Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Marlboro2728

Default Vehicle Towing

My vehicle was towed yesterday after being in a clearway four minutes over the time. Question is, car was in 1st gear (manual) and the handbrake on. Do they just drag it onto the flatbed truck? What do they attach to as the eyebolt attachment is in my boot? What damage should I be looking for? Can't see anything noticeable underneath but curious as to what they attached the winch to.

Marlboro2728 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Vehicle Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro2728
My vehicle was towed yesterday after being in a clearway four minutes over the time. Question is, car was in 1st gear (manual) and the handbrake on. Do they just drag it onto the flatbed truck? What do they attach to as the eyebolt attachment is in my boot? What damage should I be looking for? Can't see anything noticeable underneath but curious as to what they attached the winch to.

They'd attach it to the eyebolt attachment.....That's the easiest and quickest way for the to drag it.

Damage...Possible rear brake damage and geabox damage....if you're thinking about making a claim for damages, good luck....Don't think you'll get too far.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vehicle Towing

j hook onto both the front lower control arm and drag
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post