Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Microwave Oven Trim

Ok, a question for the Collective Brains Trust:

I have installed a Built-In Microwave (Bosch) into an existing recess. Unfortunately the opening to the recess is significantly wider than even the front facia of the microwave. If I place the microwave centrally, there is an unsightly 1cm gap on either side.

It's a first-world problem, but I would like to neaten it up.

The Manufacturer does not offer a trim kit for this oven.
(Their helpful suggestion was to have the cabinet custom-made)

I have looked at the kits from other manufacturers, but even if I could find one the right size, they are extortionately expensive. ($3~400 for some pressed stainless)

Now for somebody with the right skills and tools, there are a myriad of possibilities. Unfortunately I have neither. Even when I had a Mitre-Saw, my attempts at Mitre-Joints were decidedly agricultural.

So I'm looking for something "ready made".
(If I end up needing some more cabinet work done, I can ask a cabinet maker to knock something up, but I'm not getting in a professional just to do a trim.

I'm surprised that something isn't available on ebay (given the abundance of useless junk) but so so far my googling has failed me.

Best I can think of to date is maybe a picture frame (if I could find one the right size) but that may be too thick.

(Please move to a more appropriate board if required)