Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-05-2024, 11:02 AM   #1
wisey107
Starter Motor

Default ws Fiesta 1.6 clutch alignment tool

I'm about to do the clutch on my WS fiesta, the workshop manual shows a weird ford tool that can be bought from europe to do the clutch alignment, which I don't want to buy. The engine is out and on the stand, I googled thinking I'll get a cheap tool from repco or supercheap. No deal. What has everyone used when they have swapped their clutches?
wisey107 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2024, 11:08 AM   #2
FeistyFiesta
Starter Motor

Default Re: ws Fiesta 1.6 clutch alignment tool

In a pinch you can use something like a socket in the clutch disc splines and a rod through it into the flywheels spigot bearing. It's not ideal, but also not dodgy. You really should buy the plastic clutch alignment tool/s available on ebay. If you have a garbage transmission you can cut the input shaft off and use that. A good quality clutch kit should however come with the plastic tool....
FeistyFiesta is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2024, 11:12 AM   #3
wisey107
Starter Motor

Thank you great info. I bought an excedy tuff clutch, sadly, no tool.
wisey107 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2024, 11:42 AM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Check with Supercheap ; they sell the Exedy and Clutchpro brand of alignment tools and I think they have one designed for your car probably https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...PO3124599.html and it's worth paying the $10 for one that is designed to fit the flywheel splines. Ditto with Repco.