Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 25-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Aldo

Default best of 13.3 at 109mph

Hi guys,just looking to see what time i should be able to achieve with this sort of mph.I was stalling it up to 1200rpm and was a bit slow off the line,i figure next time i head out i'll just give it 1800-2000 or whatever i makes it squat for take off......im hunting a 12 before i swap ot the diff gears to 4.11s in the new year.

cheers
aldo

oh and merry christmas

Old 25-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

There's definitely a 12 there with a good launch. What was your 60' time?
Old 25-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Aldo

i managed a 2.1 60ft,good or bad? It was my first ever outing.
Old 25-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo
i managed a 2.1 60ft,good or bad? It was my first ever outing.
Not to bad especially for first time out, if you have a std stall convertor you can get a bit better 60ft but a say 3000rpm stall would get you well onto the 12's and still be fine to drive on the street, just remeber every .1 off your 60ft take roughly .2 off at the finish.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Hi guys,just looking to see what time i should be able to achieve with this sort of mph.I was stalling it up to 1200rpm and was a bit slow off the line,i figure next time i head out i'll just give it 1800-2000 or whatever i makes it squat for take off......im hunting a 12 before i swap ot the diff gears to 4.11s in the new year.

cheers
aldo

oh and merry christmas

I know with my Gt I was able to get a 12.91 @110mph with a 2.1 60ft with bolt on's, standard running gear, and street tyres. You should be able to get the same sort of times out of your's easy , running 109mph.
Old 26-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

A 1.8-60' should get you a 12.5-12.6,
This is what I used to run with 109mph and a 1.8-60'..
This was in an old falcon with a 3.5 rear end,2200 stall and street tyres.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Just remember that with lower diff gears and higher stall, it has a much higher potential to get off the line quick, but the challenge increases.....not to blow the tyres up in smoke!!

Avoid at all costs ANY wheelspin.....I can see you lighting it up now! The 60ft is definitely where you'll find your 12 sec et! Good luck!

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #8
Aldo

hahaha trublu you have no faith......neither do i.

I,was hoping to head out to willowbank tomorrow but the weather has turned sour up here, guess i'll have to wait for the new year.

I just remembered i was also doing a small burnout on my street tyres,mainly for fun, so this time i'll try and resist and go burnoutless .......maybe not on my first run

cheers boys
Old 28-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Yeah, maybe drop the tyre pressures a bit too.

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
northey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hahaha trublu you have no faith......neither do i.

I,was hoping to head out to willowbank tomorrow but the weather has turned sour up here, guess i'll have to wait for the new year.

I just remembered i was also doing a small burnout on my street tyres,mainly for fun, so this time i'll try and resist and go burnoutless .......maybe not on my first run

cheers boys
Good to see quick times like that on your first time out. This advice may not be sought after but I'm giving it anyway. lol.

If you're car's running well enough leave it alone and experiment with driving changes only for a couple of meetings.

Whatever you do make only ONE change at a time. If you make two or more alterations and the car responds to the changes which one did work and which one didn't? Take some of the guesswork out of it and you'll be better off than most drivers there.

There is a heap of time and speed to be made up with shifting gears at different times and, as you mentioned, start line revs.

Enjoy it; it's a great sport and is very technical (if you want it to be) no matter what level of car you run.
northey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #11
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by northey
Good to see quick times like that on your first time out. This advice may not be sought after but I'm giving it anyway. lol.

If you're car's running well enough leave it alone and experiment with driving changes only for a couple of meetings.

Whatever you do make only ONE change at a time. If you make two or more alterations and the car responds to the changes which one did work and which one didn't? Take some of the guesswork out of it and you'll be better off than most drivers there.

There is a heap of time and speed to be made up with shifting gears at different times and, as you mentioned, start line revs.

Enjoy it; it's a great sport and is very technical (if you want it to be) no matter what level of car you run.
Good advice there northey, there alot of gains with just the driver alone.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post