Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
alokin123

Default Re: Looking to buy a new Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR4ORD
Bought my Auto Sport Petrol hatch for $29,200 brand new.
Thats the sort of price i was hoping for, low $29K. Did you have to haggle for that?
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
scotty_p
Starter Motor

I got mine manual sport for $28000 drive away pick it up tues and yeah was told that this shipment was the last before the Thai ones come in
scotty_p is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #33
MR4ORD
Slow going

alokin123 not really, just said I dont wanna be screwed around and be forced to go to another dealer, do you want my business or not?

Then told them what I wanted to pay which was close enough to that so it was a deal.
MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #34
alokin123

ok so i came to an agreement. I am getting the Thai built focus Sport with mats & door scuff guards (scuff guards arent on the thai version). for $29500. Knowing my luck the price for the Thai build version will probably come down.

This was agreed over the phone and I put down a holding deposit. Is this normal? I would of assumed i would have to sign something. Is this deposit binding? What happens if what was agreed over the phone is different to what i am actually given? I also have my trade in on top of this. Could i potentially sell it in the mean time or do i actually have to trade it in? I am just a bit concerned as i havent seen a contract nor have i signed anything.
Old 25-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #35
MR4ORD
Slow going

No contract to sign = no deal. Unless its on paper it don't mean ****. Cover your own *** and get a contract with all the details stipulated. You shouldnt have to pay for mats and scuff plates man...
Old 25-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #36
entheos

Hey Mate,

You don't HAVE to trade your car if you sell it in the mean time...however if you don't sell it in the mean time you can either trade it when you pick it up, or pay the full amount.

As far as a deposit is concerned, that means you have bought a car. A deposit paid is a sign that you have committed to buy a car, both legally and morally. The salesperson can email you a copy of the contract, or you can drop in and sign to your heart's content. I know who you are dealing with (that is if you bought from us) and I know that all his dealings are done above board, and he will look after you until the day of delivery and beyond. Transparency is the key here and he will be. Nothing to hide and he will be open and honest. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to give either him or myself a call.

Groomy
Old 25-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #37
alokin123

thanks guys. This is the first new car i have bought (have only previously purchased used vehicles). I know the salespeople sell cars and are professionals at it.

And Michael, believe me if i have questions i will be calling or emailing. I will also be providing feedback on these forums as to how things transpire. I honestly was interested in getting the Thai version (even though there is no telling if there will be any issues compared to the German build) so i hope that is what i end up with as that is what was agreed to.

Related to the Thai version, the sports model wont come with rear parking sensors but this will apparently be rectified Q4 which means i wont have this on my car. Is this something that i just miss out on or could this be added down the line at no cost? I know the Sport and Titanium will come with a reversing camera but this extra bit would be handy also.
Old 25-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
entheos

Honestly, we haven't been informed directly (well not as a team yet) as to what changes we will see in the Thai built...You guys often know before the salespeople. :P
Old 26-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
MR4ORD
Slow going

Also just got a tweet back from Ford Australia, no map updates until the 4th quarter of 2012... we keep waiting
Old 27-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Fez Zetec and its suspension rattles my fillings on Qld roads !!!
I will be buying a car with "softer" suspension,when I change cars..So, Fiesta and Focus are off my list. Whereas my BFMk 2 Ghia's suspension is brilliant, wouldn't know I was driving on the same road as the Fez Zetec !!! Focus Titanium should have luxury suspension,not sport.
Old 27-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I will be buying a car with "softer" suspension,when I change cars..So, Fiesta and Focus are off my list. Whereas my BFMk 2 Ghia's suspension is brilliant, wouldn't know I was driving on the same road as the Fez Zetec !!! Focus Titanium should have luxury suspension,not sport.
The longer wheel base of the Fairmont helps, plus its built for Aussie conditions... You should buy yourself a FGII XT!!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #42
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Well current Fiesta suspension hasn't changed to the new model,

however the Focus now has Control Blade IRS on ALL models. Same suspension from the Ambiente to the Titanium. Difference in ride comfort is based on the rims/tyres/tyre pressure - I wouldn't cross the Focus off your list just yet...Drive them and see. They have the same technology suspension as the Falcons....not the same as other small cars... Like I said, don't write the focus off just yet...
Old 27-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #43
wombat66

On the Ford website the Sport & Titanium are listed as having sport tuned suspension. Where as the others have standard tuned suspension. Is this incorrect?
Old 28-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #44
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
Well current Fiesta suspension hasn't changed to the new model,

however the Focus now has Control Blade IRS on ALL models. Same suspension from the Ambiente to the Titanium.
The Focus has had Control Blade IRS since the very first model.

As for the ride on the Titanium, yes it’s not luxury smooth, but it’s certainly not rough, and the way the car grips the road, hugs corners and handles rough roads at speed is wonderful. For me, the suspension is brilliant and soaks up much of the road.
Old 28-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #45
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat66
On the Ford website the Sport & Titanium are listed as having sport tuned suspension. Where as the others have standard tuned suspension. Is this incorrect?
Spot on mate.
Old 28-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #46
Foconatic

[quote=dannyhilton]Spot on mate

The question was...Is this incorrect? No not incorrect but correct.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #47
wombat66

I thought the suspension was tuned differently but entheos had me confused when he said the only difference was the tyres/rims. We found the ride a bit hard on our Focus Sport at first but now we are used to it and it's OK.
Old 29-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #48
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Foconatic]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Spot on mate

The question was...Is this incorrect?
The Sports and Titanium both have sports suspension, so a different, firmer tune than what the Ambient and Trend offer. This will carry across to the new LW MKII sourced from Thailand also.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #49
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Lightbulb Re: Looking to buy a new Ford Focus

I will be getting the missus a new Focus in the next couple of days. Do I need to run it in? Should I take it for a blat down the highway for a few hrs,or just throw her the keys and just let her drive it like normal. She wants a manual. Yay

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #50
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis
I will be getting the missus a new Focus in the next couple of days. Do I need to run it in? Should I take it for a blat down the highway for a few hrs,or just throw her the keys and just let her drive it like normal. She wants a manual. Yay
Pre-congrats matey! The Ford Dealer I got mine from said to drive it normal, but to try and do lots of city driving and limit long journeys for the first 1,000km. The Focus manual says to drive it too hard, but generally drive it as a normal person would is my understanding (not revving to redline every gear is how I interpret this haha). My previous car I babied it very early on, and I certainly didn’t this time, and instead drove it how I would normally drive, so a bit of punch here and there but mostly very casual. Others may be able to offer more expertise here that I though.

Regardless, huge congrats! What model you looking at?
Old 18-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #51
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

We really wanted a Trend hatch auto but they were hard to get and she needs it now for work. We drove a Sport Auto and a Ambiante Manual back to back and was impressed by the base model with manual. We were a bit sceptical of the small motor, but is was impressive for what it was. Just the wrong timing for a Trend. I tried to get her a sedan but she was not keen. I like them more. She settled for a base model and is happy. When the tyres ware out she wants some decent looking alloys. She said spend some $ on the Corty or the beast of if feel the need to spend more coin or more spending $ for my trips at the end of the year. Bathurst,Indy,Eastern creek for mates bike race and Phillip Island for the Gp. Who am I to argue.

What are peoples thoughts on paint protection. I think I like the idea of hitting it with Nufinish every six months a better option

Ambiente, manual,ink blue(first New ford,just had to be blue),headlight protectors,mats,window sheilds and a full tank of fuel for $19.1 grand and change(forgot exactly. Paper work is with her)
It is only to get her to and from work.

My dog. 2011 Sierra

Wanted
Old 18-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #52
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis
Sensible driving is all it needs and if you do a lot of f/way driving then vary the speeds and don't stay at constant rpm. By varying the speeds the piston rings bed in better. And don't replace the oil at the 3000 klm service as it has running in oil that is not friction modified. Only replace the oil/filter as recommended.
Congrats on your purchase BTW
]

Old 18-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #53
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Thumbs up Re: Looking to buy a new Ford Focus

Thanks for the replies fellas.

My dog. 2011 Sierra

Wanted
Old 20-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #54
alokin123

ok, i have been told that my Focus has docked in Sydney and could potentially be at the dealership next week. Just curious to hear from others as to how long they have waited after their car has arrived in Australia?
Old 20-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #55
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123
ok, i have been told that my Focus has docked in Sydney and could potentially be at the dealership next week. Just curious to hear from others as to how long they have waited after their car has arrived in Australia?
5 days for me.

Old 20-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #56
Foconatic

I wonder what the chances are of asking for a free software update (when it becomes available) on the Satnav SD card when buying a new Focus? After all it's half way through 2012 and the current update is from 2010. New buyers be informed! I guess this is the case with any car as I have heard updates happen every 3 years??

Old 23-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #57
alokin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foconatic
I wonder what the chances are of asking for a free software update (when it becomes available) on the Satnav SD card when buying a new Focus? After all it's half way through 2012 and the current update is from 2010. New buyers be informed! I guess this is the case with any car as I have heard updates happen every 3 years??
I was reading the other day that Hyundai was the first company to start providing updates to its cars sat nav systems
Old 24-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #58
Pandemic

Quick question, I read that the Focus ST has a reverse camera and front sensors.. Are these two features available in the Titanium model, whether it be German or Thai built?
Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #59
entheos

The titanium from germany has front and rear parking sensors, but no camera.

The Titanium from Thailand has front and rear parking sensors, AND a reverse camera.
Old 24-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #60
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic
Quick question, I read that the Focus ST has a reverse camera and front sensors.. Are these two features available in the Titanium model, whether it be German or Thai built?
Front sensors are standard on both German and Thailand version, reverse camera will be standard on the Titanium from Thailand only.

Havn't seen any test ST models with front sensors, and considering the ST won't get Active Park Assist (so I've read) I'm not sure if it will get the front sensors, as only our Titanium gets them. Specs shouldn't be too far away to confirm though.