Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-01-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EB GT's - Is it possible?

i have a carzy idea that might work.........or maybee not!

Seeing as eb gt's they are still around the 20-30 grand mark, watabout picking up a damaged/write off eb gt??. You could restore it to the way you want it, eg. respray, crate engine (347 windsor) etc. If i could, say pick it up for around 1-2 grand mark (no engine, basically a shell) i could slowly build it up, eventually selling my eb fairmont to finish the restoration? But theres one problem, where to get an original eb gt?? And for around the price range im looking at!!!. lol

If you think about it, in the end all the money that will go into this project would it be worth while?, then to buy one GT at 26 thousand dollars with over 70,000km on it?. AND, you can call yourself a gt owner owner and be apart of the e-series club still :evil3:.

Is there a chance that the current eb gt prices could fall over the next couple of years? or could they even rise?

its just an idea lofting around in my head........ post opinions!!

regards

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

A; Good luck finding one.
B; It's hardly a resto if you're changing everything.
C; would all the money going into it be worth it? No way. You'd never get it back and it'd never be worth an original GT.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i didnt know the eb gt was still 30 grand...why so much ?
Old 18-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #4
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
i didnt know the eb gt was still 30 grand...why so much ?
Cos it has a GT badge on it :sm_drool:
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
C; would all the money going into it be worth it? No way. You'd never get it back and it'd never be worth an original GT.
D; Stop thinking so much ..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

there is a black gt near my house for sale $20,000

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 03:40 AM   #7
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sorry for a slight hi jack but is there any current members of the club who own either an EB GT or an EL GT?
How many GT's (roughly) have been with the club in the past?
Old 18-01-2007, 03:43 AM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
If i could, say pick it up for around 1-2 grand mark (no engine, basically a shell) i could slowly build it up, eventually selling my eb fairmont to finish the restoration? But theres one problem, where to get an original eb gt?? And for around the price range im looking at!!!. lol
i really doubt you'd find one, missing the engine and trans, but with the kit or wheels still, for the money you're talking about

a stripped EB GT with the kit still in tact i would imagine would go for about 5k+ easily but then the kit would be one of the first things a thief would rip off a legit car

if it were me, i'd find a EB or ED Fairmont Ghia V8 in one of the 3 GT colours, get an aftermerket GT kit, find some legit EB GT wheels then go to town on the motor / suspension..... it wouldnt be a legit GT, but it wouldnt have cost you 20k before even thinking about mods either
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
It's a great idea, but near on impossible.

I know there is someone on the forums doing a ELGT and finding GT parts hard to find.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #10
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Write off in Adelaide 2 or so years back ended up being parted out. A forum member bought the wheels (only) for $2,000 so you'd be up for quite a lot & that's if you could find one.
Start be-friending old folks in retirement homes. One might have something like an old XB they'd be willing to just give you. ;)
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #11
5L
[ 5L ]

i remember when i was 16 i came across a eb gt that was defected in sa, the price in the paper was $5000 phoned up the morning it was advertised and it was sold, so i never found out if it was a real one or not.

but for $5000 i highly doubt it, was probably a gli, with an optional bodykit.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
Age182
GMHKLA number plates

Ford Boy: i didnt know the eb gt was still 30 grand...why so much ?

EB GTs and EL GTs are still worth so much becasuse there is a limited number of 230 or so unlike the BA, BAmk2, BF n BFmk2 GT and GT-Ps they are mass produced and should never have happend there not real GTs unlike the previous Rare! ones

Previously owned:
1994 EF fairmont Ghia 4.0Ltr, AUTO
14.620@93.3mph

2000 Honda S2000
14.73@92mph (stock + no traction)
Age182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
If i could, say pick it up for around 1-2 grand mark (no engine, basically a shell)
The ID plates alone without the shell would be worth more than that. Also, part of a GT's value & authenticity is having a matching engine number & VIN, not forgetting the VIN is on all major body panels (as on all Falcons from EB2 onwards in an effort to reduce theft). I would imagine the body kit would be included & have a matching VIN on each piece.

To do what you suggest (with so few genuine numbered parts) would not have any more appeal, nor have any more value, than mocking up a Fairmont Ghia (on which the GT was based). All this is irrelevant anyway, as if the car is written off, you will probably never be able to re-register it.
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post