Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
old fordnut
too many fords

Default Aerial

Anybody replaced theyre aerial on an AU? Someone snapped mine and has fallen off and taken the toothed belt that is inside it with it. Also anyone used QFM A1rm pads? what did they think?

Daily driver 2: Nissan gq patrol

Project 1: XP ute, 351W, c4, 9inch

Project 2: XBGS sedan, sunburnt orange and vinyl, original 4spd, 302C.
old fordnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

QFM pads are great quality at a good price. the owner is a really nice guy, and very willing to help his customers. Havent had them in the fxr8, but was really happy with them in my old car. Shall buy them when my pads need a change...

as for the aerial... im keen to know too.
Old 24-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aerial is pretty easy. supercheap, repco, etc sell aftermarket electric ones that work ok. i am pretty sure the plug is the same too for the power bit.

anyway, pull the wheel off, pull the plastic inner guard out and you will see it on the inside of the guard. it should be pretty simple to replace once you get that far.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
DaveTE
Back in black

Search the this AU section with the word "Aerial". There are few few posts that can help. Also just remember you have to get all the platic teeth belt out of it. If it all wont come out you may have to open the cover on the side of the aerial motor to remove it. If you want more room to work, the leftside footwell there's a connection for the aerial plug to unplug power and reception. Here is a video link that give you an idea of how to remove and reinstall a mast. Not the right model car but pretty good for a view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEJtooskd9Y
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post