Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Default Anybody seen Wolf Creek yet?

Latest Aussie movie to hit the cinemas.
Its not too bad, the start is pretty slack but it gets really good. Pretty gory stuff.
Story goes, 3 backpackers travel around australia to see the wolf creek attraction but after their car break down a mechanic comes along and says he can help them but he has to tow them back to his camp.
Anyway long story short, he turns out to be some psycho who hunts tourists and murders them in twisted ways.
Apparently the movie is based on true events also.

Go check it out!

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

My nephew saw it says it's a bit weird,gave it a rating of 4.5 out of 10.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Going to see it Tuesday, looking forward to it but.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Saw it on wednesday. It was ok, but man do aussies make some violent movies (never had the same reaction to a movie from US). It seems to go quick.

The girl I went with is still a little freaked out by it.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Apparently the movie is based on true events also.
Add one Peter Falconio, with a light sprinkling of Ivan Milat.

(Appologises to Peter)
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #6
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't apologise the truth only hurt those who are afraid of it.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Proposition is also brilliant
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 02:12 AM   #8
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

i saw it the other night, man was it freaky, i honestly dont think ive ever seen a more gory movie, i usually hate aussie flicks but this one was really good, it was sed in a previous post that it was abit borin in the start, i agree with that too but heck at least it was an xd right me and the girl i went with came back to mine and whatched a comedy straight after haha
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #9
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Yes, Yes - Thread-Mine alert...

Saw this over the weekend - awesome movie! My only thoughs were that it wasn't THAT gory... I have a feeling I've watched some sort of dodgy censored version. Anyone know anything about this? Wouldn;t put anything past those Video Ezy scumbags!

I can't hack gory movies at all (PASSED OUT while watching one of the Urban Legends movies (not recommended on a first date) and got about 15 minutes in to Saw before I had to run away sooking)... But Wolf Creek was fine.

Also, kudos for including a P6 LTD!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Whilst part Murdock/Milat, the story revolves around that as told by an SA person to police, who remain naturally suspicious of him nonetheless.

In theory - this villian is still out there, IF the SA person is to be believed.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
1TUFFUTE
Banned

i LOVED IT. I thought it was an awesome aussie film. Best part is the two aussie actors in it...the young road tripper an the killer dude.MADDD...
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #12
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Yes, Yes - Thread-Mine alert...

Saw this over the weekend - awesome movie! My only thoughs were that it wasn't THAT gory...

I can't hack gory movies at all......and got about 15 minutes in to Saw before I had to run away sooking.
one word for you.. HOSTEL
get it and watch it. make sure your having dinner as well.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #13
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I was just outside having a smoke while a workmate gave me a run-down on Hostel... Nearly puked just listening to him tell me about it.

The blow torch thing sounds extremely uncool.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #14
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Hostel was a comedy, I haven't seen a decent horror film in years.

The Hills have eyes was another great laugh too.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
5L
[ 5L ]

the guy was actually from sydney he moved to adelaide after the ordeal
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #16
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Nah, I couldn't handle it- I watched it all but felt a bit sick at times, but Saw and Saw II I was perfectly fine with :

I think it is just one of those movies that seems quite real so to me it was pretty tense and sick really....

No wonder Noni left John if he had that in him! lol
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #17
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
The Hills have eyes was another great laugh too.
The hills have eyes was the next one on my list... I'm taking things gradually. I don't think I'll ever get to Hostel though...

Anyone have any ideas on this censored-edition idea? A quick net search seems to indicate that it exists... I'm totally disillusioned with the movie industry now.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 10-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #18
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

As far as Aussie movies go, I have to say it wasn't bad - BUT never watch with a girl with sharp finger nails!! I still have the claw marks in my arm!!

But none-the-less a good movie all round - guess the creepiest bit is that it was "apparently" based on true story - wonder if he's still around...
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
fat64

I watched it about 5-6 weeks ago on DVD. Still can,t stop thinking about it. Not a particularly great movie, but only to easy to believe it could and, well, does happen, re; Murdoch/Milat.
Tell you one thing. I made sure I had a new, you beaut,big *** battery befor we went camping out bush last weekend.
Did not want some weirdo comin, up sayin, "aarhh, ya gotta bit of a problem there, mate".
fat64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #20
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat64
I watched it about 5-6 weeks ago on DVD. Still can,t stop thinking about it. Not a particularly great movie, but only to easy to believe it could and, well, does happen, re; Murdoch/Milat.
Tell you one thing. I made sure I had a new, you beaut,big *** battery befor we went camping out bush last weekend.
Did not want some weirdo comin, up sayin, "aarhh, ya gotta bit of a problem there, mate".
Was reading an old WHEELS magazine from the mid 1950's, the author was writing about his trip preparation for his upcoming round Australia drive.

Made casual mention of stowing the rifle and other bits of gear. These days, the more emotional types would call police and media censors and complain madly at the suggestion. The fact and reality of life is that if your going to do a rural trip, you must take all legal precaution.

This potential for trouble in remote Australia I must admit is one contributing reason in terms of Civil Defence why I've had text placed in the driver manuals of WA and SA to 'use a cb radio'. I expect this to become national prima facie text. It is a big land and what with 50K or so missing every year nationally, it is a prudent alternative move to the phone, 4WD radio network, EPIRBs and so on, just in case.

Take a look at this site below and the folk still outstanding. Some will never be found, a few have certainly met foul play.
http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/main2.htm

http://www.afp.gov.au/national/missing
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post