Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #31
XRchic
Hello

That is so sad. I am very upset reading that. I hate losing my pets. I hope you and your family have heaps of pics, and have lots of good memories that you can think about over time.

I remember when I lost my first pet, a cat called Bindi. She was 11, and I came home from school and she wasnt where she always was, waiting for me. I went looking for her and ended up finding her in our neighbours car port. She had been run over in their carpart, presumably as they reversed out to go to work in the morning. I got a shovel, scraped her up and buried her up the back before my parents and brother got home. My Mum and brother have mental disabilities and they wouldnt have dealt well with seeing her like that. I was heartbroken. Especially when our neighbour came over that evening to ask about the blood in the carport, and when he laughed when he found out that he ran over our cat.

We got two kittens a few months later, and they lived to 10. The big healthy one ended up with stomach cancer and was in a lot of pain and I had to take him to get put down on my 28th birthday, as my parents couldnt face it. His smaller brother pined very badly and died a week later, pretty much out of exhaustion from trying to find his brother.

We now have a gorgous cat, Evan. He is so good and he even lets the baby pull his tail etc, and just sits there. Im not looking forward to when he goes.

Anyone who loses a pet, its like a family member dying.

Speaking of animals, and a bit off topic, our workplace each year does a pet food drive for the Animal Welfare League at Christmas time, to help them cope with the masses of abandoned cats and dogs who were given as gifts over this time, and who are not wanted. The man from the AWL came to get the food on 22nd December. He collected 300kg of petfood that had been donated, our biggest ever collection.

However, he said thank you so much, etc, but that the 300kg would probably last only a few days, since there were so many. They said they are in desperate need of puppy and kitten food in particular! He said they put down so many little ones.

It is so sad. So if you lose a pet, perhaps think about adopting a new family member from somewhere like that or the RSPCA. A potential family member who is in desperate need of a home, so that they can avoid being put down. These animals are usually wormed, vaccinated and often desexed and dont cost much at all.

It is just a thought, and it may be a way of honouring the memory of our pets who have passed on, by allowing another to live. Our cat Evan was an abandonded kitten. He is gorgeous and we love him.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #32
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I am sad to hear that mate, all the best, It really bought back my cat passing away about a year ago, I still grieve for her.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #33
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Brother in Law has a Rottie who is 11 yo now ... and on his last legs by the looks of it ... has a hard time getting up and looks like there is a growth on his chest now ... has had a good life though. I don't think he could handle having to put him down.
my rottie developed a lump on his front leg, the vet took xrays and he had cancer that went from the lump through to his chest and lungs. he was given 6 weeks to live but it was 2years before the vet said he was in pain and it was time to put him to sleep. i think that was about the hardest decision i have ever made. gtfpv. i realy feel for you and your family and i know what you mean about feeling guilty, i had to muzzle ande cuddle czar while it was being done (vet came to our house) angry old dog was going to take the vet with him. it was just as hard telling my daughter. we got the dog when she was one year old and she was 12 when he died.

Last edited by gregxr8; 06-01-2007 at 12:05 AM.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #34
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is a sad thread :(
i just went to give my 2 a hug. missus has been reading this & is crying
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #35
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im sorry to hear about everyones bad news with there pets. i wish they could live forever. anyone who says that dogs and cats don't have feelings are kidding themselves. they still get lonely, angry, sad, happy etc. my rottie is 5 and half and he is going along fine but everyday i work late i think about how my dog was probably bored. i feel sorry for him because he will prob live 10 to 14 years and i wanna make those short years the best years he could have.

about the sheperd digging, it got me thinking. maybe early humans got the idea of burying the dead from observing animals? either way dogs do have that extra sence.
i just wanna wish everyone goodluck with their pets and my condolenses to people who have to watch their pets go through so much pain.

please everyone don't neglect your pets. if your after a new pet then do what xrchic suggested and think about adopting a pet from the rspca. these dogs are not there because they are bad, they are there because people neglected them or couldnt look after them. give them a home, they deserve it. when i move out im taking my dog and when he does pass :( then my next pet will be from the rspca.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #36
XRCISM
Speed Demon

This thread sure is a sad one. Pets are like family members - ours is treated like a spoilt child!! He has been poisoned with snail bait twice where we used to live and actually died on the vets floor the second time ..... one minute he was trying to throw up and the next he fell onto his side and stopped breathing. I was balling my eyes out as the vet was listening for a heart beat and saying there was none. My hubby was holding his head and calling his name. The nurse brought in an adrenalin shot and they gave him it in the arm ... still nothing. Then they gave him another one straight up the bum?? After about a minute the vet detected a heart beat and after a few days at the vets he came home. I'm looking at him now as I type this - he is old and lazy and just sitting on his pet bed ...... can't imagine that bed being empty :(

PS - he was adopted from the local RSPCA and I highly recommend saving one of these dogs instead of paying inflated prices at pet shops!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #37
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hats off to you and your family gtfpv for having the guts to stay with your dog to the end.
Many don't.
Nothing can take away the good memories.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #38
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCISM
PS - he was adopted from the local RSPCA and I highly recommend saving one of these dogs instead of paying inflated prices at pet shops!!
i agree. i have a 10yr old pure red nose pit bull and while i did'nt get him from a shelter we did rescue him in a way. he was 3months old when i got him and had been abused and bashed since he was 6weeks old. two heroin addicts that lived in the unit next to my niece had him and his brother, when we took them the scumbags had'nt been home to give the dogs food or water for a week because the police were looking for the boyfriend, so we took them i kept rox and gave the other one to a mate. (and no i didnt steal them because the boyfriend turned up as i was putting them in the car but did'nt take up my offer of letting him try to take them back). rox has been spoilt rotten from that day and he is one of the happiest loving dogs you could find. and he is proof its not the breed its the owners, he does'nt show agression to other dogs or even cats he wants to be friends with everything.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #39
EDXRSW

well i must say this is the saddest topic i have read about on here.
i feel for all of you that have had to make that decision to put you belovered pets down.It is and will be one of the hardest things i will have to do,right now as i wright this i can hear my 7 yr old son playing with our pets and the day that one of them go's will crush him, my staffie which i have had for over 10 yrs is my best friend and i get sad just thinking about not having her at the back door waiting for me.My thoughts go out to all of you that have lost or have sick pets.
EDXRSW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #40
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

man, that sucks, but i know how ya feel
on xmas day 06 at about 11pm
i was sitting right here, and my 5 y.o Lab got out and i didnt know, next thing i hear is a thump and a yelp, so i run outside, and heres my Kane crawling into the table drain, blood everywhere and tail lights in the distance, all he did was stare at me and try to get up, as i didnt want to see him suffer any longer so i had to get out the .22 and end his suffering, it was so hard having to squeeze the trigger, but it had to be done. carrying him down our driveway was the hardest part, and burying him. i still have the .22 shell, and whenever i look at it i get sad, but it reminds me how precious life is, for all people and pets.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 AM   #41
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

our 2 are 1 & 2 years old respectively respectively. i hope we have at least 15 years from both of them!
our female was from the rspca. she had been abused i think cos when you yell or talk loudly she runs away with her tail in between her legs. but she is the best natured dog I have ever had. yeah it cost us $220 but saving her life is worth every cent.
so for those of you thinking to get a 4 legged friend, consider the ones at the rspca
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #42
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about your dog

i have heard about it in the past

i used to a a female pure breed german shepard and the breeder told me about it but i never saw it happen

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #43
Aeron
DJR Fan

Sorry to hear mate. I had to have my little dog put down. He was my best mate. Its such a hard decision to make. But you did the right thing. Remember that.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

thanks guys . reading other peoples stories makes me feel ( not alone in my greiving) as others go through it too . i guess its just part of life.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #45
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Especially when our neighbour came over that evening to ask about the blood in the carport, and when he laughed when he found out that he ran over our cat.

Jac
He thought it was funny???
What a tool, I'd have found it so hard not to smack him in the mouth :
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #46
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T
He thought it was funny???
What a tool, I'd have found it so hard not to smack him in the mouth :
Yeah he did. He just started laughing and put his hand over his mouth to try and stop. My Mum didnt deal with that well at all.

I couldnt laugh at someone who had lost a pet, let alone if I had done it.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post