Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #61
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau

"Global Warming" is the biggest catch cry since "Globalisation" and I really beleive that no one has a clue on what it really is!
If anyone saw the Penn & Teller: Bullsh!t tv show about global warming, you would see that indeed no one has a clue.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #62
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
That's the spirit!

*sniff* Doesnt this just make you proud to be a member of the human race??

All we need is every man and woman in developing nations to get themselves a motor vehicle and we can have 7 billion people, in unity, not caring.
lol. thanks, just tryin to do my bit...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #63
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

.......In consideration of not driving my V8's around so I can do my bit, here is a bit of information for those that want to investigate further......

THere are currently over 200 seperate volcanoes active at this moment. Small ones like Semeru in Indonesia which has a continuous stream of plume (sulfur dioxide)5km in the air and which once mixed with moisture turns into sulfuric acid aerosols. Fairly nasty stuff apparently! Another volacano...bigger than Mt St Helens is bubbling away in Montserrat with plumes 20km high and 17,000km long. Each volcano can alter WORLD temperatures by up to 0.5 degrees each depending on what they are doing at any time. Any search through the internet shows some wonderfull pics of volcanoes and what they can do. Mt St Helens altered temperatures locally by up to 5 degrees and world wide by a small percentage, spewing out worse stuff than what we are all worried about coming out of cars and factories etc. One large eruption of any one of the 200 major listed volcano's which is guarenteed over the next 6 months as this is the supposed time frame of a major volcano can emit 100 times more pollutants than 100 years of China's industrial force. Thats something to be worried about.....but whats the point! Nature can be pretty nasty. I think its the g'ments fault and they should do something about them!!!!!!

Imagine driving up to one of these in your V8 and being told to turn it off cos its effecting the enviroment.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 02-11-2006 at 08:35 PM. Reason: cnat speel
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #64
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks sb!!

Yes hardtop, a good question and one that i asked myself!!

Considering the stoich ratio of 14.7:1 A:F that most EFI vehicles target under a closed loop scenario...

From what i understand, there's bucketloads of different hydrocabons (and all sorts of stuff) in a drop of petrol... but octane a good example to demonstrate where the volumes of CO2 come from.

I think the stoich for octane is 12.5:1... well, that balances the equation anyways... haha, i must confess i havent done much chemistry since Yr12...

(2)C8H18 + (25)O2 = (18)H2O + (16)CO

Lots of carbon in petrol, lots of oxygen in... oxygen = lots of CO2 when the two meet.
You forgot to mention another by product of combustion....H2O.

Think about it.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #65
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Quote:
(2)C8H18 + (25)O2 = (18)H2O + (16)CO2
You forgot to mention another by product of combustion....H2O.
Huh? It's already in there!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #66
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
All we need is every man and woman in developing nations to get themselves a motor vehicle and we can have 7 billion people, in unity, not caring.
This is indeed the reality.

As I said in my first post on this issue, money & greed are what's causing the human contribution to global warming if it so exists.
The technologies that are already available to help stem this issue have been hidden by our oil producing money hungry mates.

There was a show on SBS the other week about an electric or hybrid car that worked perfectly, but was recalled & destroyed as there was no money in it once they'd been sold. I believe they proved a big hit in California, where the story was based. A few people kept their cars, and these were the ones featured. I believe that they were made by GM.

Also, it has been proven that the Mazda rotary engine is one of the best to run on hydrogen, which produces nothing but water as an emission.
It too, is still hushed up & not promoted.

All our friends in the up & coming countries of the world should be embracing these technologies with open arms, as their impact on the world will be far greater than what has been seen already.
This applies to not only the automotive world, but manufacturing & industry as a whole.

Will it happen? I doubt it, there's too much money left to be made out of oil!!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #67
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Huh? It's already in there!

What can I say failed science and skimmed...sorry.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post