Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Question DVD player Question ?????????????????

bought a few dvd s from overseas which Europe and Uk are region 2 ,Australia is region 4 ?????can i get a dvd player that will do both regions and has anyone had this prob before and their outcomes ?????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club

Last edited by GRNKPR; 17-09-2007 at 08:35 PM.
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Get a cheap $40 dvd player from Aldi, they play anything.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I think Aus is region 4 actually.

Buy the cheapest DVD player you can get. They seem to be less piccy about what they can play. I have seen $40 players play anything and everything, and high quality branded players spit them out.

Failing that, perhaps you can play them on your computer, as there is software that makes your player no register or recognise the regions.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Get a cheap $40 dvd player from Aldi, they play anything.
yeah i had heard that but the old me mate did it and it works ,have you tried it as i have 2 dvd players her and neither will but i want to upgrade the one i have in my cinema room and dont wanna spend twice

cheers ill check it out

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 17-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the DVDs I have bought here are Region 4. Some players you can change the country code I believe. Mine can but it is an old NEC DVD/VCR combo.

As for cheap DVD players it is really hit and miss. My mate has bought two cheapies and they have both stuffed up in a very short period.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I think Aus is region 4 actually.

Buy the cheapest DVD player you can get. They seem to be less piccy about what they can play. I have seen $40 players play anything and everything, and high quality branded players spit them out.

Failing that, perhaps you can play them on your computer, as there is software that makes your player no register or recognise the regions.

oz is 4 typo but i changed it

the cheap ones seem to be the go i had one years ago but x mrs took it and i kept the good stuff only they dont like em

Old 17-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

if you go buy a new dvd player ask the sale stuff if they can take the region off, we i did some work for betta eletrical, if the customer ask them they would take the regioning off, it pretty easy just run a specail dvd though it (this was like 5 years ago but i would say its still the same

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
yeah i had heard that but the old me mate did it and it works ,have you tried it as i have 2 dvd players her and neither will but i want to upgrade the one i have in my cinema room and dont wanna spend twice

cheers ill check it out
I have 4 dvd players round the house, when ever the good ones refuse to play something i put it on the cheap aldi, it always plays, that includes cdr/mpeg that the others reject.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Pioneer make a range of DVD players that are region free. You can pick one up for about $150. They also play SACD.
Old 17-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by asusdragon
if you go buy a new dvd player ask the sale stuff if they can take the region off, we i did some work for betta eletrical, if the customer ask them they would take the regioning off, it pretty easy just run a specail dvd though it (this was like 5 years ago but i would say its still the same

i think you can run a code into them and it does it ,im surfin the net with the model no of my two and seeing what i come up with or if someone is 100 % with a model and brand one that can do it ill buy one straight away !!

Old 17-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a look at one of my DVDs and it was both Region 2 and 4 :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Pioneer make a range of DVD players that are region free. You can pick one up for about $150. They also play SACD.
thanks champ thats what i was after

the ones i have are philips and a toshiba

Old 17-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
3vXT

I've got a really good 5 disc sony that plays everything i've ever thrown at it.
There are codes on the net for making any of them region free, i think.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #14
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

go to www.vcdhelp.com and look for the DVD Hacks link on the left side of the screen. Do a search for your player and more than likely you will find the code and instrctions on how to input the hack. The code should make your player region free. So now you can play any disk from anywhere and you don't have buy a new player
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

theres a program i used to have, it was called dvd region killer or something similar, its logo was a sheep if i remember correctly.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #16
Titus Balzac
Starter Motor

what's brand and model number for you dvd player
Titus Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
theres a program i used to have, it was called dvd region killer or something similar, its logo was a sheep if i remember correctly.
Do you mean clonedvd? it has a sheep.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #18
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Balzac
what's brand and model number for you dvd player

philips dvp3005k im no a1 on all these sites but if any one could find out a link for me

Old 17-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #19
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Do you mean clonedvd? it has a sheep.
thats the one
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #20
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
bought a few dvd s from overseas which Europe and Uk are region 2 ,Australia is region 4 ?????can i get a dvd player that will do both regions and has anyone had this prob before and their outcomes ?????
Are these the ones you got from Amsterdam with the dancers in the window or are they the harder stuff from germany? :ymca:
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #21
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Are these the ones you got from Amsterdam with the dancers in the window or are they the harder stuff from germany? :ymca:

na only clean ones you can get those ones cheap enough here @ home : : :

Old 18-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #22
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

5 seconds on google for the philips dvp3005k:

1) Select the MAIN MENU
2) Select PREFERENCES
3) Type in your REMOTE CONTROL 135566
4)You will see the information of the actual region, using the RIGHT ARROW put 0 in the REGION INFORMATION
Old 18-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #23
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Different wording, same result:

- Press "System Menu" key to enter Set Up menu.
- Move to "Preference Page" using arrow keys to the left or to the right.
- Press the following sequence in the remote control: 135566
- A menu indicating "Region Code" will appear.
- Change region using arrow keys to top or down. Region Code = 0 will play all regions.
- Press "System Menu" key to exit Set Up menu.
Old 18-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #24
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhodak
go to www.vcdhelp.com and look for the DVD Hacks link on the left side of the screen. Do a search for your player and more than likely you will find the code and instrctions on how to input the hack. The code should make your player region free. So now you can play any disk from anywhere and you don't have buy a new player
Mate, your a legend!!
Got 10 DVDs sent to me the other day from the US, and I couldn't play them.
Now my LG DVD recorder plays them, using your link.
Tops!!
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #25
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
Different wording, same result:

- Press "System Menu" key to enter Set Up menu.
- Move to "Preference Page" using arrow keys to the left or to the right.
- Press the following sequence in the remote control: 135566
- A menu indicating "Region Code" will appear.
- Change region using arrow keys to top or down. Region Code = 0 will play all regions.
- Press "System Menu" key to exit Set Up menu.

: : : : buy this man a beer woked fine its good to see the internet being used for good not evil : : :

Old 19-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #26
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
Mate, your a legend!!
Got 10 DVDs sent to me the other day from the US, and I couldn't play them.
Now my LG DVD recorder plays them, using your link.
Tops!!
No sweat, it should also make your DVD player macrovision free. I've been using that site for about 7 years, it has some great resources and How To's
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 06:48 AM   #27
carnutt

About 12 months ago , our Sharp VCR copped a power surge & blew the power supply , so I had a look on "Long bay" , oops eBay , to see what was on there . I came across a DVD/VCR player called "Vision Play" never heard of them before or since .
It was going to cost us $65 to get the Sharp fixed , so I searched Google for "Vision Play" and found nothing . I contacted the seller and he told me they had been removed from a Hotel in Melbourne during a "Refit" and he had 30 of them , said they'd play "Anything" and were "International format" , never heard of that before ? I should have bought the lot, :
At $25 + $12 Del (Inc remote) I thought What the Heck . and bought it , expecting a buggered $37 door stop . It's big enough , 3 x the size of a normal Video .(wil record DVD to Video , but not Video to DVD)

To my surprise , it play's everything with no resetting , local retailer told me "Impossible"......It Play's short & long play , US = NTSC (I think it's called) = PAL system VCR , DVD's = CD's (audio) = Mp3's and 2 AV in slots 1 AV out & arial input/output and 4 extra Audio outputs . No switching , everything is Automatic , including Station programing , you just push "station tune"

It came with a CD in pdf with instructions , but I never even looked at it , supposed to have circuit diagrams on there too (since lost it , bugger , not like me , normally keep everything) . I just plugged it in and The damn thing is clearer on TV/DVD and Video than anything else we've got here .

It's a "really well known brand" Stamped on the back is "Vision Play , made in Indonesia"
carnutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #28
kremmen

I had the same problem.

I couldn't play my USA version of *** Ventura, Crack Detective - so I googled my DVD player and found the region free hack in 2mins.
Old 19-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #29
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get an LG, eject tray, push 0 3 times, push 0 again and hit pause

sony and pana play them automatically i think

dont know about the rest, havent sold them based on regionless playback

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute