Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-01-2021, 06:48 AM   #1
Sid
Starter Motor

Default Fuse 107 Ford Focus CL LT 2008

Ford Focus CL LT 2008.
Trying to find more info about the circuit protected by fuse 107 - Instrument cluster battery supply, on-board diagnosis.

I had to remove this fuse in order to stop a battery drain. LCD screen in middle of cluster now turns off with ignition off, before it used to stay on for a while. Then randomly came back, draining my battery. I understand there must have been something else powered on, as the LCD screen would not drain on its own.

Would like to know whether or not is safe to drive with fuse 107 - Instrument cluster battery supply, on-board diagnosis removed, and what component from this circuit could be the culprit from this circuit. I previously had the whole instrument cluster replaced hoping to stop the drain, but issue was not fixed.

Behavior with fuse 107 removed: a time of ignition airbag warning light does not illuminate, and LCD screen displays engine systems fault / reduced acceleration warning, disappearing soon after, with no engine systems failure warning light staying on.

Thank you.

Last edited by Sid; 12-01-2021 at 07:02 AM. Reason: more info added
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
Sid
Starter Motor

Default Re: Fuse 107 Ford Focus CL LT 2008

Fuse diagram and descriptions attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (74.2 KB, 7 views)
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post