Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #31
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsy109
Ok lets get this right. Thong in Australia is one of a pair of thongs, the things you wear on your feet. It does not and never will mean a g-string in Australia.
depends were your from, i went to Queensland and there 'thongs' are G-strings, were as in SA our 'thong' is a pair of flip flaps ... not that i wear either of the above ... maybe ... but i deffinatly dont wear flip flaps!!!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 24-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmers55
How could someone from Victoria say this.
*werribie*....jk

I agree, unless you are bogan, thongs are for your feet.

Also I think the ruling on no thongs is that you can get your foot stuck in different ways as they are not completely secure.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
Ahh, yeah that's exactly what it means. It's illegal if you are P plater to not display your Ps so technically that makes you a criminal. I don't understand why people don't. I know, cops pick on P platers yada yada. I always dispalyed my P plates and for the first year and a half I owned a lowered V8 XA coupe with a loud exhaust and was pulled over a whole 2 times! And one of those was only because of all the oil smoke it puffed out the exhaust. So there must be more to it than just displaying a couple of red (or green or white depending on state) plates.

Falcon Phill it sounds like you were lucky. Dunno about the laws re the thongs, I think they just frown on wearing unsuitable shoes for driving, it's not illegal I don't think. I thought driving with bare feet was ok.
Definition of a criminal is someone who has been found guilty of a criminal offence. Most driving fines are not criminal offences, just driving offences, except things like culpable driving, causing death etc which do end up as criminal convictions if you're found guilty.

So not displaying P plates does not make anyone a criminal - it is just a fineable offence. Falcon Phill - you should change your name to Lucky Phill!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 24-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #34
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate07
Thongs are '***** slappers'

Singlets are 'wife-beaters'
And I hope you are joking. You should have more respect for women than to make lame jokes like that, else you may find yourself being thong smacked by your butch cell-mate named Cyril.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 24-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #35
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
*werribie*....jk

I agree, unless you are bogan, thongs are for your feet.

Also I think the ruling on no thongs is that you can get your foot stuck in different ways as they are not completely secure.
It's a problem when your feet aren't secure. I hate it when turning left hand corners, and my right foot falls off at the ankle!

But yes, the thong rule is because they can get caught on the pedals etc. As to driving barefoot - who doesn't do that in summer, with their thongs tucked up under the seat? I actually drive with no shoes on long trips - it is far more comfortable, and I have the shoes sitting either under the front seat, or on the floor in the back ready to put on when I need them.

Old 24-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #36
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
depends were your from, i went to Queensland and there 'thongs' are G-strings, were as in SA our 'thong' is a pair of flip flaps ... not that i wear either of the above ... maybe ... but i deffinatly dont wear flip flaps!!!!
Im in SA. Ive never heard of flip flaps!

I used to wear my thongs driving until I got a rather heavy Textralia clutch and with a previously badly broken left foot which never healed, I must wear proper shoes.

: Cobra :
Old 24-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #37
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

haha im not saying we call them flip flaps .. we call them thongs ... i was just saying it so i didnt confuse every1, and i dont know another name for them besides flip flops and thongs lolz! or thongs = bogan footware ... haha
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 24-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #38
mecka
Banned

stuff da cops, hassling p platers, its true, thats why i never go out anymore, i havnt gone out in over 3 months, theres no point, you loose at least 2 hours a night with the gronks, whenever we go out to have a good time, you get pulled over at least 4 times a night because (your middle-eastern or european looking) you have a P Plate, you have a done up car or a classy car (my mercedes) and just coz of all of that above they think your a pot head and with their little "standard procedure full search" they can come and s*** my D1** thats why im allways a ********/smarta55 to cops coz thats all they do just pick on "WOGS" and think were pot heads/drug dealers, and act like lil smartarses with misjudgement, i better stop now or theres gunna be a war on this thread and ill get banned so thats it, btw you cant wear thongs because they flip flop off your foot and can get stuck and press the accelerator lol, and btw im european not middle eastern incase you were wondering.....
Old 24-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #39
mecka
Banned

not that i have anything against middle eastern people.....
Old 24-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #40
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

^^^ i second that ... wogs in nice cars get done all the tyme ... and when im in my parents car i get asked if its mine, and if i have permission to drive it, implying that i stole it ... or they ask, do you have any drugs in ur car ... i mean what do they expect me to say, "yeah officer, u want some?" ... i was pulled over 5 times in the 12months i was on my P's for, twice in my car, twice in my mums, and once in my cousins ... and i wasn't doing anything illegal or stupid, i was leaving my brothers skool carpark, and the other times was driving down the road ...

now im on my P2'z (2nd provisional lisence stage in SA were u dont have to display your P-plates) i havent been pulled over in those 6 months once, and ive been driving hotter cars than i was before ...

i dont hate police, i just find that they like to pick on P-platers and those in hot/fancy cars, especially if they look like they are of European decent ... and this doesnt only happen to me, but to all of my cousinsm and friends .. and none of us are insane stupid drivers!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 24-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #41
sheldzzz
sheldzzz

wearing thongs driving as aposed to shoes can increase your PB due to the weight factor.

Old 24-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #42
mecka
Banned

i admit im a fcucked driver why, because ill do anything to break the law, to pick on police, and everysingle time knock on wood ive gotten away with it, if they can pick on us why shouldnt we pick on them, whenever i get pulled over the officer comes to my window i open it and say, " now office did you pull me over because A. im too good looking, B, im a wog, C i have p plates, or D. because im driving a merc and im wog and you think the only way i could afford this car is to dole bludge and deal ? " lol.....
Old 24-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #43
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

^^ lmao ... class
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 24-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #44
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecka
i admit im a fcucked driver why, because ill do anything to break the law, to pick on police, and everysingle time knock on wood ive gotten away with it, if they can pick on us why shouldnt we pick on them, whenever i get pulled over the officer comes to my window i open it and say, " now office did you pull me over because A. im too good looking, B, im a wog, C i have p plates, or D. because im driving a merc and im wog and you think the only way i could afford this car is to dole bludge and deal ? " lol.....
No wonder you get pulled over. Your an idiot.
Old 24-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #45
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

truee ... u kinda doo ask for it ... haha ... but still leave them speachless for a reply and ur alright haha
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 24-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #46
xrgt
Big Motor Top Loader!!

Quote:
Mate, with your attitude, i'd fine you for everything possible! It's guys like you that give WOGS a bad name.
Old 24-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #47
mecka
Banned

i only started being a fcucked up drive coz the cops used to pull me over anyways with no reason so i might as well give the m0therfcuckers a reason, true or not ? a nversace "HI 5" lol ohh and btw whoever thinks im a idiot, look at your self "cough" falconphil "cough" go rust in your garage buddy, you dont know me so dont call me a idiot.....
Old 24-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #48
mecka
Banned

nah mate, im just standing up for the wogs, i dont sit there like a ***** and let the ****ers **** us all over, **** you xrgt and your cops, **** lil pig lover, people like you need 1 think, a bullet in the head, i can assist if you like.....
Old 24-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #49
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
i only started being a fcucked up drive coz the cops used to pull me over anyways with no reason so i might as well give the m0therfcuckers a reason, true or not ? a nversace "HI 5" lol ohh and btw whoever thinks im a idiot, look at your self "cough" falconphil "cough" go rust in your garage buddy, you dont know me so dont call me a idiot.....
If your like this on a forum why would I want to know you? Keep bypassing the swear filter, see what happens.
Old 24-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #50
mecka
Banned

yah what happends ? im like this on the forum coz lil aussies like you think your mad ****s, fcuck all dis im off bye mods cancel my membership.....
Old 24-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #51
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
yah what happends ? im like this on the forum coz lil aussies like you think your mad ****s, fcuck all dis im off bye mods cancel my membership.....
I'm happy to cancel you're right to post here tool.
Closed Thread