Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
I was sent a letter for a pre approved card with a limit of $50,000 when i was 19 years old. How did they get my details and why does a 19 year old need a 50k credit card? (p.s why does a 19 year old NEED not WANT!!!)
I find it hard to believe that ANY CC company will send a pre approved limit that high. The letter might have said pre approved up to $50k, but no one is going to say "Sign here and the $50k is yours",
Did you call them and ask how they got your details, if not why not, I would have done.
Old 17-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #32
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was definitely pre approved. Just sign at the bottom and she is all yours. Everyone at work got one at the same time. We had a conspiracy theory that our union was selling their mailing list. Who better to give a credit card to than a bunch of factory workers?
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #33
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_phoon
been with Amex for years....never had a problem...still one of the best points accumulation programs that get chucked on my FF. I use internet banking to pay credit card bills, particularly when overseas so never have problems with overdue accounts.
The Amex DEBIT card always has to be paid off at the end of the month or you pay heaps of interest. Amex (blue?) is the credit card, same as all the others.
Someone dug up this thread.

but yes,it was a blue card and it was for a small amount like $20 if memory serves me correctly.

He has a gold card which is mainly for overseas business as it has a unlimited limit and every hotel chain accepts it and also incase he has to go to hospital for some reason.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #34
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs_ls1
I've had an AmEx card for quite some time now. Never had a problem.

The due date for payment on their statements is normally 4 weeks after they post it. As long as you pay the minimum (which is normally just 3% of the balance), they don't care. It isn't their fault that your Dad doesn't read his mail.

Also, they provide 24 hour access to your account over the internet. This is accessible from anywhere in the world. Many hotels provide free (or at least very cheap) internet access. I had no problem checking balances and making payments at all while overseas. It isn't their fault that your Dad is out of touch in the digital age.

Did I mention that I have only ever been knocked back a handful of times in almost 10 years? It was even accepted in shitty backwater towns in southern Europe. No problems at all. It is the best credit card I have.
Thats not the problem,old man has great eyes and can read his mail,the problem was $120 late fee for not paying something like $20.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
Old 17-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #35
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
The main things to remember about writing complaint letters is to a) make sure they go to the right place (ie right department) and b) make sure it is professional. If it looks like a child wrote it, they will just laugh and bin it.

If you want a hand with the letter, PM me and I can have a look over the next few days...

Jac
It got to the right place dont worry.

They were'nt cancelling the card,the old man was.

thanks for the offer but it was sent about 6 months ago,.