Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
Brodes
Brodes

Default Tyre Intrusion

Found something in my tyre the other day, not sure what it was.

Yesterday I pulled it out and found this....

I was amused.

Keen to hear of similar stories.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tyre Intrusion

That's gotta take some force to push its way into a tyre, and to be standing up at the right angle.

Pretty unlucky
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
josh1990
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a woman come into (my old) work (tyrepower) saying her tyre was making a funny noise. Pull it in, yes can hear noise as driving. Pulled the drivers front wheel off. Well half off. Until we rotated the bolt past the caliper. She had some how managed to run over a giant bolt, that went through tyre and rim and was hitting the caliper. She was damn lucky it didn't tear the brake hose off. Also seen many spark plugs, bones (fresh and old) and even teeth. Echindna spines, razor blades, what's left of screw drivers. Hell, even a 13mm socket. Drill bits were nearly as common as screws (area had lots of homes being built).
Old 22-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

This is just one of two wheels that were obliterated when a moron truck driver didn't secure his load of rocks and let one roll onto the road. At 5am in complete darkness on the FWY, I tried to swerve and miss it but ran over it. Result, 2 wheels and tyres punctured.

I checked the car as much as possible afterward and there were no leaks or visible damage. But 2 yrs later the real impact of it was brought to light, the two shocks have slow leaks, the CV Joints and associated drive shaft had to be replaced.

Old 22-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That can easily be repaired - you know... "plugged" (sorry haha).
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: