Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default radiator question

hi my grandfather just sold his car he had it for about 10 years and now he has bought a 2006 focus. his doesnt think it has a radiator. is there one? and where is it located?. sorry my family is not exactly the most mechanically gifted but he we cant see it in the engine bay. thanks

Old 30-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear you. I know on my Falcon I dont have a radiator cap (it would have a radiator though) although hard to see with fans & mouldings etc. So lots of the new cars must have a sealed type unit im assuming? (as im no expert at all anyone that know's about this stuff would be good to hear from you)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah the trouble with the focus is that everything under the bonnet looks hidden away. he wants to know where it is incase he needs to put more fluid in i think, i said dw bout it and just wait till it needs its first service but he wants to find out now. thanks
Old 30-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
JD2004

He is probably better of not knowing where it is, but take a look inside your manual and it should inform you of such things... im only guessing.

I have a different engine setup so i cannot be of any help. Although you cannot get access to the radiator without removing the front bumber(in my XR5)... plus under the hood there is colour coded caps on the items which are fluid that your allowed to touch.. being so mechanically minded you might want to give playing with these caps a miss for today. A service is all it should need provided its serviced on time and not 30,000kms over the service you shouldnt have a problem with the fluid levels.

Hope this is of some assistance to you.

Luc
Old 30-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
Conquest_Tsi

All cars have a radiator, like stated most new cars have alot of engine bay equipment hidden under covers etc
I hate the fact that now adays you have to pull off a variety of crap just to get to something in the bay.

Unscrew a few of the 'protective' covers and you will see the radiator and other parts.

You can judge the radiator level by the overflow bottle (should have reddish coolant from factory) here you can top up as needed (not that you would have to with a new car)
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #6
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys for your help, ill tell my grandfather tonight. he just wants to know because when he opens the hood up and the engine looks so neat and hidden away he begins to wonder. it shouldnt bother him aslong as he gets it serviced he will never have to touch it. thanks guys
Old 01-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #7
BlackLS

Tell him to pull off the top cover, it just pulls straight up, that will give him a better idea of how things are under the bonnet.

It does have a radiator, but if he needed to add more coolant (he shouldn't need to whilst its under warranty and serviced) its done though the overflow bottle. With the yellow cap
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 12:29 AM   #8
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Tell him to pull off the top cover, it just pulls straight up, that will give him a better idea of how things are under the bonnet.

It does have a radiator, but if he needed to add more coolant (he shouldn't need to whilst its under warranty and serviced) its done though the overflow bottle. With the yellow cap
thanks mate ill tell him tomorrow