Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #31
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
If you had a roster change for the week, and an adjustment sheet wasn't filled in and given to cash office, then they would pay you according to your normal roster.
If it was your normal roster and you didn't sign on/off for every shift, then it comes up on the exception report and it's up to your department manager to authorise your hours. The office cashier just types it into Paymas.

Honest mistakes do happen though, and if that is the case then it will have been corrected this week, as we are paying this week and next week tonight.

All Payroll and Paymas changes, as well as the rosters for next week have already been finalised, and were sent to the bank on Thursday.

I can't wait to see how many people come in the first week of Jan, and say they didn't get paid for the previous week. :alien2:

We get a payrise starting Jan 1 as well!!
Hehehe i sign my own exception report lol (Non Trade) so they just ley me sign it lol. How much is the pay rise i didnt hear anything about that
Old 24-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #32
DTFRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilly1981
Supermarkets suck! They can be so dodgy with the payroll sometimes. I have worked for Franklins and Coles and they were both just as bad as each other.

My wife works for Coles and they still wont give her a straight out answer on what her base salary is. They just say its around $40k but wont give a definate figure. She brings it up and they get the craps. Very dodgy indeed!!!

When we go for a home loan, they will need to give a definate answer otherwise Ill be kicking some butt
Hopefully she should be recieving payslips, her salary would normally be shown on the payslip. If not, normally the last 3 payslips would suffice as proof of income for your bank.

Crap like this makes me happy that I left retail management for the public service. I'm making 20 grand a year more than I proably would have if I'd still been in retail, plus not having to work nights & weekends (paid overtime if I have to) Flexitime is a great perk also.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #33
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyj
Ahh that brings back memories GCFordChic are you in RETAIL why back when I was that young Iworked in retail and never got Adult wages until I turned 21.Even though I was doing the same work as" adults" and was a relief supervisor.
Yep it sure sucks! It boggles the mind as to why that crap is still the case. I have been able to vote for years, am almost on my open licence, have completed 3 years of uni, have been in the workforce for 5 years, pay the same percentage of tax as 'adults' and I have to pay 'adult' prices everywhere (unless there is student discount!), but I dont get paid as an adult.... : Maybe I should ask to have my workload cut to 90% of what my peers have to do. :

And, as another example, when I did work at the supermarket while I was at high school I consistently had one of the fastest scanning rates, the lowest rate of scanning errors and got many positive feedback forms from customers (which meant management gave me a cinema ticket, yay!). Yet i was being paid around 60-70% of what the 'adults' were getting...

Ahwell, in a few more years I will be getting paid what I am worth, ok maybe quite a few years, but in the end my uni degree will all be worth it. If for nothing else, just to get out of retail.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #34
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must have he best employer on here by the sounds of it.Although there is only 5 employees in the company.In the past 6 years they have stuffed my pay up twice and both times when I let him know about it on the Friday night he has come around to my house and fixed it up on Saturday morning and paid me by cash.Can also say that he is the best boss that I have had in the past 30 odd years of working.And for 10 years I worked for myself :nutsycuck
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #35
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Way back when pay was just changing over from cash in an envelope with printed details, to the electronic mickey mouse system, mine was lost. $2,400 in cyberspace. Pics Axlo had paid it, the Nat Bank claimed it had sent it to Westpac, Westpac claimed they hadnt recieved it. Westpac tells me to speak to the NAB. NAB tell me to speak to Westpac. When i went back to Westpac, they began to suggest I go to the NAB, holy batcircles MANAGER!!!!. It took 4 days past payday to finally get it, I ended up opening a NAB account as that was the Company's bank.

Ah cash in envelopes. *sigh*
Ah yes back in the good old days - hell no - I use to work for Armaguard and then Brambles deliverying bucket loads of cash to big business on pay days
Best thing they done from our point of view was to bring in the EFT pay system in the late 80's early 90's
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #36
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF XR8
Ah yes back in the good old days - hell no - I use to work for Armaguard and then Brambles deliverying bucket loads of cash to big business on pay days
Best thing they done from our point of view was to bring in the EFT pay system in the late 80's early 90's
Why wouldnt you just change jobs? What else were you going to deliver at Armaguard?

I hate the fact I HAVE to have a bank account to get paid, and then they have the audacity to make me PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 02:53 AM   #37
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Man you guys have it quite bad... I work for a university and I actually like working for them. They are decent to work for and their HR/payroll depts are very professional. The people you guys work for sound bloody dodgy. I think lawyers have a word for what they do, oh yeah thats it, 'fraud'. :rolleyes:
Old 25-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #38
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

My work is very strange. I try to work out how much im gonna get but whenever I sit down and try to work it out exactly I get less than I think, but when I do a rough estimate I seem to get paid more. But everything works out right in the end so I don't complain.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #39
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I install payroll systems.. I can tell you some amazing stories

Funny, but you rarely hear of overpayments, just underpayments:
Ha, my mate works for a place in Bayswater (won't mention it).. He got overpayed $1200 or something.. Not sure if he gave it back as I haven't seen him in a while.

That sucks getting underpaid before xmas =/
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #40
buickman
buickman

[
Quote:
QUOTE=GT290]Go This is what the country voted for... howards has to go. I reckon Aussei would have taken a bit more notice of what happened to the Kiwi's. Its all too little and too late to shut the gate once the horse has bolted. I feel sorry for what some people must have to now put up with.
[/QUOTE]

I agree people voted for Libs & the IR laws which are an attack on the benifits the unions had fought for. But there here & we have to live with them even if Howard gets voted out the Labour party unless they control both houses won't change whats been introduced only not allowing anymore.
The thing that concerns me that I hope the middle & working class are not lost in the IR laws. Unless you have a EBA union aggrement you could be screwed
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #41
ForgInASock
Starter Motor

This isn't strictly to do with pay, but subtle proof that Karma does exist.

When I was in the Royal Australian Navy in Cairns, my father had to have his chest sawed open to show that he does have a heart. After the operation, he wasn't looking too good, so I inquired about leave and travel. That very afternoon I was on the plane to Sydney for a week. Top job HMAS Melville.

When I was in Sydney, at HMAS Waterhen, my wife and I were in a serious car accident. I was working in Newcastle at the time, home for weekends. Wife ended up in hospital with a broken sternum, fractured ribs, and major bruising. I phoned up my Chief on the Sunday morning and said that we've been in a car crash, wife in hospital, I need 2 days. Straight away he said to take 2 days and go to the base to do the paperwork after, he'd back me up.

I turned up at the base on Wednesday morning to the surprise of all there who thought I was in Newcastle. Put in the paperwork for 2 days leave. The reservist Regulator wasn't going to approve the leave! So I went over his head to the Warrant Officer. HE didn't approve it either, stating that "she is in hospital receiving the best care, so you can't get carers leave, and you aren't entitled to compassionate leave". WTF?!? I spat the dummy and said that I hadn't time for this crap, put me down for 2 days annual leave (form signed on the spot), and stormed out to go to work on the train.

Upon his return to the base on the following Monday morning, my Chief proceded to tear great big strips off the Regulator and Warrant Officer in front of the Commanding Officer!

4 weeks later, I put in a leave form in asking for one days leave, reason "To take wife to hospital for a scheduled check up following previously noted car accident". Previously noted Regulator was passing through the workshop and stopped to tell me that my one days leave had been approved. "If it's to take your wife for a check up why didn't you ask for carers' leave, Frog?" he asked. I couldn't beleive this, and damn near threw my spanner on the work bench, replying that the last time I had asked for carers' leave some damn fool wouldn't approve it, now excuse me but I have real work to do (exact words).

Karma reflects, however. Some months after, my mother was admitted to hospital, and I again asked for carers' leave. the Warrant Officer lost the form and I got 2 weeks for free. Suffer in your jocks, Sir!
Old 26-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #42
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Why wouldnt you just change jobs? What else were you going to deliver at Armaguard?

I hate the fact I HAVE to have a bank account to get paid, and then they have the audacity to make me PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE.
I thought of that and mum and dad back them wanted me to change jobs.
The only problem with the pays being delivered it was a regimented routine
IE Business A had the money delivered at 12pm , Business B had it delivered at 1230pm and so on same routine every week - there was only a few that did not care when it was delivered in the day all the rest had windows that were adhered to.
When the pays slowly went away the cash amount was kept to a minimum for the runs which was better for us BUT then it went to us restocking ATM machines so in the end it was a no win situation.
I agree with the paying of fees , in the good old days there was no fees on the electronic banking or over the counter banking but now there is a fee if you fart in the bank.
You should be able to make a claim to your employer to have the fees reimbursed ar given a money order to cash and get the pay.
Old 26-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #43
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I install payroll systems.. I can tell you some amazing stories

Funny, but you rarely hear of overpayments, just underpayments:

I'm an apprentice I once got paid my normal wadge ontop of some one elses full wadge so i got paid more than $1100(after tax) for one week I realised it later but work never said anything so neither did I

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #44
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDaaron
I'm an apprentice I once got paid my normal wadge ontop of some one elses full wadge so i got paid more than $1100(after tax) for one week I realised it later but work never said anything so neither did I
Think about the person that was dudded a full wadge, I mean wage , they would of been on hard street for a week , I bet you would jumped up and down if you were not paid for a week and then found out your mate at work was having a great time with your wage - think about it and when the bank and employer find out you can be charged with using funds by deception and have your pay garnished for a few weeks