Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
TTE50
T3 TE50 Standard

Default Engine Vibration @ 2000RPM

Help Please.
I have just had my car in at ford to try and find an engine vibration problem. It is a AUIII TE50 with only 53000km on the clock. The vibation starts when the revs are at 2000 they then die off @ about 2500-3000. The dealership have pretty well check evrything they can without pulling the engine out. They replaced the Harmonic balancer then put the old one back on as they were told the engine get's balanced with the flywheel and the balancer attached. Any ideas on who to talk to or other things to check would be much appreciated.

TTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTE50
Help Please.
I have just had my car in at ford to try and find an engine vibration problem. It is a AUIII TE50 with only 53000km on the clock. The vibation starts when the revs are at 2000 they then die off @ about 2500-3000. The dealership have pretty well check evrything they can without pulling the engine out. They replaced the Harmonic balancer then put the old one back on as they were told the engine get's balanced with the flywheel and the balancer attached. Any ideas on who to talk to or other things to check would be much appreciated.
Don't want to alarm you mate but there have been cases of T3's not being tunnel bored straight and therefore flogging out main bearings.

Might want to check crankshaft clearances!!
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Tickford Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
TTE50
T3 TE50 Standard

What would be the cost of getting something like that fixed in the Brisbane area. Would it be best to let ford do it or take it outside to get done.

Thanks
Old 19-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

Quote:
What would be the cost of getting something like that fixed in the Brisbane area. Would it be best to let ford do it or take it outside to get done.

Thanks
If that was found to be the problem. Being NSW I'm not the right person to give advise on who's right person in Qld.

Is the car still under warrenty?
Old 19-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
TTE50
T3 TE50 Standard

Not sure the salesman from where we got it is on holidays. But I am sure we went for a five year extended warranty program. Would ford have records about that or just the dealership were we got it from.
Old 19-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

Quote:
Not sure the salesman from where we got it is on holidays. But I am sure we went for a five year extended warranty program. Would ford have records about that or just the dealership were we got it from.
My TS50 has extended warranty till 2008 or 160000km. Its called Ford Solutions. Good luck with warranty claim. They will try and blind side you.

I would check with salesman first to confirm the warranty exists firstly.