Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #91
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Good to see you got it sorted.. $1300.00 is a good price for a whole raptor 90. (OMFG did they realy fly this size in the back yard.. a broken blade would take ya head off) But if all they damaged was tail rotor and a bit of plastic it would only be $150.00. Thats including all new tail shafts (because they spin at about 10,000rpm) and a new main shaft just incase...

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #92
shockbf
i love dicken's cidar

mate i am dead serious about the whole scenario. my mate has a clip on hes camera ill try to get it on youtube or something, i was ****ed off at the start with the whole thing,but i dunno i am sorta sad its stopped now. back to boring old narre warren.

yeah and superpersuit83 this thing wasnt small. i have seen tiny r/c's befor and there like little mozzies. but i was really concerned about my safety of me and my dogs. (i am still worried about the safety of my dogs.)
shockbf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #93
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

air raid balloons WWII style. Tie a s**t load of helium balloons off just inside your fence with fishing wire.
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #94
StookEB

Just give the RSPCA a call, tell them of the scenario and see what they say?
Whether they record it or go talk to those responsible, did you get a picture of the dog?
What would of happened if the dog got a reaction from the paint, its a serious crime to injure an animal?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #95
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

if it starts again i have a scanner in the truck if you want to try fmc351's idea. (im in narre sth off pound rd.) my ex wifes brother got home one day to a pink blue heeler. his house mate had used pink hairspray on it. the ex's brother is about 5'10 and weighed 19.5 stone, by the time we got there he had the house mate in a headlock and was punching him in the face (extremely hard). i dont think he will do something like that again. he looked like he had been hit by a truck and he moved out the next morning after he had spent half the night in the emergency ward. he really loved his dog and i bet it seemed funny to the housemate until he got home and snapped.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:04 AM   #96
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

TT90?? Big birdie

For the many observers of the thread... to put into context... these are the things theyve been flinging around the backyard:

Superpursuit's not kidding when he says they're lethal!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #97
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just remember that whatever you decide to do is an accident. If it's an accident, it can't be wilful and if it's not wilful then you are not responsible. It's up to the prosecution to prove wilful intent, not up to you to disprove.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #98
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Lethal ...... Yeah.. Rotor disk = 1.5 meters doing average 2000rpm = 565 KMH at the blade tips....

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #99
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockbf
mate i am dead serious about the whole scenario. my mate has a clip on hes camera ill try to get it on youtube or something, i was ****ed off at the start with the whole thing,but i dunno i am sorta sad its stopped now. back to boring old narre warren.

yeah and superpersuit83 this thing wasnt small. i have seen tiny r/c's befor and there like little mozzies. but i was really concerned about my safety of me and my dogs. (i am still worried about the safety of my dogs.)
I'd buy some bags of lime and a shovel.

Think of it this way.
RC helicopters are harmless when the pilots have no thumbs.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #100
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Hahahaha!

That was a fantastic read! I'm almost sad that they have been sorted so efficiently too!

I just hope that you (or your dogs) don't suffer any retribution at all.

Well done, a good result!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #101
Ringo
I see you....

Wow...i've just read this end to end - what a saga

My favorite suggestion was the WWII style anti aircraft helium ballons....priceless

Remember though that he who laughs last, laughs the longest.

*cough http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne..._reporting.htm *cough
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #102
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just throw a couple of copies of "certain literature" over the fence, maybe a tin of diesel and a kilo of urea, then let your fingers do the walking....

Be alert not alarmed, then sit back and look at all the pretty lights and funny men with noise sticks.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #103
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

You'd be surprised what the Russians would do for a carton of beer.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #104
Turbot

Here's a list of frequencies these guys could be using, now as others have stated you can just by a crappy 2 channel radio control unit that supports both frequency bands, then just plug in the frequency chip they are flying on and bam there down, problem is theres 23 chips to suit the 29mhz range and nearly 60 chips to suit the 36mhz range.

So best thing to do it borrow a scanner or even buy one from dick smith etc that can scan the 29mhz and 36mhz range and return it the next day with some excuse like unwanted gift or not suitable for what you want. Just let the scanner scan see which freqency it pauses on then buy the chip for your cheap remote and have fun.

http://www.silvertone.com.au/maa.htm
Turbot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #105
Turbot

Heres an example chip/crystals $4 each
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RX-Crystals-3...QQcmdZViewItem
Turbot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #106
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I think he's found a solution...
Todays news, "police hunt stolen rocket launchers"
It was you wasn't it?
Great thread
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #107
fmc351
let it burn

Pffft, Id fly those in my loungeroom. j/k

What a pair of wally's? Im talking about the parents, the kids are merely chips of the old block. Only idiots would let their kids fly something like that in the yard, I dont care how old they are.

I know you sorted it, but if you do ever need to take control of em, do it from inside the house, pretend its a bunker.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #108
1600GT

someone else beat me too it, but isnt it just great in the way OUR taxes pay to put usless dead beats like these neighbours into free housing when they have the money to buy RC copters, bikes, cars and the rest, when there's families out there that dont make enuf money each week to simply feed their kids, let alone do anything else, and they get no help at all coz they dont 'fit' into the welfare system....

dude, im bl00dy sure whoever the dept. is that handles the public housing scheme would LOVE to hear about the money they have to throw around. they would act like centrelink does when they find out about dole cheats.. out: out:
maybe a 'surprise' inspection is in order.........

all RC stuff use UHF frequncies, so some sort of scanning type 'jammer' must be available somewhere. would be p1ss funny to see these b@st@rd's units flying along, then do a big fat right hander into a tree.... :evil3:
1600GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #109
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600GT
someone else beat me too it, but isnt it just great in the way OUR taxes pay to put usless dead beats like these neighbours into free housing when they have the money to buy RC copters, bikes, cars and the rest, when there's families out there that dont make enuf money each week to simply feed their kids, let alone do anything else, and they get no help at all coz they dont 'fit' into the welfare system....

dude, im bl00dy sure whoever the dept. is that handles the public housing scheme would LOVE to hear about the money they have to throw around. they would act like centrelink does when they find out about dole cheats.. out: out:
maybe a 'surprise' inspection is in order.........

all RC stuff use UHF frequncies, so some sort of scanning type 'jammer' must be available somewhere. would be p1ss funny to see these b@st@rd's units flying along, then do a big fat right hander into a tree.... :evil3:
Great idea if you want to risk injury to others, If you use a frequency jammer gizmo on a RC Heli it is just as likely to give full throttle and make a left into you, or worse, your car :(

BAII Super Pursuit 0083