Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #1
Swaytan
Swaytan

Default Fiesta ST

Hey Guys,

I spoke to Ford Head Office today to enquire about the possibility of the Fiesta ST being released in Australia.

The "Information Officer" said that she had no information about it, but as soon as they find out about it, the dealers will know.

I've spoken to my Ford dealer, I've told him that as soon as any info becomes available on a possible release for the ST, that he's to give me a call straight away so I can order one.

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

No confirmation just yet. From what I believe, it will all depend on the Focus XR5T.... apparently the XR4 badge has already been trademarked by Ford.....

It would need to be very competitive price like the XR5T to be good. Undercut the Polo GTI and maybe start at $26,500RRP? That would be sweet...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
No confirmation just yet. From what I believe, it will all depend on the Focus XR5T.... apparently the XR4 badge has already been trademarked by Ford.....

It would need to be very competitive price like the XR5T to be good. Undercut the Polo GTI and maybe start at $26,500RRP? That would be sweet...
I would imagine so, yeah. I can't wait to be the proud owner of one...
Old 21-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

My dealer is keen on an ST himself. If they do bring it in, then the rest of us should be able to get those sexy bumpers. I'm sure they still won't be cheap but they look damn good.
Old 21-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well you all know where i stand!!! As soon as i hear the words " YES ITS COMING" Ill be at a dealership quicker than u can say ?????? I hope it gets priced well under the Polo Gti but ur not wrong in saying it would still be an expensive little rocket.

Im already thinking of mods for it. 110kw + 421 Manifold (extractors) + Full 2inch stainless steel exhaust with duel tips + K&N pod setup. Might see 130fwkw. Ohh i think i need to be alone..

Here is one i prepared earlier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fezza.jpg (30.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 21-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
My dealer is keen on an ST himself
I believe all the dealers are. Can't wait. Could you imagine ST170 brakes on a Fiesta? The Gs that would pull when stopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Well you all know where i stand!!! As soon as i hear the words " YES ITS COMING" Ill be at a dealership quicker than u can say ?????? I hope it gets priced well under the Polo Gti but ur not wrong in saying it would still be an expensive little rocket.

Im already thinking of mods for it. 110kw + 421 Manifold (extractors) + Full 2inch stainless steel exhaust with duel tips + K&N pod setup. Might see 130fwkw. Ohh i think i need to be alone..
Wouldn't be much cheaper then the Polo GTi. I also doubt those kW would be achieved at the wheel! Remember, it is 110kW at the engine (fly???)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Oh c r a p did i write fwkw, DOH, i did mean at the fly. Maybe im getting a bit ahead of myself.
Old 21-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Cant Wait, If one of them comes out I'll be torn between 3 lovers, and wont know which car to Buy. Heart will say Golf GTi or XR5, Head will definietly say Fiesta ST with MODS!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA

Here is one i prepared earlier.
Imagine all those Kw through an auto............:P

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #10
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Imagine all those Kw through an auto............:P
Hahahahah good call. Im currently learning the basics to drive manual. by the time the ST comes i should be very confident
Old 21-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Cant Wait, If one of them comes out I'll be torn between 3 lovers, and wont know which car to Buy. Heart will say Golf GTi or XR5, Head will definietly say Fiesta ST with MODS!
I test drove a Golf GTi, it was STUPID!!! Half of my back is still lodged in the beautiful racing seat. It was like flying a plane...
Old 22-04-2006, 05:09 AM   #12
Danny
GT4.

They are greeeat cars!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #13
Nappa
Impressive...

what would be nice is the differnt coloured dash , currently we have that green/blue (im colourblind) but in the uk models you can also get a real red, a proper green and a blue, plus ST seats look great and it also get the focus manual shifter knob. I think i'll have a white one with the blue stripe kit please.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post