Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default FFAU is coming to Wagga Wagga Saturday, 5th November 2005

FordForums.com.au Wagga Wagga All Ford Day 2005 - Saturday, 5th November 2005

Guys,

As some of you may already know, there is an All Ford Day held at Equex Exhibition Centre in Wagga Wagga bi-annually (every 2 years). This year they are due to hold another one around late October/early November.

The All Ford Day is usually organised by other people but this year they have declined to be involved (due to lack of people willing to lend a hand), and thus Hillis have asked me to arrange the day and organise it, as a result I have made the decision to invite members of FFAU to come to Wagga and have 1st preference in displaying their cars at the All Ford Day.

For those that dont know, Wagga is about halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, about 4.5 hrs from each, and around 3hrs away from Canberra. As a result we're pretty much smack bang in the middle of where the vast majority of members reside, and therefore it's a good compromise instead of holding a show in Syd or Mel and effectively ruling out members from the other city because its such a long way away.

The All Ford Day is usually held on a weekend, at this stage a date has NOT been confirmed but is only a few days away from selecting one and confirming it to allow enough time for planning etc. The main date being proposed at the moment is the weekend of the Saturday, 5th November 2005
, which is the weekend before the Melbourne Cup. This is proposed mainly to give the Vic members 4 days (Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues) to come up and return home after the show.

Because it will be a weekend meet there will be events other than the All Ford Day held for FFAU members, namely a cruise, a large dinner as well as general meet and greets, all of which are in the planning stage.

Laminge, XA Coupe, RussellW, Casper, Tickford2001 and other members have all expressed strong interest in attending (most are definite) and therefore I am hoping a number of other members will follow. We would also love to see some representation of the FPV and XR Clubs of the ACT and Syd/Newcastle/Vic, and provided I get some contact details, information in regards to the show will be sent out to the relevant people in these clubs. If any other club has an interest in attending and displaying, please contact me.

There is a limited amount of space which I can allocate to each club, FFAU will get the bulk of display space and at this stage exact numbers have not been determined - this is being done ASAP to cater for the different groups. I estimate we will be able to display about 150 cars on the day, give or take and I will confirm this on Monday with the Dealer Principal of Hillis Ford.

The Admin team of FFAU, as well as and myself are all VERY keen to make this happen, it is now up to members to support this idea and hopefully we will make it a goer!

This thread is intended as a discussion/question thread, I will check it regularly and keep you all informed of our progress. Please ask away if you have any questions.

For those who want further details, please contact me via email as PM wont hold many. My details:

Aust Gregor
0412 634 240
austin_joefus@hotmail.com

Looking forward to seeing you in Wagga soon!

Cheers!

Last edited by Laminge; 15-08-2005 at 06:45 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Count me in buddy, and if you need any help let me know.
The club will be there to, as im sure the ACT FPV/XR club will be.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I supose we are looking for more so members to be under the AFF banner for this one lets make this one a ripper!

:

Last edited by Laminge; 03-06-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
Twisted
Contributing Member

Count me in!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thanks guys for your indications of support. I have emailed all clubs listed on the FPV website, as well as FPV themselves.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #6
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

i'm in too mate. have some work planned for the XR in the very near future, hopefully in time for the day.

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #7
hambo_12

I spose I have no excuse to miss this one, ill be in, unless there isnt enough spaces left
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Again thanks for thr support, please don't be afraid to put your hand up or ask questions - thats the whole idea of this thread. Once we get some concrete details happening we'll make an announcement.

In regards to spaces to display, it will get to a ponit where we'll have to start saying 'sorry'to people because we are worknig with a limited amount of room here. Thats why I want anyone from FFAU to put their hands up NOW - so I can give our members the first priority when it comes time to allocate spacing between the clubs attending.

There are some beautiful examples of Blue Oval Machinery on this site and I would love to see a lot of them there on the day, hopefully that will happen. But please don't leave it till the last minute and say yes, because with the way things are going atm we will run out of room fairly fast.

The following clubs have been invited so far, I'm waiting to hear back from them. If they dont get back to me, thats more room for us:

*FFAU
*Falcon GT Clubs of QLD, VIC, SA and TAS
*FPV/Tickford Clubs of NSW, ACT, VIC, SA and WA and TAS
*XR6 and XR8 Club of SA
*XR Club of QLD
*FPV themselves

numerous more - basically every club that was listed on the FPV website was emailed. Obviously some of them wont be interested but I didnt want to leave anybody out.

Still on the list of people to contact are:

*APS
*AWC
*Herrod Motorsport
*Performance Ford Mag (to cover the show)
*JMM

Thats who I have on my list and I have no doubt left people out, so if you are a member of a club or a business that is NOT on this list and you would be interested in attending, please send me an email and I will get some details out to you ASAP.Businesses (especially forum sponsors) are more than welcome to have a display of their work or of a vehicle they have worked on.

I will also need volunteers to help marshal, organise displays, colect money at gates etc etc - Hillis Ford staff will help with this also but we will still ned more people.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #9
big_pete
Sublime

thats great news, looks like your going to struggle to fit everyone in at Hillis ford,
it was chokablock full last time they held the ford day there.

is there any chance of moving it (to say Bolton park) or is Hillis ford set on it to be held there??
Old 04-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Pete,

yeah unsure at this stage, but the aim is to keep it at Hillis. We also have use of the lawns in front of Bob Jane, Country Energy etc etc so we should be able to fit a fair few in.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #11
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

once we have definate dates we will be able to confirm definately but if it is melb cup weekend we would be in too
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'll be meeting with the DP and business manager of Hillis Ford tomorrow and we will set out some details, which I will then post up on here. After that we can start allocating spaces etc.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Date is now confirmed.

FordForums.com.au + Hillis Ford All Ford Day 2005 - Sunday, October 30th 2005
To be Held At: Hillis Ford Wagga Wagga, 41 Hammond Avenue Wagga Wagga

There will also be a cruise and dinner on the Saturday before. I will update the first post to show these details.

I have confirmed that we will be able to display up to 220 Cars, therefore I am not placing a limit on how many FFAU members wish to display. Everybody is welcome!
More details coming.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #14
ozyute

Hi Guys new member red06
Will be coming down from the gold coast for the weekend
look forward to meeting other Au members
ozyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #15
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good stuff red06! we want to see as many forum folk as possible from all across the country attend this event.

see you there!
tickford2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm in
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #17
ef5l

if my car is completed im in but im not apart of any club is that a problem?
ef5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Nope, you dont need to be a member of a club - individual owners are more than welcome to display their vehicles seperately. You are a member of FFAU anyway!

Can we start a list of those coming, and if you wish to display your car or not?

I.e.:-

Back2thefutura - displaying
and so on........

Last edited by b2tf; 06-06-2005 at 08:53 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

I should also mention at this stage it is quite likely Gary Myers will be attending and bringing 1 or 2 cars.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #20
xrhp6
Starter Motor

2 at this stage, will discuss at tomorrow nights meeting.
I am sure more will be there.

Regards
Jeff White

Vice President
FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Last edited by xrhp6; 06-06-2005 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Insert Club Name
xrhp6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Jeff,

good to hear, can I ask what club you're a part of, or who you're meeting with?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

mate i would love to come down to this so alocate some space for an AWC display and ill get it all organised

Adam

p.s. what date is indy??
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Adam,

that would be great. We will certainly allocate some space for you, when you have a better idea of things give me further details etc etc.

Not sure what date indy is on.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #24
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Looks like you may need a bit more room than what Hillis Ford has mate.
Have you thought about talking to the guys across the road?

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #25
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Nope, you dont need to be a member of a club - individual owners are more than welcome to display their vehicles seperately. You are a member of FFAU anyway!

Can we start a list of those coming, and if you wish to display your car or not?

I.e.:-

and so on........
Bucknaked - displaying
Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
Looks like you may need a bit more room than what Hillis Ford has mate.
Have you thought about talking to the guys across the road?
Kerry,

We have full reign of the dealership lot, as well as the grounds next to the dealership (large lawn area owned by Country Energy), and we are investigating the use of the carpark area in the Homebase complex which is directly across the road.
Put it this way - we'll find space for everybody, even if we have to shift things a little.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #27
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Kerry,

We have full reign of the dealership lot, as well as the grounds next to the dealership (large lawn area owned by Country Energy), and we are investigating the use of the carpark area in the Homebase complex which is directly across the road.
Put it this way - we'll find space for everybody, even if we have to shift things a little.
No focus. They don't take up much space, but the space they do occupy , is just wasted space : ing_sm

jk.

Looking forward to this. Should be a good day. You should see if any of the hotels can sponsor the event by offering some cheaper accomodation. Just an idea
Old 06-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #28
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
No focus. They don't take up much space, but the space they do occupy , is just wasted space : ing_sm

jk.

Looking forward to this. Should be a good day. You should see if any of the hotels can sponsor the event by offering some cheaper accomodation. Just an idea
Being done as we speak. I'm off to Sydney for work for 2 days tomorrow but I will be back Thursday night, so I'll keep everybody up to date.

If need be I will negate my spot to display, but I think we should be ok. I'm aiming for a minimum 150 cars on display.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #29
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bucknaked - displaying
XR-ENVI- displaying
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #30
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This would be a good chance for people who are not part of car clubs and have a well prepared car, stock or otherwise, current or otherwise to be part of the event

Yes this does mean you!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post