Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default uummmm wow

I didn't know where to post this but I am totally shocked right now. My mrs has her work Christmas party at the beach on Sunday arvo, which we were invited to. We were in bed talking about how it is going to rain and I said "oh well have to think of something else" to which she replied "you weren't going anyway you are staying here and looking after the kids" totally shocked I didn't know what to say. I am now sitting here shocked to say the least. Is she saying we are not good enough for her? I really am just in shock. Then because she knew she had really upset me, she is quite angrily now saying she won't go to keep me happy, thanks. WTF!!!!!!!. What if I was to turn around and tell her next month when I have my heart op I don't want her there, although considering what just went down I am not sure if I do.

I am really sorry to post this on here but christ, posting this has kept me from getting really angry at her.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #2
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Hey mate, I think at this moment you both need to chill. Sleep then talk in the morning about the problem, try to solve it without shouting. Don't take it too personally is my best advice.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
Old 03-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

It's quite common for work functions to exclude family or for people to not want to mix family and work.

I'd calmly ask why the family is not invited.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #4
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Agreed with EgoFalcon, just chill for a bit, when you're calm, tell her that you thought you and the kids were invited too.

Hope it all works out mate, take care
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 03-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

these things are often no family or friends just workers

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I just want to reinforce what others have said, to lend credence to the notion, it is common for family to not be included in a work party, so tactfully ask if that is the situation.

First and foremost, as someone who has been married for 25 years, let me say, don't expect your own logic from your wife! LOL. Women and men are too different for the same logic to be processed by both on the same subject matter. ;)

And I have never been to a Christmas party at a beach. Personally, I don't ice skate so I wouldn't have any interest in it anyway.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

We really don't need domestic issues on a Ford forum.
Closed Thread