Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Factory Focus/Fiesta Enhancements...

This is very interesting, if a little expensive for people wanting a little more go from their Focus/Fiesta... But the factory warranty would pay for the power up if something breaks..!

Focus Factory Powerup's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.autoexpress.co.uk
First to arrive will be the Fiesta ST 185, which goes on sale at the end of this month. As the name suggests, it packs a real punch – a mighty 185bhp, thanks to a reworked version of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that powers the regular model.

Although exact details are yet to be confirmed, the ST 185 is likely to get a tweaked engine management system, uprated cylinder head, different camshaft and new exhaust. The upgrade costs £950 and boosts power by 37bhp over the regular Fiesta ST’s 148bhp. With that extra pace on tap, the ST 185 should shave around half-a-second off the base car’s 0-60mph time, dropping it to eight seconds.

Top speed is boosted to 130mph, – a rise of 5mph. As well as the increased power, the modified Fiesta ST will be available with a host of alloy wheel options, allowing buyers to sharpen up the looks of their car, too. However, fast Ford fans after even more pace should look to the Focus ST 260. Exact details are yet to be confirmed, but it will have a sports air filter, revised engine management system and sports exhaust, which combine to boost power from 222bhp to around 260bhp.

That will slash a second off the 0-60mph time, dropping it to 5.5 seconds and taking the top speed to 155mph. More importantly, with the modifications increasing peak torque to in excess of 400Nm, the ST 260 will be even more responsive in the gears, offering storming overtaking performance. And thanks to that sporty exhaust, it should sound even more characterful, too.

As with the Fiesta, buyers will be able to choose from a range of optional alloys, but the basic price of the performance package will be around £1,500. It goes on sale in summer.
More story at the link....

Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like it. But the Fiesta is a bit small for me. Also I doubt it would make it the Australian shores.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same the Fiesta makes my look big... I would prefer that 185 NA mill in a Focus.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

i say bring in the factory upgrade options... more choice the better for all!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Rhubarb

I reckon they'd sell a few of those here.

I have an LS Zetec so same motor as the Fiesta ST. I'd seriously think about an extra $2k for a 25% increase in power - particularly since its all covered by ford warranty. If they pitched it at $990 as introductory offer I'd definitely do it.

This assumes it would be available on a focus zetec of course, not just the XR4 / XR5 versions.

Last edited by Rhubarb; 04-01-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyagi
i say bring in the factory upgrade options... more choice the better for all!
Definitely Food for thought, maybe Ford in the UK have realised that say 40% of people are going to do it anyway, so they might as well get a slice of the aftermarket pie.... the fact its covered by factory warranty is a BIG carrot to dangle in front of people that wish to modify, but are not sure about warranty..... I wouldnt do anything unless i would assured of keeping the factory warranty...
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kind of like the STI thing when I had a WRX... Keep it in the family so to speak..
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post