Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
satria
FOXWHO

Default Movember 2014

Hey everyone, I've noticed no one has made a Movember 2014 thread yet and I think it's time we had one!

If you are interested in Movember, my little speech is below. It's a great cause and my family along with almost every family in Oz has been hit hard by mens health issues that weren't dealt with properly so I'm trying to make a change to that. For me mostly it's just about getting the word out to guys that it's not embarrassing to deal with issues and it's better in the long run to deal with them head on rather than sticking our heads in the sand, but hey if you are fortunate enough to be able to make a donation towards my page which goes to some great charities then feel free to donate as little or as much as you would like!

Thanks!

This Movember, I've committed my upper lip to help change the face of men's health by growing a moustache, now I need your support at http://mobro.co/sammule.

I'm passionate about this cause because my family has suffered a great deal in recent years due to largely avoidable situations if the men in my family had actually been proactive with their health issues and discussed them. I would like to make a change to this and this is why I am growing a moustache, to get people talking! Learn about your family’s history, don’t hide from health issues and do something about it!

One million Australian men live with depression or anxiety. Many men find the stigmas associated with mental health lead to feelings of shame and embarrassment, which often prevents them from seeking help and taking action. We must change this.

The Movember Foundation is working tirelessly every day to rid the world of this discrimination and to ensure men experiencing health problems know the signs and take action early.

I need your support to fund this important work. Together, we can do it.

Feel free to pass this email around to anyone you know that would be interested in taking part!

You can donate by:
- Donating online at http://mobro.co/sammule
- Writing a cheque to 'Movember', referencing my registration ID: 10796049 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 60, East Melbourne, VIC 8002, Australia

You can learn more about the important work and impact Movember is having at: http://au.movember.com/programs

Thanks for supporting my moustache. Together we can change the face of men’s health.

Mo Bro Sam Mulè
http://mobro.co/sammule

satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: Movember 2014

Yep, I'm growing a Grub. A bit gray in places, but a steady grower.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm part of a work team of Mo Bros & Mo Sistas - haven't cracked the top 1000 yet haha, only $955 raised so far.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Meh big deal, I've had mine since I was 21 so nothing different here for me
Old 14-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If I grew some facial hair I might look 13 instead of 11, too bad it only grows on my damn neck.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post