Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
bscampbell

Unhappy Look what they did to our car!

Took the wagon back to our local Ford dealer to have a bodged up door seal job redone, and the drivers door locking actuator replaced...

Didn't think it would come back looking like this!

They said that the senior technician took it next door to have the door seal done. The door had to stay ajar (to the first lock apparently) until the glue dried. He drove it back (not on the road), went over a bump, the door swung open and whacked a gate!

They rang to say what had happened, and I remained calm...
When I arrived it was worse than I had imagined, particularly where it had hit...I remained calm!
They will pay for repairs and we will be getting a car to use while ours is out of action.

How else can I make 'em pay (unfortunately typed words cannot provide the tone this is said in (based on the posts below)...this is moreso in jest and I know they are doing all that is possible, but if there is something else I don't know about that they should or could do, then please let me know).

Do you think this is repairable, or will it require a new skin?
I'll post more detailed photo's if needed to answer this.

2009 VW Caravelle

Last edited by bscampbell; 06-02-2007 at 08:26 PM.
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Tommo224
Resident Useless Guy!

all i can think is just let them fix up the door and replace it.. and that be it.. atleast they called you up and said theyd fix it up for you with no extra hassles or dramas, and they are giving you a car to use...
Old 06-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
XAGSV8
Member 178

Not good to see that happen but they took responsibility and seem to be correcting the problem with little inconveniance for yourself. As long as it is repaired properly I don't think they should have to do much else then what they are doing. Accidents do happen. The door looks repairable to me with no new skin but more detailed photos may tell a different story.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
BA_BOSS

Have to agree with the others here, they came clean, called you, will repair the damage and give you a loan car.

Inconvienient I know, but not a lot else you could do I would imagine unless you can prove some sort of loss to you.

Just ensure that when you get you car back that there is absolutely no trace or hint that the damage ever occurred.
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

What more do you expect to get out of it?
They are going to fix it, and are going to give you a car to use while it's getting done to cover the inconveniance.

If you are worried about them doing a bodgie job with bog, request your own preferred repairer to do the job, other than that what more could you possibly want?
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy repair, it's a nice accessable area (door handle & closer mechanism removed), piece of cake. An unfortunate accident, could have been much worse. Couldn't hurt to ask for a reduced (future) service cost as some sort of inconvienience compensation though! :
Old 06-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscampbell
Took the wagon back to our local Ford dealer to have a bodged up door seal job redone, and the drivers door locking actuator replaced...

Didn't think it would come back looking like this!

They said that the senior technician took it next door to have the door seal done. The door had to stay ajar (to the first lock apparently) until the glue dried. He drove it back (not on the road), went over a bump, the door swung open and whacked a gate!

They rang to say what had happened, and I remained calm...
When I arrived it was worse than I had imagined, particularly where it had hit...I remained calm!
They will pay for repairs and we will be getting a car to use while ours is out of action.

Do you think this is repairable, or will it require a new skin?
I'll post more detailed photo's if needed to answer this.
Repair it take 1/3 - 3/4 hr *bog it up* j/k
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

yup....as above......at least they've notified you and are going to repair and give you a loaner.....

when i had just bought my XF ute from a yard, it had to go back for some minor repair work (lpg wiring).

when i picked it up it ahd a light crease in the rear quarter........they said they never did it but i know damn well they did........demanded them repair it.......so they got the paintless dent repair place around.....

just shows sometimes they dont fess up......

they could have tried to cover up by finding a door at a wreckers and just putting it on, but they havent
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #9
XAGSV8
Member 178

Just take a fridge magnet with you when you pick it up.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
Skotty
Banned

why? bog isn't too bad if used correctly and don't go over kill. but being a car yard they will probably just use polyester filler lol
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Stop being such a drama, queen! its not like they are trying to get out of it , they have already told you they will cover the repairs and a loaner car ! They will have a panel shop do the job Im sure and that will be the end of it ! Just make sure you take before and after pics and make sure the work has warranty! No need to look for more ways to make a dollar , you just make your self look like a gready Pkelly !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Stop being such a drama, queen! its not like they are trying to get out of it , they have already told you they will cover the repairs and a loaner car ! They will have a panel shop do the job Im sure and that will be the end of it ! Just make sure you take before and after pics and make sure the work has warranty! No need to look for more ways to make a dollar , you just make your self look like a gready Pkelly !
yeah no one likes a p.rick kelly. why on earth was p.rick censored? we used to be able to type it but ever since the lowndes incident we cant type it anymore. anyway back on topic don't be greedy they will fix it and they gave you a loaner car. atleast they told you.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #13
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

My brand new Pursuit was in getting exhaust mods, when some dipstick delivery drivers truck door flew open in the wind and collected the pursuit's quarter panel out in the carpark after exhaust had been done.. Owner of the business rang me, apologising profusely and told me to take my ute to a very well respected panelshop & all would be looked after.
The professionalism and genuine care made to put it all back right, by both the panelshop & the "exhaust fitter" was amazing.
Even though only 5000ks old, entire ute was cut, polished and detailed after the repair.
It honestly came back better than original! All factory "orange peel" gone!
I know the feeling of initial anger that your pride & joy has been "violated", but Accidents DO happen, and if dealer has been upfront as it sounds, what more can you ask?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #14
bscampbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Stop being such a drama, queen!
Wow...I'm really disappointed in some of the responses here.

I just posted to say what had happened and to ask if there is anything else they could or should do. I'm certainly not out to make 'extra dollars' from it.

I've never been in this situation, and I could safely assume most of you haven't either, so I don't know, which is why I asked for such advice!

2009 VW Caravelle
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least they admitted it. My ford dealer ****** my car and denied all responsibility.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
FORD EB 4.0

If its any consolation the damage appears to be restricted to the door alone, I would tell them to shove any repairs using bog you know where! I would be demanding a new panel proffesionaly sprayed. Bugger them! don't settle for anything less than when they managed to stuff your car up.
FORD EB 4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #17
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I don't think you are a drama queen either. Having had a similar experience about 25 years ago years ago just see if they will also document (letter of acknowledgement to you) the incident and give a warranty for the repair.

In my case where on a test drive the had a head on with a gate they thought was open the related panel repairs to my LC Lancer bonnet with arrow decals were done very poorly (initially put in the wrong place then redone by an obviously aggro painter) with the result that after 18 months the paint crazed, faded and cracked and the decals started peeling off. As the painter didn't want to know me, I had no documentation and the dealer involved had a major change in staff and noone could remember the incident I was stuck with the cost of doing it again -$500 for the arrow decal alone).