Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #301
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Whoever was a passenger for 30,000 miles needs a good kick for scuffing that kick pannel like that and the carpets worn badly and that side also.
As I mentioned earlier, that's just how these cars looked back then. We got in them and drove, if our boots were muddy so what. We didn't go through an airlock wearing a 100% cotton suit just to climb in and go get the Sunday papers, or to go for a swim in the river 50 miles away.

I have a photo of our GT buried in snow - a big overnight dump that caught us by surprise. We had the XW sedan and the old man had his XC work ute, so the GT sat under the snow for a week till we got around to digging it out. And no-one gave it a second thought. It towed a caravan and a ski boat regularly. It almost always had a pair of rusty roofracks fitted (they came from our XT wagon if I recall correctly). It was a CAR, not a rolling ***** extension that made up 50% of the owners personality.

Not like today, with kid gloves and Meguires clean and polish jobs.
1969 Kombi
Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #302
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

too right squalo
Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #303
Phase II
High Performance

My old man must be weird then as it's tidy as, his XW was his car after uni out in the country, parked on the sydney streets and covered in stickers the same as moffet's race car..... It was well and truley a driver.

Last edited by Phase II; 01-05-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #304
Phase II
High Performance

Anyway ill leave it at that i could disagree with the price till the cows came home, well done to your mates dad for getting that kind coin(more than the black one) and hope the new owner enjoys. And wow didnt this thread get some attention.

Cheers
Old 02-05-2007, 12:33 AM   #305
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODDOAU
I thought the stripes over the roof bonnet and bootlid were a factory item on the HO's. Correct me if im wrong.
You'd be suprised how many were ordered minus the bonnet and side stripes. This is also true about the VC Brock commodores. Alot of people wanted a fast car without the "Look at me" factor.
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 AM   #306
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalo
As I mentioned earlier, that's just how these cars looked back then. We got in them and drove, if our boots were muddy so what. We didn't go through an airlock wearing a 100% cotton suit just to climb in and go get the Sunday papers, or to go for a swim in the river 50 miles away.

I have a photo of our GT buried in snow - a big overnight dump that caught us by surprise. We had the XW sedan and the old man had his XC work ute, so the GT sat under the snow for a week till we got around to digging it out. And no-one gave it a second thought. It towed a caravan and a ski boat regularly. It almost always had a pair of rusty roofracks fitted (they came from our XT wagon if I recall correctly). It was a CAR, not a rolling ***** extension that made up 50% of the owners personality.

Not like today, with kid gloves and Meguires clean and polish jobs.
Too true. Only 11 years ago as a 21yo I had a fully restored L34 Torana that I used as a daily driver. I then traded it for $10,000 on a Brock commodore. Before the prices began to rise, they were just cars, even into the early 90's (they just had abit of history at that point). I'd love to know what my L34 would be worth today...
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
Old 12-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #307
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: sneak peek , at 32073 mile HO real barn find

has this ph3 ever been seen publically since?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #308
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

whoa, epic thread mine....

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #309
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Damn how do people find these old threads, go looking for them?

Seems things have changed in 5 years.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #310
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Would be good to know what happened to it though ?.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #311
madmatty
dipstick

love to see that car now.whats it worth five years later?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #312
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clean, but please please please don't restore beyond what's needed to make it safe to use...people need to be able to see these things in as original a condition as possible, warts and all. There's way to many "better than new" old Australian muscle around that's been rebuilt to a standard that the factory could have never dreamed of and being called "all original"...very sad...
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #313
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you look on the previous page it has been sold to a guy in vic.

My Survivor 1 owner XC Wagon
Check it Out
Closed Thread