Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #91
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Watergate !

Ahhhhhhh...... NO ! you need water to have a watergate !

Seems we have just a "Gate" !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 28-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #92
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
I have never been done by a speed camera, but it's the principle why I hate the things. For someone to get a fine of a few hundred dollars for doing 103 in a 100 zone is very rough, particularly with car speedometers having a 10% margin of error. The speed cameras have also been found to have inaccuracies, the biggest example of this being a woman who proved her Datsun couldn't go anywhere near the speed she was supposedly caught doing. They aren't reliable at all, and it's all about revenue.

I can't say I'm going to miss Bracks. When he was voted in over Kennett, I thought it would be good for the state because Kennett wasn't great either. According to Kennett, the state of Victoria ended at the Melbourne suburbs. While new buildings were popping up all over Melbourne, the country was missing out completely. Coming from the country, I know this first hand. Roads were constantly getting patched up, but were rarely resurfaced. There were patchup jobs on top of patchup jobs. While Bracks has been a little bit better for the country, he still didn't do enough for it. The fact is, I'd like to see the day when a politician comes into power with the general public's welfare being his number 1 priority. As it is now, the number 1 priority is greed.
Ok so for those that didnt like Kennet, I was also from the bush (Western Vic) If Melbourne wasnt on the map for overseas investors do you think they would see Horsham or even Bendigo!! Now seeing what Kennet inherited and what Bracks inherited we all know who had the most money to throw around with a booming housing market, maybe thats why Bracks increased the stamp duty and taxes on housing!! Im definatley not sad to see him and his maybe boyfriend follow him but im really worried whats to replace them. A former failed in debt labour govenments treasurer Mr Brumby, possibly deputy premier a minister that cant get a train to run on time and finally a possible treasurer that cant keep private police files private. Hey but dont worry " Ill LOOK INTO IT"!!!!!
Old 28-07-2007, 01:35 AM   #93
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Lets hope it comes in three's. Bracks, Thwaites and drumroll please............................... Its time to go, COWARD. oops i meant HOWARD.

Here you sit behind a computer screen calling people names and you think he is the coward ! :

Old 28-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #94
rodderz

I'm not into politics but it doesn't seem a characteristic of a polly to quit, let alone 2 on the same day

As for the water issue this should of been addressed 20 years ago, all these new housing estates are popping up with population booms and we are still relying on water catchments that were designed for us 50 or so years ago
Old 28-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #95
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Here you sit behind a computer screen calling people names and you think he is the coward ! :
With good reason too. I aint gonna get into a fight over this. Been there done that on e-series.
Old 28-07-2007, 01:37 AM   #96
robjg33
broady grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Actually when he beat Kennett they didnt...
Its history now but its a commonly held belief that most people only voted for bracks to scare Kennett, not actually oust him.. no one actually wanted bracks in, they just wanted to scare Kennett into going a bit easier....
The problem was too many people actually voted for him but for the wrong reasons...

yes that is why he was elected in 2002 with the highest majority ever :togo:
oh and 2006 3 highest
Old 28-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #97
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg33
oh and 2006 3 highest
Yes Bracks was the "accidental Premier" he wasnt meant to win. But after he won Kennet bowed out of poiltics so really who would vote for Doyle and Ted when you had a Premier throwing cash around and spending beyond OUR means. Thats why we are back in DEBT with so many BROKEN promises.
Old 28-07-2007, 02:04 AM   #98
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Bracks has alot to answer for. His offsider Theo Theonopaulos should resign too. He knows why.
Old 28-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #99
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Bring back Jeff!
No he is too depressed
Please not jeff !!!
Old 28-07-2007, 02:29 AM   #100
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg33
oh and 2006 3 highest

No when he beat Kennet it was an accident as 4 V said. It was the 3 independents that nailed Kennetts coffin which is how close that could have been. See what happened to Russell Savage last election after he sided with Bracks then was with Bracks in stcking the Toxic dump in the food capital of Vic :togo: Atleast during Kennetts time Kennett would decide what needed closing to make a better and richer state (or should I say fix the mess) and pay out reduntant employees, but with Bracksy companies just decide to leave Victoria without incentive, Heinz, Arnotts, Wool Mill, Blunstone, etc
Old 28-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #101
Lumpen Proletariat

Interesting to see if this has been prompted by the 'Or Else' veiled threat made by the Fed's a few days ago against Vic labor for backing out of the Murray Water Scheme ?

Lumpy

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Old 28-07-2007, 04:20 AM   #102
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can we have Jeff back?

We need another mover and shaker who gets in and makes things happen instead of just talking about how good they are and what they are planning.
Old 28-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #103
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
With good reason too. I aint gonna get into a fight over this. Been there done that on e-series.

Ohhhh, you have a good reason, I guess that makes it ok then !

Old 28-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #104
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

John Brumby gone aswell
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 28-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #105
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD SINCE HE WENT INTO PARLIMENT!!!!
WICKEEEED
Old 28-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #106
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
So the people who used the Tulla freeway for the last 25 years for free, were happy to start paying a toll...

The whole of Australia is having water problems blame Brack's for that too and speed camera's gee he has left a very bad legacy..

We always blame the last government for the present day mistakes this is politics.

Politics and religion you can debate this for 1000 years its always a no win situation..
Since them tolls we have not used the tulla, We used to be able to get on it and drive can't remember the street but it was the one you could drive straight to Ford dealers and to the children's hospital in min, Now to miss the toll you need to get off at bell street.. And my brother was involved in a accident in January and we had to get there from his place in hillside, We had 2 options make the trip the long way down ballarat road, Or make a left next to his house and hit the tulla knowing it has tolls but we will have him there faster then the ambulance would take to get him. So after i tried to find out as i have never used tolls before how do i go about paying them etc, Explained my situation to them, They got nasty with me for using it without paying or purchasing a daily pass, I got mad as i explained the situation to them and said for F sake i was in a emergency it's not like i can stop and say hang on i need a e-tag before i run you to emergency :

And water should have been dealt with back as far as 97, It was then the weather was starting to really change to dry, I remember the early 90's football was wet 70% of the time, Come 97 onwards it was so rare to have rain, If they had the eyes on back then or before we might be in a better position now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Mark, Yes it IS a no-win arguement!.... Freeways, tollways, speed-cameras, hoon laws, smoking bans, survailance in every public used area (1984 cum true)
Damn sure either party would be pretty similar! (revenue IS revenue)

However, The water problem is an entirely different issue!... Bracks & Thwaites have had 3 years MINIMUM with being continually briefed, informed, advised., coerced, prompted.. almost BEGGED by experts in water sustainability that the water crisis was just THAT! .. A CRISIS! Head in the sand Bracks , Thwaites, Skinner of Melbourne Water... the lot of em are to blame for NOT heeding the warnings & predictions... Mark my words (no pun intended mate)... Water has been this pairs downfall....
Speed cameras with new technology will always become more frequent and more advanced to the point we don't see them,
We have had tolls for years.
Hoon laws is great if removing your car from under you because you are a tool isn't great then someone will die if they get to confidant, I can think of many cars right now in my area that need to be removed from many drivers.
I love the smoking ban i enjoy my meal without the side order of passive smoking.
Surveillance is everywhere, When we get like the U.S then worry, But with people today and what they get away with surveillance might be the key into getting them, If you really want total privacy it's in the house because step outside and always someone is watching you.

But on water maybe they had something they thought was better? Not for one part but the whole?.
Old 28-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #107
robjg33
broady grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz
Yes Bracks was the "accidental Premier" he wasnt meant to win. But after he won Kennet bowed out of poiltics so really who would vote for Doyle and Ted when you had a Premier throwing cash around and spending beyond OUR means. Thats why we are back in DEBT with so many BROKEN promises.

JGK bowed some 6 months later then came Napthine

id love to know where you get your info from Premier throwing cash around and spending beyond OUR means im sure most people are unhappy to have schools gettingfixed hospitals fixed more police stations price equalisation to country areas on electricity roads being built rail lines reopened the list goes on

how do you over spend and keep a budget surplus for 8 years
oh thats howards gift isnt it
the same howard how cut $350 milion out of the health care agreement
we keep on about the toll road well lets see at the time the money markets were down
drought and bushfires were costing $2 million a day and just for good measure
your mate Jeff sold off the public transport system one of the operaters said here take the keys back and walked away
so what should they have done just said badluck and cripple Melbourne and left some 1200 out of work
i can tell you the choice was made easier when businesses were asked toll it or put it off untill 2015 they were saying we arnt happy but just build it weve been waiting for 30 years
Old 28-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #108
robjg33
broady grown

Quote:
Mate, i totally agree with everything you said. Bloody SPOT ON.

wasnt it howard who said all we can do is pray for rain?
Old 28-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #109
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

What a great day for Victoria!

This was completely unexpected, but very welcome!

Hopefully this throws Labor out for the next election so we can finally get rid of them.
Old 28-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #110
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you are a true believer your leader can do no wrong and the opposition can do no right. You take all comments against your true messiah personally because an attack against (insert bastard here) is an attack against truth justice and all that is warm and fluffy and also an attack against YOU.

You have as much chance of convincing a labor stooge that Bracks was a goose or a Liberal stooge that Howard is a goose as you have of convincing a holden troll that fords are better or a V8 zealot that T6s are better.

I, personally, am not convinced that this happened for "family" or "water" reasons. I suspect that there is something else that has triggered it.

Time will tell. We had the Fitzgerald enquiry after Joh resigned, I wonder what the future holds...........
Old 28-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #111
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
When you are a true believer your leader can do no wrong and the opposition can do no right. You take all comments against your true messiah personally because an attack against (insert bastard here) is an attack against truth justice and all that is warm and fluffy and also an attack against YOU.

You have as much chance of convincing a labor stooge that Bracks was a goose or a Liberal stooge that Howard is a goose as you have of convincing a holden troll that fords are better or a V8 zealot that T6s are better.

I, personally, am not convinced that this happened for "family" or "water" reasons. I suspect that there is something else that has triggered it.

Time will tell. We had the Fitzgerald enquiry after Joh resigned, I wonder what the future holds...........
Still the blind liberal i see.
Old 28-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #112
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Aussie
Still the blind liberal i see.
Quod erat demonstrandum
Old 28-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #113
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Quod erat demonstrandum
Fladeron arfels qeerin perfoto ;)

Latin:P.
Old 28-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #114
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

osserva come abbiamo avuti abbastanza questo siamo ora chiusi

looks like we have had enough this one is now closed

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread