Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default How do you remove the quarter windows in the back doors of EL sedan?

Hi All,

As the topic says, just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the quarter windows from the back doors of an EL sedan?

Basically I'm removing the tinted windows from the EL and fitting them to my EF.

Thanks,

Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

haha your a cheat arent ya!! umm i think there glued on but im not really sure how to get them off. my mate got one from the wreakers a while back. i think he just used a stanly knife and kept cutting the glue till it came off. i'm sure theres a better way but this worked for him!
Old 30-12-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Ya gotta remove the window glass first then you will find screws/ bolts that secure the frame for the quater glass hidden under the door seal at the top and another one down low behind the door trim. Undo em and then you can remove the rear bailey channel/ quater glass frame then you can wiggle the glass out. They are a bugger to rifit nicely too the seal has to sit in the channel really well before you can get the frame back in.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Hmmm, sounds like it could be fairly difficult! I'll give it a try on the wrecked door I have rather than spoiling a good door!

Will post results in the next day or so for anyone interested.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post