Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default New Focus XR5 Turbos are arriving at dealers!

Seen a black XR5 Turbo today at Q Ford, absolutely stunning car, ofcourse sold waiting for its new owner...

This cars going to be a big success.

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Forest Bear

I saw my first XR5 in the flesh at Binks Ford on Thursday. Electric orange. It is quite stunning. It was the only example they had and I just so wanted to drive it. The body kit is just right and the alloys trounce anything that FPV and HSV has ever come up with. Good enough to eat. The interior looks nothing special over my Zetec but those Recaros are just fantabulous. I will my keep my current LS Zetec for 4 years and then I will get an XR5.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
Forest Bear

Saw this on ebay...

Focus ST/XR5 with Lamborghini style scissor action doors.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Hmm what chance do I have of seeing one at a dealer on the North Shore in Sydney here? 4/5ths of FA I reckon :(

Hmm, where's the good man RATT... travel to the ghettos of the southwest may be required!
Old 29-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
dvestate
Starter Motor

Well I happen to know that Thompson Ford (Parramatta) have a demo XR5

I'm heading down tomorrow with the Mrs to have a test drive and hopefully place my order
dvestate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Hmm what chance do I have of seeing one at a dealer on the North Shore in Sydney here? 4/5ths of FA I reckon :(

Hmm, where's the good man RATT... travel to the ghettos of the southwest may be required!
Ours is here too but I sold it! haha
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
dvestate
Starter Motor

RATT.... whats your allocation like over the coming months????
dvestate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Yep seems as soon as they hit the show room floors (if they haven't sold already) the first person to sight them is buying them.

Wish i could get mine now... just not feasible atm :\
Old 29-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Ours is here too but I sold it! haha
Bah! What you're meant to say is something like the following..

"Certainly sir. We have PLENTY in stock, in fact, we actually have too many. Here, let me show you the list and you can pick the colour and specs you want (since we have them all ready to go), then we can discuss that healthy discount!" : :nutsycuck
Old 29-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I for one am going to put myself into debt once again and purchase one of these hotties and offload the BA to simsmetal. A test drive first (if ever that can happen) would be nice. Would love in black or grey. A few of the guys at work are doing the accounting now to get one.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

There is one at my local dealer, in the orange, look's real nice, I'm going back on Mon to have a closser look.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
LOL Lambo doors for your Lambo...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...._BIN_Stores_IThttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...._BIN_Stores_IT
Old 03-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I went back to have a look, whoaaaaaaaaaa, I really want one now, I got some brochure's while I was there and had a look, now the XR5 doesn't come with Cruise does it????. but in the Focus brochure the pic of the interior look's like it has cruise, it has a set and reset button on the left off the wheel?????.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #14
amlohac

Definatly doesnt have cruise mate. Then again neither did my focus when i bought it new, they brought out the cruise later on down the track.

I was back in my old home town of deniliquin, and they had a blue xr5t in the show room. I nearly made stain on the seat when i sat in it. I really badly want one. Lucky i cant afford 35k or i would have bought that one then and there.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #15
FRA
Mr Focus

We went down to our local Ford dealer this afternoon to ask about the Focus XR5.
Bryan Byrt Ford Capalaba didn't have any in the yard, but did have 1 in their holding yard. Which we weren't invited to see even though we said we were interested in buying.
If we want to see or test drive XR5, we have to put down $1000 as a deposit on the car. Once we see and test drive the car we can either go ahead and make the purchase or receive our money back.
Kinda not happy we couldn't see 1 in person.
Both Lorraine and myself liked the 'performance blue' or the 'sea grey' with leather trim, but got told leather would take longer to get in and as it is, it is a minimum 12 week waiting period.
We also got told there was NO negotiations on price whatsoever.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 03:00 AM   #16
amlohac

Then heres what you do. Say "Why thank you for your lack of flexibility but im sure there are many other ford dealers willing to make a few dollars from me" If they are serious for your business they will offer you SOMETHING more, even if its not a HUGE discount.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I went back to have a look, whoaaaaaaaaaa, I really want one now, I got some brochure's while I was there and had a look, now the XR5 doesn't come with Cruise does it????. but in the Focus brochure the pic of the interior look's like it has cruise, it has a set and reset button on the left off the wheel?????.
That button is for the trip computer and its menus.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #18
fnm17

Has anyone else had this $1000 down deposit before they can test drive one ??? My brother is tempted to come over to the blue oval brigade, but everyone in Brizzy wants him to sign a contract and hand over $1000 before they will bring one in to test drive, right now he is on the verge of giving his money to Mr Subaru instead.
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm17
Has anyone else had this $1000 down deposit before they can test drive one ??? My brother is tempted to come over to the blue oval brigade, but everyone in Brizzy wants him to sign a contract and hand over $1000 before they will bring one in to test drive, right now he is on the verge of giving his money to Mr Subaru instead.
The reason for this is the fact that they are so difficult to get and that dealers are lucky to have 1 or 2 cars in the yard. The issue here is that every man and his dog wants to drive one, therefore only having 1 or 2 cars in stock means that if they let everyone who wants to drive them do so, the cars will have that many kms on them that no one will buy them.

If i was going to buy an XR5 T I would wait till Oct - Nov this year when the hype is over, they will be easier to get, more the likely have a few incentives to buy and atleast you will be able to get a test drive.
Old 19-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #20
Nappa
Impressive...

our waiting list is currently out to october, but we were lucky enough to aquire 2 extra units which we now have sitting on the floor. We are doing the same as other dealers and asking for a deposit before the drive, if you drive the car and dont like it (very unlikely) then you can have your money back. But i reckon that once someone has driven one of these it will be hard for them walk away.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #21
fnm17

I know these won't be a hard car to sell, but surely my brother isn't the first person to be slightly put off with this set up, isn't this why there are demo cars on the floor anyway ?
In the end, I guess everyone has the same rules to follow, so I can re-assure my Brother that not all salesmans are shonks (no disrespect to any salesman out there). He'll just have to wait to hear or read about how it handles from somewhere else, unless there is a WRX parked in his garage soon.
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #22
alex 70
Starter Motor

Default Dale Ford Have a Demo XR5

Dale Ford in Greenacre, Sydney have an Electric Orange XR5 demonstrator for test drives and a Panther Black for immediate delivery. 02 87000 100
alex 70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm17
I know these won't be a hard car to sell, but surely my brother isn't the first person to be slightly put off with this set up, isn't this why there are demo cars on the floor anyway ?
In the end, I guess everyone has the same rules to follow, so I can re-assure my Brother that not all salesmans are shonks (no disrespect to any salesman out there). He'll just have to wait to hear or read about how it handles from somewhere else, unless there is a WRX parked in his garage soon.
Thats the thing, most dealers havent got enough allocation to bebothered putting on a demo when they have pre orders till who knows when..
Old 19-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #24
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I've heard the same set up in the past for a number of performance cars. The fact is, it depends who you are. If you're 48, in a suit, and look like you can afford one, I'll bet you won't need to deposit $1000. If you're 22 and dressed in jeans and trainers, the sales manager is going to try and sort out the tyre kickers from the genuine buyers.

If FRA turned up in his highly modified Focus, I'd be worrying about what was going to happen during the test drive as well!!!!!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #25
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have a test drive tomorrow at midday....can't wait...
Old 19-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #26
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

There was a black one at our local dealer for a few days, gone now...

looked nice in black.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #27
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok i had my test drive and what can I say...AWESOME...

appearance wise the car is nice on the eye, the 18's don't look that big because of the bulk of the car. Inside the leather seats were very comfy. I didn't like the radio controls under the indicator (as in the previous focus as well). But that is a minor concern. The space saver in it doesn't bother me as I have only ever had 2 flat tyres in 8 years of driving.

Now for the drive. My dealer let me take it for a good 1/2 hr. We did the freeway speed test and then the windy road test. The car under acceleration sound fantastic, there is no turbo kick or lag, it is just power power and more power. The gear changes snap in well to each gate with ease, the clutch is perfect and the steering well balanced (can be adjusted). The brakes were tested and worked well. Did I also mention the noise it makes? Phoar nice...
There was a little tyre noise inside the cabin but other than that a big thumbs up from me. I really need to sit and do some financial costings but I would seriously consider this car. The Golf GTi must be some awesome machine for everyone to still give it a good wrap. But the XR5T is a brilliant car for an awesome price.
Old 21-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #28
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I've heard the same set up in the past for a number of performance cars. The fact is, it depends who you are. If you're 48, in a suit, and look like you can afford one, I'll bet you won't need to deposit $1000. If you're 22 and dressed in jeans and trainers, the sales manager is going to try and sort out the tyre kickers from the genuine buyers.

If FRA turned up in his highly modified Focus, I'd be worrying about what was going to happen during the test drive as well!!!!!
Very true, kinda understandable I guess, you're about the only guy on here (cough old and respectable) who'd be able to get away with a test drive based on not being a potential young hoon.

If only they saw the Award winning Zetec race machine in the carpark, they'd probably have every right to assume you're as much a hoon as the rest of us... :eclipsee_
Old 22-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #29
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol, always helps having a relative working at the dealers, test drives are as simple as" you break it, we'll take yours" and any work or servicing on the car get's pushed to the front of the line, and when my car's there they've always got another demo for me to get from A to B.

Now if i went to another dealers where i didn't know anyone... well, lets just say, i'm 19, i dress for my age, and i probably wouldn't be allowed within 10m of any performance car they have
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post