Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
FDG 220
Confused lil guy

Default Holiday Time Everyone!!!!

OK i am in middle of trying to plan an adventure holiday to NZ with extreme adventure as the ciriculam

SO - What i was thinking is who here would be interested in going on an extreme holiday filled full of adventure?
This would give AFF members the chance to meet there fellow interstate members in an environment full of laughter, smiles and adrenalin pumped action

The destination would be Rotorua in New Zealand which is world known for there extreme activities

There are so many things we could do there like:
White water rafting, jetboat rides, bodyflying, sprint car racing (yes you ACTUALLY drive the sprint car), LaRuge, skydiving etc etc etc

Ohhh and wet Zorba rides
(have look at link down bottom of this post to see what i mean)

All these activities in the one place

There summer months are from September to March so this could be planned for late next year which gives plenty time for people to get finances etc all ready

Pricing i'm not 100% sure on, i would have to get an idea how many people interested in going before e-mailing rotorua's tourism sales office to see what discounts etc we can get

Here's a link to some of the adrenaline-pumping action that can be had at rotorua

Rotorua Action

Of course you don't HAVE to take part in adrenalin side of trip there is PLENTY of other things to keep you amuzed over there also

Let me know what ya's think

FDG 220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
NZ
~~~

you do know rotorua smells like *****? lol yes really it does. queenstown is another place you could look at. there's all the bungy jumping, jet boats sky diving and that sort of stuff there but it tends to be an exspensive place to visit.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
FDG 220
Confused lil guy

I had no idea it smelt like **** lol
Queenstown is another option for sure

How bad is it?
Old 17-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
NZ
~~~

rotorua is a volcanic area, theres a lot of mud pools natural steam pools that sort of thing but with it comes the smell. To be honest I've never been to that part of NZ myself, but everyone i know that has commented on the smell. don't by any means let me put you off tho

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

There are some cool things to do around Rotorua. If you can manage to stay put for a day or so, your nostrils by that time would be burnt out by the pungant gases, so staying as long as want after that will be possible.

Seriously, it's not that bad.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
FDG 220
Confused lil guy

Ahhh ok it smells cause of the volcanic activity

That's cool as i want to see touch and feel a real volcano anyway so with this would come the smell
Sulphur i believe isn't it?