Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!
Default Gran Turismo - FPV Typhoon

hi all,

well to start with i know the game has been out for a fair while but i only just finished gran turismo 3 100%. so i bought number 4 the other day and bought the typhoon for me 1st car. done a few mods (no turbo upgrade yet) but done all the basic things eg brakes, suspension.

well i have a bit of a problem, i can't seem to get it around the tracks quickly and i need some sort of a setup done. so my question is: has anyone bothered to set it up ie race settings? if so would you be able to share them with me? and whats the best car on there for the harder races? i could do it all myself but it takes ALOT of time.

thanks pete j

EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Its gonna suck hard compared to most of the other cars there...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

well it's alright at the moment. i'm easily beatin the others in the pro series but i just need a few tips. i want a challenge for once instead of buyine the R34 and racing myself around the track.
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #4
wiresquire
Banned

I thought the default handling wasn't bad. I quite like a lap or two at the ring with it.

You should head over to the GT vault.

I used to use it for some setups in GT3. Try a few different tunes. You'll probably find one or two that suit your style by someone. Then you'll find that if they have tunes available for other cars you'll like them too.

Cheers
ws
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found the same problem. You have to play with the suspension big time to get it to corner properly. I would post the settings up but i dont have it saved anymore due to other games needing the space.
Old 29-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #6
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just lowewr it a little and setup the springs..
work the motor and she flys!! i think i cranked well over 300kmh with it.
use nos aswell and slicks.

i had my typhoon competing all the way up into the harder competitions..
520rwhp
eed-250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
xr8gn3

I was dissapointed with GT4......i held GT in high esteem and set it as the benchmark for racing / simulation games.

Coming from Forza on XBOX to GT4 on PS2, Forza ****s all over GT4 in drivability and fun factor. The graphics in GT4 are the only thing it has going for it and its got aussie fords...but they got the exhaust notes on the BOSS and GEN3 all wrong.....its that bad i leave the std exhaust on......If anyone hasnt played Forza I suggest u give it a go much more realistic in every aspect esp in driving dynamics.....

The game has a better layout too.....theres no licence tests...money is easy to get and no annoying "bling" sounds thru the menus etcc..and better range of supercars Ferrari Enzo, Koeniggg CCR, Carrera GT, Merc SLR, TVR Cerbera, Saleen S7, Chrysler ME Four Twelve the list goes on...

xr8gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
turboute
turboute

The problem is that you have jumped straight from GT3 to GT4 - you are still expecting the cars to handle the same. GT4 got a completely new physics engine, which basically made the game alot harder than GT3. The reality is that the cars handle alot more like what they do in real life (still not exact of course) but face it - you did not buy a mx5, you got a High power sedan. Stick with it and concerntrate a bit more and you will get round it quick enough.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8gn3
I was dissapointed with GT4......i held GT in high esteem and set it as the benchmark for racing / simulation games.

Coming from Forza on XBOX to GT4 on PS2, Forza ****s all over GT4 in drivability and fun factor. The graphics in GT4 are the only thing it has going for it and its got aussie fords...but they got the exhaust notes on the BOSS and GEN3 all wrong.....its that bad i leave the std exhaust on......If anyone hasnt played Forza I suggest u give it a go much more realistic in every aspect esp in driving dynamics.....

The game has a better layout too.....theres no licence tests...money is easy to get and no annoying "bling" sounds thru the menus etcc..and better range of supercars Ferrari Enzo, Koeniggg CCR, Carrera GT, Merc SLR, TVR Cerbera, Saleen S7, Chrysler ME Four Twelve the list goes on...
So in other words Forza is soft :

GT4 has taken me forever (since its been out) to get to 89%, its hard but thats good because I can go back to it and still try new things that I haven't done yet, or completed.

Forza sounds like a mix of NFS and GT if you ask me, ive played it for a sec in k mart and its seems ok.

Oh and the F6 can hammer, mine beats Racing set up R34's etc with a it of good driving.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #10
xr8gn3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
The problem is that you have jumped straight from GT3 to GT4 - you are still expecting the cars to handle the same. GT4 got a completely new physics engine, which basically made the game alot harder than GT3. The reality is that the cars handle alot more like what they do in real life (still not exact of course) but face it - you did not buy a mx5, you got a High power sedan. Stick with it and concerntrate a bit more and you will get round it quick enough.
I know the driving will be slightly different between the two games...but i havnt found it difficult to get used to at all...in fact its quite easy.

So whats the quickest time anyones got around nurburgring with the F6 with full mods?

Old 29-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

mate do a search..when it first came out myself and others had a "competition" going to see who could do the quickest lap.

Some people are freaks, cos without blowing my own trumpet, Im pretty good, but I never bother with stuffing around with the settings. Just mod and race.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
xr8gn3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

GT4 has taken me forever (since its been out) to get to 89%, its hard but thats good because I can go back to it and still try new things that I haven't done yet, or completed.

Forza sounds like a mix of NFS and GT if you ask me, ive played it for a sec in k mart and its seems ok.

Oh and the F6 can hammer, mine beats Racing set up R34's etc with a it of good driving.

Not at all.... in comparison GT4 is soft.

Forza is nothing like the arcade ricer games.....it's the GT of XBOX only better.lol.

Whats your quikest time around the nurburgring in the F6?

Old 29-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Forza is one of my favourite games ever, it has everything GT4 has and more. You can customise the cars a bit more, and the range of custom gear is more, it also has the damage factor and which is good fun to help you learn to control some of the highpowered cars.
Old 29-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8gn3
Not at all.... in comparison GT4 is soft.

Forza is nothing like the arcade ricer games.....it's the GT of XBOX only better.lol.

Whats your quikest time around the nurburgring in the F6?
I wouldn't have a clue, I dont have the patience anymore to do the ring, 7 odd minutes on the one track is a bit much when its not a new game anymore.

Im playing The Godfather at the moment, thats pretty cool.

Also have Tourist Throphy, which is a motorbike version of GT4 (same guys made it), so ill have to see how that goes aswell.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

im in the high 60% range...its taken me ages...i haven't played for a while but its a challenge..ive got gold on all but 1 endurance race so at least thats out of the way??

anyone got the formula turismo?
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #16
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

last night i checked my progress... 26.4%... :( i am lagging behind compared to you guys...