Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
kitt1977
Starter Motor

Smile Has anyone got a Fiesta Zetec 4 Speed automatic

I am looking at downgrading to a Fiesta Zetec Automatic. At the moment I have a Ford Mondeo diesel, but I find it a little bit big, specially when it comes to parking the Mondeo I find it quite a struggle sometimes. I have always had small cars, but I decide it to go larger but know I regret it, I am the only driver! I giving the Mondeo to my father and I am going to downgrade to a fiesta.

I think is a gorgeous car and would love one, I can only drive automatic. Has anyone have one of these fiestas and what are they like, any information is much appreciated!
Thanks for your help

kitt1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Brisbane XR5
Starter Motor

My mother's had her Zetec Auto for a few months now, and it's a great car, even if lacking the performance of the manual. The build quality is excellent, and the features in the Zetec are second to none for it's class. If you have Bluetooth/Voice control in your Mondeo, the Fiesta Zetec also has the same excellent functionality.

Mum upgraded from a WP Fiesta Auto, and the 1.4 does need to be pushed harder than the WP.

Coming from the Diesel Mondeo, you may find the Fiesta Auto doesn't have enough torque. Organise a decent test drive, even if it means taking a demo for a half day or overnight. Make sure you drive it enough to ensure you'll be happy with it. The Fiesta is a small car that drives like a larger one. I happily jump in and enjoy driving it.

I would also look at the Focus TDCI with the 6 speed Powershift transmission. It has the same engine as the Mondeo, and will be much easier to park. The reviews on this model have been very good.

Let us know how you go.
Brisbane XR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
craigdmb
Starter Motor

Default Re: Fiesta Zetec Auto

Hi Refer to my post in another thread. Since writing it, the engine has now done 2000 k's in a month and appears to have loosened up a bit, fuel consumption now down to 7.5. it really does feel like a bigger car. A lot of freeway travelling on Christmas and Boxing Day, up steep hills on the Western Freeway with Cruise Control on. No dramas, the more I drive it, the more I love it. The only part I find the engine struggling is when you are stopped at the bottom of the Hill and then have to accelerate to get up the hill, its a bit slow. In all other aspects of driving Overtaking, accelerating on to a freeway merge, taking off at lights all good. I really cannot fault it. The only thing Ive noticed is the Headlights dont seem to have a very big throw on them unless I turn high beam on. Anyone else notice this?

Previous Post:-

Hi Guys,

An update. Had the car a bit over a week now. Got my Zetec Auto from City Ford in Melbourne, a great price. Car had just arrived, Aug Build Oct Compliance, total waiting time about 5 days. Im having so much fun in this car, was worried about what some people were saying about the auto, ie not as powerful etc. Well I might have a special version, because mine seems to handle the freeways and the hills fine.

I did notice that the sticker for the servicing says "Your computer software has been updated to improve fuel economy and performance next to the 3000K service reminder"

Cant fault it, everyone whos seen it loves it. Ive already done 1000K's of combined freeway / city driving. Fuel economy at 7.7 l/100 (worked out manually rather than from the trip computer). Loving all the gadgets. Cruise works wonderfully as well.

The only things I want to do to it is get tinting, and maybe black euro plates.
craigdmb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdmb
The only thing Ive noticed is the Headlights dont seem to have a very big throw on them unless I turn high beam on. Anyone else notice this?
Thankyou. I thought I was going insane. Even adjusting the height doesn't give them enough throw forwards and sideways. High beam is great though.

As long as you don't have unreasonable expectations regarding the performance, as it is a small hatchback with an auto so it's never going to be a sports car performance wise, you should be fine. The diesel Mondeo has a fair bit of kick, so I would think it will be a few rungs below that, but they are fantastic cars regardless. My advice, learn how to drive a manual. My Fiesta manual is awesome to punt around the hills, plus you get better performance, fuel economy, and they are a hoot to drive. But if that's out of the question, take one for a test drive. Best way to figure what's best for you. :-)
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post