Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Ford-australia-growing-its-customer-satisfaction-rating-faster-than-anywhere-else-in-the-world

"Ford Australia’s decision to style its franchise dealers after the likes of Apple and Disney has given it the biggest improvement in customer satisfaction of any Ford region globally.

The company’s Dealerships of the Future model, introduced in late 2014, has now been ported into 75 per cent of all Ford dealers, co-funded by the brand and its franchise dealers.

As a result, service retention rates are up 37 per cent since 2012, meaning people are taking their Fords back to the dealer for servicing — a lucrative revenue stream for the company’s network to complement its booming sales.

According to the company, inter-company customer satisfaction surveys show that Ford Australia has improved its customer satisfaction ratings (off a low base) more than any other global region. Other countries are now looking to Ford Australia for counsel.

The suite of programs under the Dealerships of the Future program include concierge greetings at the dealer, iPad-based shopping and service apps, and higher-tech test drives where potential car buyers can receive an explanation of the car features via the Sync voice control system.

New Ford owners can specify the radio station presets and even the climate-control temperature they want configured in their car before taking delivery.

Even little things such as Ford’s sales people delivering the car in a glitzy silk wrap are part of the program. The company admits this is cheesy, but apparently it works, “for even the most hardened tradie buying a Ranger”.

The aftersales side includes lifetime capped-price servicing, online service booking, free loan cars (Melbourne dealer Chadstone Ford has 25 loan cars available, for instance) a full vehicle ‘report card’ with easier to digest information, and free auto club membership.

Ford Australia president and CEO Graeme Whickman said that the program was instigated and part-funded by Ford — which invested in its own back-end heavily — and that its dealers had been set some new “non negotiables” in exchange for Ford regularly sending in coaches and advisors to train dealer staff.

These changes range across cultural, process and technological areas, and according to Whickman are about “moving with the times” and becoming like Apple, Sony, Disney or even flagship Telstra stores.

“This is an exciting time at Ford as we transform our dealerships while launching a record number of new vehicles – all to make our customers’ lives better and easier throughout their sales and ownership experience,” he said.

We are just getting started and we already have seen significant progress in sales and service satisfaction, which has helped us increase sales and improve service retention as this has become a differentiator for Ford.”

Do you own a Ford? How have you found the sales and service experience so far?"

Read more at http://www.caradvice.com.au/454168/f...owuFrfa2yaD.99
Old 16-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford-australia-growing-its-customer-satisfaction-rating-faster-than-anywhere-else-in-the-world

Speaking from my experiences over the years it's not hard to achieve the fastest growing satisfaction when you're starting from Zero.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Ford-australia-growing-its-customer-satisfaction-rating-faster-than-anywhere-else-in-the-world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Speaking from my experiences over the years it's not hard to achieve the fastest growing satisfaction when you're starting from Zero.
Touché.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #4
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didn't notice have they stopped arguing over small cost items on prestige cars purchased from them , and making customers happy instead of ****ing them off ????.Lets check the warranty list. 2 items refused 1 fixed and another fixed finally after 3 attempts, well so far so good.Lets see to fix the other items would have cost them around $1,000 but no decided to **** of a loyal customer.Is that good business Mmmmmmm Nope ,am I going to continue supporting them MMmmmm nope unless by some miracle they rectify my problems.This will probably happen when Tony Abbott returns as prime minister.
Old 17-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
munners

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Didn't notice have they stopped arguing over small cost items on prestige cars purchased from them , and making customers happy instead of ****ing them off ????.Lets check the warranty list. 2 items refused 1 fixed and another fixed finally after 3 attempts, well so far so good.Lets see to fix the other items would have cost them around $1,000 but no decided to **** of a loyal customer.Is that good business Mmmmmmm Nope ,am I going to continue supporting them MMmmmm nope unless by some miracle they rectify my problems.This will probably happen when Tony Abbott returns as prime minister.
In my experience they have improved. I just ordered a new Ranger this week on the strength of great service with existing cars (2012 Ranger and 2013 Kuga) plus a really good buying experience.
I'm happy to see them improving and hope they keep going!

Munners
munners is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #6
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to say having a loan car always available for services is a great concept.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #7
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

It's easier to keep a small group of people happy than it is to keep a large group happy.

If you know what I mean.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
"Ford Australia’s decision to style its franchise dealers after the likes of Apple and Disney has given it the biggest improvement in customer satisfaction of any Ford region globally.

The company’s Dealerships of the Future model, introduced in late 2014, has now been ported into 75 per cent of all Ford dealers,
So that would be the same program that has seen several small dealerships hand back their franchise?

Quote:
New Ford owners can specify the radio station presets and even the climate-control temperature they want configured in their car before taking delivery.
You've GOT to be kidding me?
PLEASE tell me this was an April's Fools' Joke?

Quote:
Even little things such as Ford’s sales people delivering the car in a glitzy silk wrap are part of the program. The company admits this is cheesy, but apparently it works, “for even the queerest cross-dressing tradie buying a Wainger”.
Fixed
Old 20-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
So that would be the same program that has seen several small dealerships hand back their franchise?

You've GOT to be kidding me?

PLEASE tell me this was an April's Fools' Joke?

Fixed

That's not true. The ford customer experience program isn't compulsory.
And not its not a joke. A lot of customers really like these touches.
When was the last time you bought a new Ford?
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2016, 11:59 PM   #10
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
We would need Cory Bernardi for a revolution like that to work the way it truly should, it's all about conservative values and without such values, everything just becomes a destructive degenerate progressive force that's in motion, much like a train crash.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 12:05 AM   #11
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody hell a positive news story on Ford, there's been more in the last 6 months than the last 10 years and almost all comments are negative.

Unbelievable.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 03:38 AM   #12
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
That's not true. The ford customer experience program isn't compulsory.
What's not true?

Dealers were told to spend money to upgrade their showrooms to the new standard, for some small dealerships it was not a viable proposition and they instead chose to hand back their Ford franchise. Fact.

Quote:
Pigs ****. If you need the dealer to set your aircon for you, you really should just stick to buying handbags.
Quote:
When was the last time you bought a new Ford?
When was the last time you ate a dog ****?
Last time I bought a new Ford was 2008, and before that 2007.
Since then we have bought two new cars, and a Territory. I would have loved a new TTG, but Ford stopped making them. I would have settled for an I6 AWD, but Ford stopped making them. We bought a Mazda instead of its Ford cousin, because Mazda didn't fit power-shaft transmissions.
Just now, we (my daughter) bought a new Mitsubishi, because Ford want $6,000 more for their Thai built Focus.
And guess what, we had two Mitsubishi Sales Managers fighting hard for our business, and neither offered to preset the aircon or wrap the car in silk
Old 21-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #13
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
What's not true?

Dealers were told to spend money to upgrade their showrooms to the new standard, for some small dealerships it was not a viable proposition and they instead chose to hand back their Ford franchise. Fact.

Pigs ****. If you need the dealer to set your aircon for you, you really should just stick to buying handbags.
When was the last time you ate a dog ****?
Last time I bought a new Ford was 2008, and before that 2007.
Since then we have bought two new cars, and a Territory. I would have loved a new TTG, but Ford stopped making them. I would have settled for an I6 AWD, but Ford stopped making them. We bought a Mazda instead of its Ford cousin, because Mazda didn't fit power-shaft transmissions.
Just now, we (my daughter) bought a new Mitsubishi, because Ford want $6,000 more for their Thai built Focus.
And guess what, we had two Mitsubishi Sales Managers fighting hard for our business, and neither offered to preset the aircon or wrap the car in silk
Hope your daughter enjoys her 10 year old Lancer. What does it matter where the Focus is built, the quality is there, drives 10 times better and looks (subjective I know) like a million bucks compared to the 5 time face lifted Lancer.

We took our grandmother to buy a new Fiesta and they wrapped it in a bow for her. It absolutely made her day and she still hasn't shut up about it. And they pre set everything for her and again she loved it.

Basically, you can carry on all you like, the upward sales figures are speaking for themselves.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #14
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep. When I took delivery of the Mondeo, they had set the clock to 24 hour time, and set the language to UK English, ambient lighting to blue and climate control to 20C - just the way I like it.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought my Ranger from a Sydney dealership that were great to deal with.
I have taken it to the local ford dealer for a couple of services and have nothing but good things to say.
Well there auto car wash scratched my car, but they were very professional and sorted it out no questions asked. Even gave me a new Kuga to drive while mine was fixed.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #16
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

I did consider quoting several parts of the original post with replies, but honestly, it wouldve been a waste of my time.

Enough said that when I was contacted by Ford in the US regarding an enquiry I had lodged online, I was told by a representative "We've done our research on customer needs, and this is what we're offering".

I replied that they were missing an opportunity, that I was a potential customer, but Ford werent able to offer what I wanted, despite what I required being as easy as a retune in the ECU and a different vehicle specification sticker.

As for the Australian market, Ford now have absolutely zero chance of me ever becoming a new car buyer, regardless of the extra crap they dump on the buyers, they have canned the only vehicle I was ever interested in buying, and are trying to tell me that the ranger is a much better alternative.

If I wanted a mid sized, overhyped, overcomplicated, horrendously overpriced underperforming vehicle, I'd ask Ford to build me a ranger for the price of a great wall.
Old 22-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #17
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Bloody hell a positive news story on Ford, there's been more in the last 6 months than the last 10 years and almost all comments are negative.

Unbelievable.
Adam, the theme of the thread is about customer satisfaction and it's good to see Ford OZ is (finally) doing something to improve this. But the reason for so many negative comments is caused by owners past experiences. The "what problems have you had with your FG" thread has over 7000 posts and earlier models have higher numbers of posts. I thought my BF and FG F6's were great cars to drive but the experience was let down by what can only be described as abominable service.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #18
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe the Pending class action on the Focus has made them aware of the customer again.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #19
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Adam, the theme of the thread is about customer satisfaction and it's good to see Ford OZ is (finally) doing something to improve this. But the reason for so many negative comments is caused by owners past experiences. The "what problems have you had with your FG" thread has over 7000 posts and earlier models have higher numbers of posts. I thought my BF and FG F6's were great cars to drive but the experience was let down by what can only be described as abominable service.
The theme of the thread is how customer satisfaction is growing faster than anywhere else. FG was released 8 years ago, earlier models over 10. Hardly relevant and if you still hold a grudge against a dealer after that long then you're very lucky there aren't more important things in your life to worry about.
Old 22-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #20
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
Maybe the Pending class action on the Focus has made them aware of the customer again.
That class action is going to sink lower than the Titanic.