Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
akluck87
Starter Motor

Default AU series III Fairmont Ghia

Gday there, I am andrew, I have just joined this forum and I have made a purchase of a beautiful, AU Series III Fairmont Ghia 2002 model. This is in seriously MINT condition, it comes with all the trimmings, except for a sunroof, chrome door handles, full leather trim, limited edition alloy wheels, and all on an original 95,000 kilometres. Liquid Silver is the colour.

I traded my old heap of crap A "1996 Holden Berlina VSII" I got a reasonable trade on it and I am very happy.

I will post pics on Saturday, that is when I pick it up from the dealer. Owned by a company at the Gold Coast, and the leather is in mint condition, not a tear, crack or wear in it at all. Alloys are in perfect condition.

My questions are, as well as introducing myself.

1. Was full leather trim a standard thing or would it have been specially factory ordered?

2. Was the Tickford enhanced VCT engine a standard feature or would it be a factory option?

3. Was the "ghia" centre capped alloys standard or was it special?

Thanks for your replies and it will be great to talk to you all in the future.

akluck87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All standard on a AU3 Ghia I believe, and welcome to the club, sounds like a beautiful car, and a lovely platform to do some mods if you're that way inclined... If you're not, hang around here long enough and you will be. When I bought mine I wasn't going to do anything to it at all. The lasted about 3 weeks Cheers, Matt.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 03:03 AM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds nice welcome to the world of the AU I agree with Matt we all say "this car is Gr8 and no need to mod it" but we all seem to get the bug and the cash leaks from our wallets. feel free to ask anything you want the only stupid question is the one you don't ask Enjoy your AU:eclipsee_
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Welcome Andrew!

Looking forward to the pics!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
groops

These were all standard from the AU1. Dad had one...traded it for a Monaro about 1 month before I was looking for a new FORD...damn I wish I wrote my Galant off earlier...Hot car mate. The Rim style changed through the AU 1-2-3 range. The Ghia rims in series 1 became the standard Fairmont rims (pain in the a$$ to clean) and the ghia got an upgrade. Enjoy your new toy.

Mike
groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #6
Jimbo T
Starter Motor

G'day, I'm a newie. I have a really nice EF Fairmont Wagon and it's immaculate, XR8 wheels, white with tinted windows and still going strong but I'm gettin' itchy for an upgrade and would love to get into a BA series Fairmont Wagon but found out that after the AU III they don't make 'em. The best you can do is a Futura which is pretty much an XT with P/Windows in the front and Alloys.....big deal.

So the only way I can get my Fairmont interior....(I love all those creature comforts) is to go for a Territory TS, all i'd need is a 2WD, or a AU III Fairmont wagon.

Can anybody help me find a good source to find one of these animals? I've tried all the Carpoint, CarSales.coms, trading Post Drive.com etc and theres not many around. I found an absolute Ripper,White (it has to be white) 16" alloys the right price but it's got a 5 LTR V8 in it.

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated

Jimbo
Jimbo T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
nikos
mezzo forte

Quote:
but it's got a 5 LTR V8 in it
Whaddya mean BUT?!?
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post