the head gasket wasn't rooted.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
Phil91EB

Well part 2 of the Garnish's fate happened today
It only had 1 little snap in it and I thought someone still might like it. I had it sitting on the bin when the wind picked up and blew it off and now it's in a dozen pieces.

Thanks for the link Rusty some funny stories in there.
2006 BF Falcon
Phil91EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post