Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #61
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
LOL.. if only there was a keyboard available for it!
Lol... I sometimes post from the Wii as well.

I just downloaded the new version of the Internet channel on Wii, and it is easier to type now, and has buttons for 'www' and '.com' etc...

If you haven't downloaded it yet, I think it is free until July or something.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #62
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-chops
I'm not a big fan of sony's products, but for me, its still the PS3... I will get a new TV at the same time too to make full use of the HD capability.

I don't play alot of games, so I will only own 2 games for the system.

Gran Turismo 5
Grand Theft Auto 4

Thats it... thats all I will play. Having said that, I will spend thousands of hours completeing these games.

I only bought my PS2 to play Gran Turismo 4 and GTA San Andreas. I have ended up with 94% completion of GT4. Couple of races I just can't win.

I hope my Driving Force steering wheel will be compatible with the PS3. Anyone have the low-down on that?
Geeze, you'd spend thousands of dollars for two games?
:
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #63
XRchic
Hello

Hmmmm. My kids have been wanting these.... cant make up my mind from whats on here.... perhaps just best to get both, and a new tv as well....

Thinking...

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #64
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hmmmm. My kids have been wanting these.... cant make up my mind from whats on here.... perhaps just best to get both, and a new tv as well....

Thinking...
How old are the kids ?

Previous Falcons:
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

Old 10-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #65
otobuilder

WII is not for kids, they will make holes in ur tv or wall or door etc. Do a search using google on wII damage tv and you will see many more other damage caused by it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #66
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobuilder
WII is not for kids, they will make holes in ur tv or wall or door etc. Do a search using google on wII damage tv and you will see many more other damage caused by it.
Go here: www.wiihaveaproblem.com
Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #67
FoxMulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
if they had a USB host, divx/xvid/mpeg4/mp3 playback i may look at one.
The PS3 has the ability to playback those formats, utilizing Linux. I would say that the PS3 is going to end up being the better console, as there is more stuff that they can do with it. (The developers of the new GTA don't quite like the 360 atm as there is no guaranteed Hard Drive, not to mention the lack of storage space on the DL disks).

Not to mention the fact that the PS3 is supposed to be able to connect up to 9 controllers at the same time. Also the Hard drive is replaceable. Just remove it from the case and plug in a new laptop HD.

The only thing that is stopping me from getting the PS3 atm is the price. I currently have a 360 and a wii and they are great consoles, but they just don't have the functionality of the PS3.

Also if you are really into racing games, then the PS3 has something that the 360 doesn't (besides Gran Turismo): Logitech G25 support!
Not all games are going to be able to utilize the full functionality of the wheel, but at the moment Gran Turismo HD does make use of it (including the 6 shifter). To me that is a major plus in favor of the PS3. I currently only have the Driving Force Pro (I got it with GT4) and cannot justify the price of the G25 for use with a couple of PC games. Besides I have the MC2 racing wheel that was released for the 360, and am quite disappointed with it, (then again I am comparing it with the DFP) and the microsoft wheel doesn't look any better.

As for the Blu-Ray functionality, I have the HD-DVD addon for the 360 and can definately see an improvement in the quality of the picture. Not to mention the types of special features possible with both formats (look at the special features for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift for a great example). I would love to be able to play Blu-Ray disks as there are a few BR only movies that I want to see (i.e. Xmen 3).
Besides there are probably a few people trying to make the HD-DVD addon work with the PS3, which would end up making it a multiformat player. (I don't know why sony doesn't make their own driver for it. It would help make the PS3 more attractive to prospective buyers).
FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #68
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get an XBox 360 Elite (and a Wii !!). Forget the PS3.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #69
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder
Also if you are really into racing games, then the PS3 has something that the 360 doesn't (besides Gran Turismo): Logitech G25 support!
That's the saddest part for me. I have a G25 but I loathe Gran Turismo. It's about 40 minutes until Forza 2 demo should be available for download on Xbox Marketplace but I can't use my sweet wheel. :(
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #70
gozza

did you say demo.......ive got my forza 2 pre ordered...having been hanging off this for 6 months
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #71
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
did you say demo.......ive got my forza 2 pre ordered...having been hanging off this for 6 months
I sure did. I've got it installed on my 360 now. Cars feel fantastic and you get about 20 cars to choose from to race (but only) on one track. Graphics are nice but have lots of jaggies. Eagerly looking forward to the final release. Lots of xbox live fun to be had!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #72
gozza

awesome...ive read the physics engine is bar to none to date...jaggies meh.....my xbox live is habit killah ....maybe we will race one day hehe
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #73
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

uggh i read the first few posts and can't believe the ignorance of some people.

anyway.

i bought a 360 about a week ago becuase i wanted Gears of War.
i play it on my monitor, the graphics are quite impressive.

the PS3 seems to be a better unit in the way that it comes with some extras as standard that you have to purchase for the 360.

in terms of "PS3 craps on 360" or vice verca... absolute rubbish.
anyone who has used game console for the past 10 years would know that system specs don't mean *** all when it comes to quality of games.
both are quite good, I might purchase a PS3 later on for Gran Turismo 5.

but at the moment, 360 seems better value.

the advantage of PS3 though is that the games are region free,
so you can import U.S games which aren't yet available in AUS.

don't let anything but the GAMES decide your purchase.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #74
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just bought a cheap ps2. cheap console with lots of games already available. i'll wait till there are lots more games out before deciding about ps3 or xbox. i need lots of variety
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #75
Franky
Bring back the Phase

It's really simple actually, both are brillant consoles and both are worth the dosh but instead of listening to fan boys ruining a good debate listen to logic.

If you like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Singstar and other 'Playstation only' titles then get a PS3

If you like Halo, Gears of War, Forza ect get a 360

Both consoles with play games like GTA5, Splinter Cell, Call of Duty, Command and Conqueror, guitar hero, oblivion ect.

Really graphically you won't be able to tell the difference unless you have both running side by side, both look brilliant in HD and both play newer dvds (the 360 w/extra drive). You won't be disappointed with either

don't get me started on the Wii either, unless you're under 5 you'll get bored with the titles very quickly.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #76
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Also forgot to note, the extra $500 you pay over the 360 you're getting a blu-ray dvd player, for some people thats good value, if you don't need it then it's probably not worth the extra. Take into account you need a HD TV for the Blu-ray to be of any use and that movies are retailing for around $40-$50. They will eventually come down but it's a lot of money
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #77
F6T
Has V8 envy

I am up for a ps3, but I have heard that sony posted a 63% drop in profits due to the expense of having to launch the ps3 in addition to a recall of over 1.2 million laptop batteries or something. they are in a bit of strife and it looks like we can expect a price drop in the console as one possible answer. will wait and see!

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #78
AussieJason

The PS3 launch has been less than spectacular for Sony, resulting in the "retirement" of the executive behind the PSOne, PS2 and PS3. Sony are also losing their exclusives, with once PlayStation only games coming out on the Wii and 360.

The PS3 isn't a bad console by any means, it just isn't worth $999. It's not worth it even with Blu-Ray, as even Sony have admitted it is only a middle of the range Blu-Ray player.

I'll stick to my Wii, PS2 and Nintendo DS for a while yet.

Previous Falcons:
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

Old 20-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #79
Cheap AU
Column Shiftin'

i got a ps3 and i think its really behind the 8 ball so to speak atm...

ridiculously high price, launching it a year after 360, and very limitied amount of games is what is the beginning of the end for Playstation.

I believe the graphics are better but also long loading sequences ****es me off
Cheap AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #80
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap AU
i got a ps3 and i think its really behind the 8 ball so to speak atm...

ridiculously high price, launching it a year after 360, and very limitied amount of games is what is the beginning of the end for Playstation.

I believe the graphics are better but also long loading sequences ****es me off
I'd be only too happy to swap you my 360 for your PS3!
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #81
matt-chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Geeze, you'd spend thousands of dollars for two games?
:
Yeh... pretty much. It is thousands of hours of fun though. If you did a cost analysis on it taking into account the cost of the console, games, power consumption, tv and other miscellaneous it would work out at less than one dollar for each hours worth of entertainment. Thats like 4% of the cost of seeing a movie (movie ticket and snacks $25) or 8.34% of the cost of driving your car (based on driving at 100kph, with 10l/100km economy and fuel at 120c/L).

Besides, I've spent more money on more ridiculous things than that. You know, things like SEEING A MOVIE OR DRIVING A CAR!

Who's wierd now? :
matt-chops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post