Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
JG33Y113
XA&XB&XC

Default LV Focus

Hi all,

I have a 2008 Focus XR5 and I have a couple of problems that can't find the solutions to.

In the last month my drivers window will go up to the TOP when i pull the button up to automatically go up, but as soon as it gets there it bounces back down to just under half way. It's as if it finds a obstruction and returns back down...very handy on rainy days

The next feature it has pulled on me today is...the key FOB's (both of them) will unlock the car but no lock? If i put the key blade in the keyhole and turn it it locks, so I know the actuators are working, just the FOB won't lock it.

Anyone else had these problems or features?
thanks
JG33Y113 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LV Focus

sounds like the windows may need to be reset Check Utube for how to do this. Otherwise may have a corrupted file needing a reflash from the dealer.

I would try pairing both keys again with the cars computer Your manual will tell you how.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 07:51 PM   #3
JG33Y113
XA&XB&XC

I'll give it a try...thanks
Old 01-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Disconnect negative battery terminal and reconnect, you'll lose radio code though, note that its a sticker on the unit itself, facia off and then a couple torx screws to get it out from memory to find the code on the sticker.

Mine does this **** here and there too with the windows going up, then back half way down.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #5
JG33Y113
XA&XB&XC

Key Fobs are all good. Turns out i had left the car with accessories on and that was stopping it lock! Blonde moment.

The drivers window is a mystery. All the Youtube videos show similar procedures for resetting, but my window won't allow for the button to be held in the up position because that's the problem...it just bounces right back down!
So no luck there.

I'll dissconnect the battery and give it a go. I assume that is what caused it in the first case because I had the timing belt changed at the mechanics and it started after that!
Old 01-02-2021, 11:05 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Try the window initialization process below:

LV Focus Window Initialisation Process.JPG
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
JG33Y113
XA&XB&XC

thanks...but the button up procedure causes the problem...it doesn't give me a chance to press past a certain point.
i think the battery disconnect procedure will be the first step.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:13 PM   #8
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the reset does not work you may need to visit a dealer to get the software reinstalled.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 07:05 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33Y113 View Post
thanks...but the button up procedure causes the problem...it doesn't give me a chance to press past a certain point.
i think the battery disconnect procedure will be the first step.
Maybe try doing it the opposite way, do the down step first instead of up??
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post