Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How embarrasment......

Just been reading the April issue of MOTOR and spotted the PCOTY phase 1.

Jeep SRT 0-400m 13.5. Cost $89k

An effing four wheel drive shoebox that is quicker than any FPV V8 and as quick as the F6????? (MOTOR test figures)

So now some overweight akubra wearing urban cowboy with brokeback mountain fantasies has the ability to line up against Blue Oval's finest and WIN?????

How embarrassment............

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

i read in the car guide that they took it out to wsid and it did do the 1/4 in 13.5
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Then there's a Hennessey version as well ... and that's in the vicinity of a flat 12 ... available from the Jeep Showroom.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How embarrassing.

You used the wrong word!

I am also sure that many homosexuals drive Falcons. I don't care if such people have fantasies, as long as they look after their car. I implore you to keep an open mind in such a matter.

Also, do you know why I love Ford? It isn't about the speed or performance of the car. I love the look of them. If you want performance, buy a refined european racer.

But I want rough Aussie grunt that is unique. Falcon does that for me.
uranium_death is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I am also sure that many homosexuals drive Falcons.
You better believe it......
Where not all Golf driving Toorak residents !

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker73
You better believe it......
Where not all Golf driving Toorak residents !
are you sure ?????? Anyone for GOLF !!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How embarrassing.

You used the wrong word!

I am also sure that many homosexuals drive Falcons. I don't care if such people have fantasies, as long as they look after their car. I implore you to keep an open mind in such a matter.

Also, do you know why I love Ford? It isn't about the speed or performance of the car. I love the look of them. If you want performance, buy a refined european racer.

But I want rough Aussie grunt that is unique. Falcon does that for me.
Your memory is as narrow and your attitude. The term "How embarrassment" is a common australian saying first coined by a character in the comedy "Acropolis Now".
Of course I can understand your failure to remember this as you must be dizzy flying in circles due to your enormous left wing.

Brokeback Mountain is just the most recent cowboy movie, I could have used "Marlboro Man" but you and all the other school kids here would probably not remember that either.
Old 19-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

:
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Of course I can understand your failure to remember this as you must be dizzy flying in circles due to your enormous left wing.
Sig material! : :

Somewhere in this thread there was something about a quick jeep... :hihi:
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
XRchic
Hello

ROFL @ flappist.

I agree, and anyone who says they like Fords JUST for looks and not power or performance sounds a bit like one of my girlfriends when she says that she loves her Hyundai because "its just so cute" and "I dont really care about whether or not it can do "skids" or how fast it can go" or "I dont like those cars that go too fast because they make me sick when I go too fast".... LOL.

If you dont want a Ford that performs, fine, then thats nice for you. There are people on here who WOULD like their Ford to perform and not have to buy some Euro thing to go faster... so we spend money in doing so, quite happily. And I would like MY Ford to perform better than a Jeep 4WD, especially if I had an FPV of any kind... so I understand flappist's perspective and share his "embarrassment"...

I guess not everyone watched Acropolis Now or has heard the phrase used since... I guess that is a bit like not everyone having heard of an "edit" and when newbie came on and asked for info about an edit, some people responded with answers like "strange question but it is what you do when you check what you have written before posting" or something to that effect!

Hmmmmm young people these days.... *shrug*.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #11
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Sig material! : :

Somewhere in this thread there was something about a quick jeep... :hihi:
Quite clearly flange the SRT Jeep should be flange compared not to falcons but rather to other Sports SUV's ML55's etc flange.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Suffering a flangebout of tourettes Danflange?
Old 19-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #13
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
There are people on here who WOULD like their Ford to perform
They now come in convenient nasal sprays...
Oh wait, you meant you wanted your car to perform. Sorry, my mistake....

I'm sure that there is a lot of cars out there, big or small, that are quicker than a FPV. Just need the $$$ to buy them.
Old 19-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #15
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

The $$$ or the flange, sgt_doofey

*EDIT* I'd better shut up now

Last edited by mcflux; 19-03-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 19-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #16
XRchic
Hello

This thread is going into my list of classic threads...and thats not cotton threads either..

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #17
irsa76
Snoopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Then there's a Hennessey version as well ... and that's in the vicinity of a flat 12 ... available from the Jeep Showroom.
I would like to see a Jeep dealer actually deal with Hennessey in the first place. From everything I've heard about him, while he does good work, you literally have to be standing in his workshop holding a gun on him to ensure that he actually finishs your car in time. At least he doesn't waste money on flashy stuff, the 300C upgrade "brochure" he sent me is nothing more then a hard copy of his website!
As for the JEEP SRT8, ugly and if early ones are anything to go by nothing but trouble.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #18
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Quote:

An effing four wheel drive shoebox that is quicker than any FPV V8 and as quick as the F6????? (MOTOR test figures)

So now some overweight akubra wearing urban cowboy with brokeback mountain fantasies has the ability to line up against Blue Oval's finest and WIN?????

Yep, I don't know how the Orion's 6% power increase for the GT will do much for the cause either...

FPV need cubes and/or grunt pronto, but I feel it's too late...

Flappist, God bless Effie and come to where the flavor is. Unfortunately it's not at FPV for the next Orion generation.
Old 19-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #19
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:

True, losing to a jeep.

But where is the line to be drawn? A turbocharged cayenne will leave most things on the road for dead. Do we really want our beloved domestic manufacturer to be competing with $200k+ cars designed with nothing more than school dropoffs and soccer practice?

Do you want to pay for the dressed up falcon that's been built to keep up with 6.1L Hemis?
Old 19-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #20
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How embarrassing.
You used the wrong word!
London to a brick, Flappist loaded that title knowing he would get a response such as yours, flappist a very clever and if you dont give him the respect he desrves he will chew you up every time.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #21
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
London to a brick, Flappist loaded that title knowing he would get a response such as yours, flappist a very clever and if you dont give him the respect he desrves he will chew you up every time.
Yup! I was waiting for someone to bite :

It would be funny to see a Jeep engaging in a TLGP!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #22
Scott

Quote:
But I want rough Aussie grunt that is unique.
Isn't that just what Jake Gyllenhaal said???......... cue Heath Ledger: .
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #23
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Look at the laptimes of all the quick 4x4’s (BMW X5 4.8, M55 and the Jeep). They are very good in a straight line but their lap times aren’t fantastic, and over a couple of laps I’m sure that the’d fall right away. Wouldn’t you really want to have something that has more “handling” than “grunt” – that means that you can get on the accelerator earlier and the brakes later? Straights are the more boring bits of racetracks.

p.s. I thought that “how embarrassment” was a catch phrase of the Comedy Company’s Kylie Mole?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #24
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now just to add to the fun of this I am going to take the copy of MOTOR to show my father tonight. He should get a good laugh as he was the "Grand Poobah" at the Willys Jeep factory in Brisbane and is the one responsible for the original falcon engined Jeeps in the 1960s.
That also caused a stir back then as it was an enormous power increase from the original yank engines and blew all the landrovers of the day into the weeds.
Old 19-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #25
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Your memory is as narrow and your attitude. The term "How embarrassment" is a common australian saying first coined by a character in the comedy "Acropolis Now".

Brokeback Mountain is just the most recent cowboy movie, I could have used "Marlboro Man" but you and all the other school kids here would probably not remember that either.

What a crack up Mate...

Poor UD
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #26
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:

Awesome car this is!
I saw one the other day, and keep seeing it near albert park. Would make me think twice about having a crack.

Yes, it is shameful! :ymca:
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #27
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Go the "Experienced Crew" !!
Oh I miss the Marlboro Man thanks for taking me back in time Flappist lol....

Oh what about the Jeep eh ? Glad I'm in the old T3.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #28
robs_ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
p.s. I thought that “how embarrassment” was a catch phrase of the Comedy Company’s Kylie Mole?
I think you're right. IIRC, the Comedy Company first aired in 1988 and Acropolis Now in 1989. I do remember thinking that the second series of the Comedy Company wasn't as good as the first. Yaknowaddimean? Cupp'la days.
robs_ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #29
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Likes: Brutal acceleration. It felt so quick we took it to Western Sydney International Dragway to find out how fast it is. It covered the 400-metre sprint in 13.2 seconds (estimated 0 to 100kmh time of 5.5 seconds). Faster than a Porsche 911, let alone the Cayenne. It stunned a few drag racing fans. Five-speed auto does its job well. Good brakes, good roadholding. Above-average sound system. Sports seats.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #30
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

thats the one, the one i saw was in black, thought it was a bmw first time, then had a closer look, sounded so good too!
Pretty ugly front end though.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post