Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
But its annoying when every time you slow down the trailer bashes against the towbar.
That's normal, it's how they work.
Are you new to towing?

FWIW I think you've shown good common courtesy by telling them of the defects, any more would be meddling in someone else's business.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
That's normal, it's how they work.
Are you new to towing?

FWIW I think you've shown good common courtesy by telling them of the defects, any more would be meddling in someone else's business.
Not new to towing at all. Yes inertia brakes are clunky, but when they work its different to the trailer punching the car when you back off and it was unsettling the car. I have owned a boat on a braked trailer for almost 17 years. So have had to make adjustments over the years. Ill give the benefit of the doubt to they put it back because it was a friday arvo. Ive had it happen before where you go to pick up a rental on a monday morning and they scan it and the notes on their scan thingy say it needs repair so they dont send that one out. Also in the same token if its the first rental since a repair they tell you what repair was done so you know atleast. The lax attitude was what gets me a bit though. The last time i had returned a lift with a minor fault, ages ago, it was taken a bit more seriously and the guys were appologetic and halved the cost. It was a bad return spring on 1 lever that knocked out the other controls. Didnt take long to work that out and do the job, and 2 days later i rented the same lift, was told it was the first rental since the repair and what the repair was, the lift was fixed. Same mob i rented the one from yesterday, but actual customer service.
And dunno how long my aprenti would have been stuck in the air if he was alone. Reason being you never work off a lift without a spotter on the ground. Or without a licence for the equipment. Thats not being extra about workplace safety, its just common sense and avoiding any reason for workcover to pick you to pieces. Ive seen people get fines for the smallest of things over the years, like having a sticker on a hard hat on a construction site, even sitting on an esky at smoko.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Not new to towing at all. Yes inertia brakes are clunky, but when they work its different to the trailer punching the car when you back off and it was unsettling the car. I have owned a boat on a braked trailer for almost 17 years. So have had to make adjustments over the years. Ill give the benefit of the doubt to they put it back because it was a friday arvo. Ive had it happen before where you go to pick up a rental on a monday morning and they scan it and the notes on their scan thingy say it needs repair so they dont send that one out. Also in the same token if its the first rental since a repair they tell you what repair was done so you know atleast. The lax attitude was what gets me a bit though. The last time i had returned a lift with a minor fault, ages ago, it was taken a bit more seriously and the guys were appologetic and halved the cost. It was a bad return spring on 1 lever that knocked out the other controls. Didnt take long to work that out and do the job, and 2 days later i rented the same lift, was told it was the first rental since the repair and what the repair was, the lift was fixed. Same mob i rented the one from yesterday, but actual customer service.
And dunno how long my aprenti would have been stuck in the air if he was alone. Reason being you never work off a lift without a spotter on the ground. Or without a licence for the equipment. Thats not being extra about workplace safety, its just common sense and avoiding any reason for workcover to pick you to pieces. Ive seen people get fines for the smallest of things over the years, like having a sticker on a hard hat on a construction site, even sitting on an esky at smoko.
Sorry 4 but quite a few self employed tradies work on their own using all sorts of equipment.Maybe around Sydney where the unions run the show you work 2 up,but out in the bush where people are capable of looking after themselves better they generally don’t need another person gazing around whilst talking on the phone.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Finding the hidden wasps’ nest.

Yep, I hate that!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Finding the hidden wasps’ nest.

Yep, I hate that!
Before or after they stung you multiple times?
Old 02-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #6
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post

Did you note the fault in the log book. They can’t ignore it if it’s there and if they do and something happens work cover will ruin them
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Reporting a person to the police several weeks ago for fraud and identity theft after finding out they have ripped off thousands only for the Police to do nothing and watching the same person continue top rip off thousands each week.

Apparently they are waiting for the victims to come forward before they will take any action.

I had to visit 3 stations before someone would even take my report seriously...

'If you see something, say something'...

Yeah right.. what a bloody waste of my time.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Reporting a person to the police several weeks ago for fraud and identity theft after finding out they have ripped off thousands only for the Police to do nothing and watching the same person continue top rip off thousands each week.

Apparently they are waiting for the victims to come forward before they will take any action.

I had to visit 3 stations before someone would even take my report seriously...

'If you see something, say something'...

Yeah right.. what a bloody waste of my time.....
Still nothing from the fuzz - why? Coronavirus of course!

Apparently someone will call me by next week.

(That's the 4th time I have heard that by the way).

Since this post another $3-5k has been flogged.

Laptop(s), multiple pairs of shoes, dozens of items of clothing, each from 3 different suppliers, jewelry and furniture.

No rush I guess... credit card fraud is a victim less crime... right?

2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #9
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Some unsavory person decided to help themselves to newly planted Dianthus from one of my commercial clients car park garden.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 07:00 PM   #10
roKWiz
Cabover nut

From all accounts, seems the evidence was planted. CCTV ??

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
From all accounts, seems the evidence was planted. CCTV ??
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Some unsavory person decided to help themselves to newly planted Dianthus from one of my commercial clients car park garden.

Who the hell steals plants?

There's a sign in South Melbourne warning about plant vandals destroying trees, what an odd crime to commit.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2020, 11:31 PM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Who the hell steals plants?

There's a sign in South Melbourne warning about plant vandals destroying trees, what an odd crime to commit.
Don't laugh..

In Sydney you can get done for murdering plants.

Yes, we have a high regard for our carbon dioxide consuming brethren.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

Old 30-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #14
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Well, technically speaking.......that crime is what I do regularly to my own plants and trees when i attempt the strange practice also known as "gardening"......
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #15
Kicking back

I hate days at work like today. Because the majority of my clients are predominately working from home i had virtually nothing to do. I asked my manager if i could just stay home and be on call. He said no to that. So out of an 8 hour day i only had 3 hours of meaningful work and the rest down time. If i have nothing to do, id much rather do nothing at home. Of the 3 service guys, between us we maybe had enough work for 1 person for a day. And what annoys me the most is ive been asking for time off, but they have told the least useful guy with the least amount of leave to take the rest of the week off. To give sone perspective on how much work has dried up in a week. 1 building i went to today was 100% empty. Another had 3 completely empty floors and only a skeleton of maybe 15% of the normal staff.
Old 16-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #16
MercuryT
Banned

Wrapping up food with Glad wrap or similar.

Just an absolute nightmare.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #17
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Wrapping up food with Glad wrap or similar.

Just an absolute nightmare.
Along with broken nails and paper cuts
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2020, 08:03 PM   #18
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Along with broken nails and paper cuts
Not sure if taking the * but no I mean it. Cling wrap and I don't get along at all.
Old 18-03-2020, 05:16 AM   #19
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

First world problems; being awake with indigestion after too much good food plus bruised guts.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2020, 06:57 AM   #20
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Escargot fighting again?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2020, 08:15 AM   #21
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Trench wrestling
Old 18-03-2020, 10:59 PM   #22
Kicking back

With my current work forecast, last night i got a bit
of a kick in the pants. Had a hot water unit rupture. In a place i rent out. So its something as a landlord im obliged to fix and its getting done tomorrow, but unexpected expenses in times of the i dunno. I hate that.
Old 19-03-2020, 06:04 AM   #23
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Did you get your 8 years out of it?

Running pure hot water into a clean white bucket is a simple test of many (chronologically) older HWS - if it’s tinted compared to cold, you’re on the losing side regardless. After eight years with Sydney grade water, the anode is usually quite spent. A sub $50 DIY job that can save quite a bit.
Old 24-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #24
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Did you get your 8 years out of it?

Running pure hot water into a clean white bucket is a simple test of many (chronologically) older HWS - if it’s tinted compared to cold, you’re on the losing side regardless. After eight years with Sydney grade water, the anode is usually quite spent. A sub $50 DIY job that can save quite a bit.
It was an 05 manufactured thing. I bought the place in 2012. So it was 15 years old so coupled with the fact it was in the same space pool supplies like bags of clorine were nearby. That probably didnt help the cause. First order of business was to get rid of the above ground pool when i bought the place. Either way, i have the invoice, invoice paid, sucks balls but its done.
Old 24-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #25
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cleaning out my inbox and found a complete your registration link for this website back in 2011.

I only eventually made an account in 2016.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #26
TRAU BLAU

I hate this Chink virus!Ozzies will beat it down no doubt!
Old 29-03-2020, 03:01 PM   #27
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Though it was nice to see a bunch of AC Cobra's on the highway yesterday, I didn't like the fact I spotted them all gathering in one place at Benalla.

Don't know their situation but thought it was irresponsible of them to journey up from Melbourne as a group considering most clubs have stopped car and truck runs.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2020, 06:35 PM   #28
MercuryT
Banned

Car collision today.

Just had my R36 rear light fixed after waiting for the part to arrive as smashed in a car park (no note), now today my car was reversed into smashing the rear bumper...........

When I spoke to the guy who i know, i ensured we had a good laugh about it to make light of the situation. Like "I thought we were mates and you do this to me!...ha) etc

In the context of what people are going through a minor car accident is nothing. Not like he meant to do it.......

He really appreciated it so hopefully we all look after each other in these upsetting times globally when things don't go as planned.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #29
Trendseeker

It’s a common thing around homes situated on waterfront reserves for the residents to hack down trees to improve the view from their house. The council sometimes erects a sign about vandalism and installs a large net to obstruct the view, or at least make it a bit uglier, and plant new trees. They know who has probably organised the vandalism but have no proof.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:28 PM   #30
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My trusty Pug broke down in Chatswood. Either the idle air motor gumming up, or the ignition driver, I’d say. Eventually decided to go again.

I have had three breakdowns in Chatswood in ten years, all within 500m of each other. No wonder I hate the place with a passion.