Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the verdict? .... Yes or No. Pick 1 of each.
EXTERIOR - YES 172 46.11%
EXTERIOR - NO 189 50.67%
INTERIOR - YES 273 73.19%
INTERIOR - NO 93 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #721
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VF Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Well, that shows how immature you are...

I dont mind that ute...im glad that those stupid flared gaurds have gone. i wonder if yhe omega will use the larger grill, or the S type shape.
Sorry, how?

I have had the bird flipped at me many a time by a Holden driving douche, had my car keyed by a Holden driver (caught him out).

I know that doesn't sum up every Holden driver, but I dislike seeing them on the road, they are an eyesore.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #722
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Sorry, how?

I have had the bird flipped at me many a time by a Holden driving douche, had my car keyed by a Holden driver (caught him out).

I know that doesn't sum up every Holden driver, but I dislike seeing them on the road, they are an eyesore.
in some ways I agree with you. most douchebags car of choice seems too be the holden commodore but not all of them are. its the idiots that give the rest a bad name. for example my best mate drives both a falcon and commodore and he actually cares about his commodore too the point that it is for sale and he wont sell it too any young person with a P plate or anyone that ask him does it do good skids. I don't think the commodore is an eyesore as such but it is rather sad seeing a nice looking car in the hands of idiot that thrashes the thing. regardless of badge
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #723
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

That ute looks a little bit "XH" to me, if you get what I mean.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #724
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Why compare a SS-V to an ecoboost or Toyota and complain about economy? In the Falcon range the XR6 Turbo or FPV GS are the competitors to this car. Both like a drink when driven like they should be.
I wasn't comparing...but I also wanted to bring up they havnt addressed what seems to be the biggest thing on peoples minds these days....COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seems to me they now look pretty but the six cylinder engines still suck heavy...and the v8s will still suck lots of fuel.
And to refute what you said....ford has multiple options to get the same or better performance for better economy as the line ups where even before this new holden update. And that's sixs, turbos,and eights.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #725
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Not sure if its been mentioned, but the rear spoiler has been downsized simply for fuel economy. The VE SV6/SS one contributed to up to .3L/100km on the highway.
REALLY...I have a high mesh sided box trailer and when im pulling it on the highway that doesn't even go up .2. A wing doing that....DONT BELIEVE IT
Old 20-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #726
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Yep, know what you are saying and agree. If the Euro's got serious here they could really do some damage to the local industry. I have a feeling that Chrysler with their price point on the 300C, there might just be some movement in the pricing? A price war would stuff the local industry and if they did stop manufacturing here, would cars become cheaper and a win for the public? Is the exorbitant pricing here because of local manufacturing only?

Talk of SSV heading towards 60k here with all the bits ...... Those waiting excitedly for HSV might be a little bit disappointed. Especially if the Corvette engine is used you would be looking at 100k plus Commodore. If AMG was serious and wanted to do something here along with the M brand ..... ? The local car pricing is certainly not helping with keeping the prices on par with the rest of the world.

Don't want to see local manufacture go of course ..... but don't want it to stay if we are forced to pay for it over and above what is reasonable. There does come a tipping point. Is 50% levy on local built cars reasonable to keep the manufacturing here? If the VF sells above their expectations, especially in the states, hopefully a reduction in price can follow? Doubt it.
don't forget they buy the current ss motors cheaper then they get the six motors for. Wont be so with a new engine THAYS for SURE. Means a price increase id say
Old 20-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #727
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry, how?

Better seeing commodores than seeing skylines or those golfs and renault hot hatches.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #728
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I owned a v8 commodore and copped abuse because it was a holden, therefore I was a "bloody holden driver"....., I own a ford and I cop abuse for being a "ford faggot" (yes someone has called me that)... you cant win!
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #729
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you drive a new R35 you will win every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
I owned a v8 commodore and copped abuse because it was a holden, therefore I was a "bloody holden driver"....., I own a ford and I cop abuse for being a "ford faggot" (yes someone has called me that)... you cant win!
Old 20-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #730
SS_01
Erebus Motorsport Fan

Interesting, I had the pleasure of speaking with one of the design engineers that saw the VF project through, and even he wasn't a fan of the overall look. He said that out of all the clay models they did, this one was the worst and looked most like a mazda. However, he did go on to say that the way it drives and handles, and the overall comfort level is a massive step up from VE, and the quality of the interior is fantastic. Will be interesting to check it out once it is in the showroom, and maybe even take one for a spin to see how good it is. I suppose, like most of you, the only other thing we are waiting on, is just how much it will cost to purchase!
Old 20-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #731
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_01 View Post
Interesting, I had the pleasure of speaking with one of the design engineers that saw the VF project through, and even he wasn't a fan of the overall look. He said that out of all the clay models they did, this one was the worst and looked most like a mazda. However, he did go on to say that the way it drives and handles, and the overall comfort level is a massive step up from VE, and the quality of the interior is fantastic. Will be interesting to check it out once it is in the showroom, and maybe even take one for a spin to see how good it is. I suppose, like most of you, the only other thing we are waiting on, is just how much it will cost to purchase!
That didn't help the AU too much when the Forte was released! Best driving car Ford had produced but the styling put too many off side without trying it. Not saying that the C'dore is that polarising but it isn't a stand out either.

Couldn't think of what it reminded me of (apart from Camry) but saw a series 2 Avalon today and thought BAM! Spooky when the look similar to a 10 year old car ..... but will wait to reserve a full judgement until I see one in the flesh though .....

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #732
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I was looking at a Territory today...annnnnddddd....

Damn the VF bonnet looks like a carbon superduper aluminum copy of Fords work...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #733
Angeldust

.... i guess the VF looks ok. To me it looks like the commodore styling has 'caught' up with the rest of the world. This isn't necessarily a good thing, as what i liked about the VE styling is its uniqueness in a way. Either way, i love my VZ more than either so i won't be driving one, but will be more than happy to let others enjoy their soon to be pride and joys..

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #734
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the opportunity to see a white lhd Chevy badged VF base model at Elizabeth plant. I must say that it doesn't look as good in the flesh as previous models. Kinda like when the VR came out, something about it just doesn't gel together.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #735
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_01 View Post
if he said that it drives, handles and is more comfy....what have they changed in the new model besides some weight loss??????
I didn't think they changed the suspension or drive lines at all! Or did they????
Old 20-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #736
SS_01
Erebus Motorsport Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
if he said that it drives, handles and is more comfy....what have they changed in the new model besides some weight loss??????
I didn't think they changed the suspension or drive lines at all! Or did they????
A good question which i didnt think to ask him, but just by losing a bit of weight, and maybe having the weight in a more central position could help its handling?
Old 21-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #737
Owen1888
Banned

Their logo in Wheels magazine for the VF is "Euro style mixed with Aussie muscle". Unfortunately, it doesn't look anywhere as stylish as a similarly priced European performance car, and isn't it a Yankee engine???
I reckon their clutching at straws at this stage. I'm sure none of us want to see Holden or any other Aussie brand go down the tubes but I feel they need to step up and get with the times. Interior looks ok but the rest is just average in my opinion.....looks a bit like a Cruze at the front, maybe it's the lights or something and they stole that from Daewoo!!!
Owen1888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #738
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Details on Ute and Sportwagon.
http://brisbanetimes.drive.com.au/mo...219-2epbr.html
Old 21-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #739
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw one of the jaguar xf's on the road yesterday, VF is totally ripping off the side vents and bonnet
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #740
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Saw one of the jaguar xf's on the road yesterday, VF is totally ripping off the side vents and bonnet
Thats my car !! now for LOTTO!!!
Old 21-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #741
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
I was going to say the same thing last week but was to scared at the bullying I would receive for verbalising it.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #742
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know this should be in the You Tube section, not everyone goes there
Virtual drive of the VF Calais V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YyFM89l6nY
Old 21-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #743
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
From that link to another link , I found this info:

Quote:
What hasn't changed
Engines largely unchanged (3.0-litre V6, 3.6-litre V6, 6.0-litre V8); minor improvements to outputs but the main gains are from light weighting and improvements to other components.
Windows; carryover from VE
Doors (there are only minor modifications for the new door handles)
Roof
Vision-blocking A-pillars; new trims are claimed to improve vision slightly but the problem persists
Mirrors
Rear air vents
Lid for centre console
So the A pillar blind spot is carried over to the VF. This is something potential buyers should consider, and leaves the VF open for criticism. Why didn't the Holden engineers re-design this area, which was much criticised on the VE? Perhaps the tooling change was considered too costly?
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #744
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

A-pillars are a platform hardpoint. To alter the design of any of the pillars is a significant redesign and engineering expense. Probably well outside the budget of the VF refresh.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #745
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Having owned a VE Clubsport and now a FG F6, the A pillar blind spot is virtually the same between both models. The only difference is that in my FG, the interior trim makes it look smaller than it really is.

I'm loving the look of the VF SS, just very disappointed that it's not getting the 6.2. I'd consider one for my next car but the chances of going to the VF took a big drop with having the 6.0.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #746
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
A-pillars are a platform hardpoint. To alter the design of any of the pillars is a significant redesign and engineering expense. Probably well outside the budget of the VF refresh.
The redesign itself should be relatively straight forward by revising that area in the FE models that they have. They should know the configuration needed, with the high strength steels required. I would think the expensive and time consuming bit would be the crash retesting and the retooling required as mentioned, considering it is a full side panel for all three variants, sedan, ute and wagon. Probably well outside the budget as you say.

I'm also wondering if the US customers would notice the wide A pillar, I certainly did when shopping around a few years ago.
Old 21-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #747
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i dont get the A piller argument..
are people to lazy to move their heads?
or simply have poor spacial awearness?

in any event they should not be driving..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #748
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

The A piller was actually narrowed...not buy much, but its listed in the changes...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #749
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

They redesigned the plastic trim on the inside of the car to make it thinner.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #750
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
i dont get the A piller argument..
are people to lazy to move their heads?
or simply have poor spacial awearness?

in any event they should not be driving..
I agree with you there about moving the head each side to make sure nothing is hidden behind there, however there are many drivers who don't do this, like the one who drove into me about 5 or 6 years ago at a roundabout, he blamed his A pillar for not seeing me. He looked like he was stopping but the next second drove into my LH front guard. Do they teach this sort of thing (moving head to check behind blind spots) in driving schools? I doubt it.

However the Ford engineers did a better job in that area on the FG, they used high strength steels did various tests etc to come up with a superior configuration.