Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-05-2023, 02:05 PM   #1
sharkbite

Default Ford Focus Manual - buying questions

Hi Folks...

you would normally find me over on the Falcon chats.....but circumstance brings me here...

After some idiot ran up the back of my sons' old bucket mazda sp23 and wrote it off...He's looking for another car.

He quite likes the look of the 2011-2013 Foci, and they can be bought second hand within his price range, some with less than 100,000km on them.

We are looking at a Manual rather than the dual-clutch, and he can't drive a turbo just yet....so the 2.0L looks just the ticket.

As he can't afford another bucket....

i would like to ask the owners of focus's...

Is there anthing we should look out for when examining prospective purchases, and are there any common problems that we should be aware of?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

cheers,
sharkbite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2023, 08:54 PM   #2
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Focus Manual - buying questions

My son purchased a 2012? 5 speed at about 40,000km, as his first car. Still has it at about 120,00km. I think he's changed the headlight bulbs, other than the normal wear items and still going strong.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2023, 02:56 PM   #3
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They blow headlight bulbs. Dont know why but they do.
No as a manual they are pretty good.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
sharkbite

Thanks for the advice folks!

He ended up getting a 2014 trend manual with 73000km on it -
drives well in my opinion - heaps smoother gear change that in the old bucket.

Stocking up on Headlight globes as we speak!

cheers,
sharkbite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post