Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #61
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Default Re: Cars you owned once and since sold them and know there worth Big Bucks.

HG 308 Premier Wagon
XC Sundowner 302 P/V
XC GXL Fairmont 351 Auto
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #62
minheim

Default Re: Cars you owned once and since sold them and know there worth Big Bucks.

I haven't had any real classics. The one car i wish i had kept was an LC 4 door SL torana I bought in sometime around 2006 or so as a second car run around. It had a 161 motor and disc brake front end. Bought it off a mechanic I knew for $750. Had it resprayed by a friend in a light metallic green for a few hundred plus paint. It was fitted with mags and went really well; even had an under dash aircond and no rust. The only thing it required was a new grill as the fitted one was a bit worse for wear but they were as rare as hen's teeth to find. Sold it after 2 years to my nephew for $1500. He subsequently wrote it off after a year and also took ages for him to actually pay me the full amount owing.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #63
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minheim View Post
I haven't had any real classics. The one car i wish i had kept was an LC 4 door SL torana I bought in sometime around 2006 or so as a second car run around. It had a 161 motor and disc brake front end. Bought it off a mechanic I knew for $750. Had it resprayed by a friend in a light metallic green for a few hundred plus paint. It was fitted with mags and went really well; even had an under dash aircond and no rust. The only thing it required was a new grill as the fitted one was a bit worse for wear but they were as rare as hen's teeth to find. Sold it after 2 years to my nephew for $1500. He subsequently wrote it off after a year and also took ages for him to actually pay me the full amount owing.
The big 161 with air con, never thought of that. nor air con in a LC or LJ Torana never seen one. but yes I suppose a 161 is a big 6 with much the same power to weight as a HT 186 so a 161 LC torana could of been factory optional in them, but not the 138 6 Torana or the 161 Kingswood.

Was your LC 161 a automatic.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2021, 11:42 AM   #64
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Zephyr Ute
XY Falcon
XC Falcon
XB Fairmont
VL Berlina
XC Fairmont (V8 manual)
XE Ghia ESP
Ford KA
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2021, 09:20 PM   #65
minheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
The....
Was your LC 161 a automatic.
Yes an auto.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #66
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 x Walkinshaw HSV (#001 & 149).
XB Fairmont hardtop
LX SS Torana hatchback
Plus a heap of others.

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, manual option 2G body kit but now wears the Rebel kit

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:29 PM   #67
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

When I think about the number of cars I have owned since first getting my license to date :
I've never considered one of them could have been worth good Big bucks much later when sold in all my years.
I doubt anyone would unless they had the money to by a bargain known collectable at a low time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #68
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Red LX A9X Torana hatch with 30K on the clock. Sold it in 1986 for $10,000.

Two years later, sold my red Targa Top Corvette Stingray. 1968 427 manual for $16,000.

A year after that, sold my orange HX 308 manual Sandman Panelvan.

All would now be worth a lot more than that.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #69
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE View Post
2 x Walkinshaw HSV (#001 & 149).
XB Fairmont hardtop
LX SS Torana hatchback
Plus a heap of others.
What did you think of the two Walkinshaw both the same or one better than the other.
My boss had one and had it painted black directly.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:57 AM   #70
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
What did you think of the two Walkinshaw both the same or one better than the other.
My boss had one and had it painted black directly.
Both were the same although #001 body kit did fit better, possibly because it was a giveaway back in the day.
I remember a few people painting them black. Saw one at the Summernats back in the 90s that was black and had the Calais lights. Looked much nicer

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, manual option 2G body kit but now wears the Rebel kit

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post