Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Talking EA Falcon turbo project update

G'day all,

The plan is to keep to this one thread for this topic, as it was getting to be a bit of a mess previously.

First a bit of a summary of what is going on. The EA Fairmont Ghia was my first car 4-and-a-bit years ago when I got my Ps and was still learning to drive :p. It later taught me to drive manual after a T5 was put in, plus I learned a lot about basic mechanics. The best part was the small web page I made about the car sparking a revolution which came to be known as the E Series Club.

With it no longer a daily driver, last year I decided to get serious about modifying it, and I collected various parts such as a low km AU 4.0 Intech motor with ancilliaries, an EL automatic, a large Mitsubishi turbocharger capable of 30+ psi, intercooler, blow-off valve, a large wastegate imported from the US, 30 psi boost gauge, oil catch can and a GRA throttle body as I plan to put the car on straight gas. Just for fun, I have also decided to temporarily downgrade the exterior (which was a combination of EA Ghia, EA SVO and ED parts) to make it a white CFI EA Falcon GL replica on the outside. All parts (grey bumpers, garnish, mouldings, 14" wheels with hubcaps etc) are collected and some are installed.

Unfortunately the latest update isn't very good. After deciding to replace the front main transmission seal, I have found that the original part is not readily available from Ford. I tried Repco today yet again today and they have advised that they can only supply the extension housing seal. When this silly piece of rubber is sorted out, I'll be free to organise a mod day at my place to install the new engine and transmission. When the car is running, it will be heading to GRA for the gas conversion, then to Rank Rotary for the turbo part installation.

I'll keep everyone updated.